May 2018 Discounts

Do AP holders tend to book using the public rates, then cancel/rebook if the AP rates are less and rooms are still available?

Do AP holders tend to book using the public rates, then cancel/rebook if the AP rates are less and rooms are still available?

This is what I do when booking non-DVC rooms. The last time, there wasn't much for AP discounts so I ended up sticking with the regular public discounts.

Hello to all anxiously waiting, I'm right there with ya haha.
Quick question, this is my first time booking without a travel agent.
I booked my trip a few months ago and I'm getting close to paying it off. assuming my dates and resort are eligible for
a discount, how do I go about getting it? can I do it online or do I have to call?

Chatted this morning- she said nothing has been released as of today. She suggested watching emails, lol.
Once they are released you should be able to see the offer online but I always call. Mostly to make sure there isn’t a better deal on a different resort or room type!

I booked my trip a few months ago and I'm getting close to paying it off. assuming my dates and resort are eligible for
a discount, how do I go about getting it? can I do it online or do I have to call?

You would need to call. Essentially, you’re making a whole new reservation. As I understand it, the discount isn’t really “applied” to your reservation. A new one will need to be made. The money you paid can all be transferred. You can rebook yourself on line, but getting the funds transferred will require a call.

Called just now, no AP Rates yet! Nor could she tell me anything....but I did book my room so I can hopefully just roll over the
Reservation to the AP rate, I also did it with a curiosity hold so my funds are not tied up till I know exactly where I will be!

You can modify your reservation online if you booked a package. I did so twice for my last trip after discounts were released and I kept changing my mind! It was super easy and convenient.

If booking a room only ressie for May should I do it now to be sure to have rooms and then when/if a discount comes out I call to modify it?? It has been a while since I've stayed in a Disney resort. If a discount comes out can that be done online or do I need to have to call? Thanks.

If booking a room only ressie for May should I do it now to be sure to have rooms and then when/if a discount comes out I call to modify it?? It has been a while since I've stayed in a Disney resort. If a discount comes out can that be done online or do I need to have to call? Thanks.

I believe your question was answered in the previous posts. Just read back a few and you'll see others had the same question!

I believe your question was answered in the previous posts. Just read back a few and you'll see others had the same question!
I just wasn't sure if that applied to room only as the others seemed to refer to packages. I think the modify online option is new since my last trip. That will be a much easier option than the calling used to be. :goodvibes

Are we thinking Tuesday now? My super smart husband pointed out they wouldn’t release a GP discount on a holiday when they would not be staffed for the flood of calls.

Are we thinking Tuesday now? My super smart husband pointed out they wouldn’t release a GP discount on a holiday when they would not be staffed for the flood of calls.
I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday,the current offers "book by" date is jan 2.

Will be booking May 8th for 3 weeks. Thinking I need a moderate this time but I know the Port Orleans discounts are usually very limited. Its making me crazy waiting.

Will be booking May 8th for 3 weeks. Thinking I need a moderate this time but I know the Port Orleans discounts are usually very limited. Its making me crazy waiting.

New to Port Orleans, are the discounts limited in quantity of rooms or the % off discount??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter