• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2018 Discounts

Are we thinking Tuesday now? My super smart husband pointed out they wouldn’t release a GP discount on a holiday when they would not be staffed for the flood of calls.
Yah, Holidays means nothing in Disney life...., trust me they are staffed! I used to be staff

This does not matter if you book before a AP is released....I always pre book a room only in hopes what I picked has the same room and resort with AP

Just checked and nothing yet.

Someone said the current promotion ends today. So my thinking is the new discounts will pop up tomorrow.

I'm not booking right now because the more rooms booked at full price, means they will open less rooms with the discount. Something for everyone to keep in mind.........

This is the route some take but please keep an eye on availability at your resort of choice. Last time there were many that did this too then once the offer dropped, not only didn't they get what they wanted with a discount but by then their desired dates or resort or room category were gone even at full price.

Personally I choose to book what I want and hope that a discount comes out that lessens the price. I heard of too many disappointed people last time who were regretting not booking what they wanted prior to the offer dropping.

I'm not willing to miss out on my trip by keeping extra rooms in the inventory if I know that I'm going whether an offer comes out or not. Disney is popular these days and the offers go VERY quickly! Last time I was online within 15 minutes of the offer dropping and still did not find any availability even though I checked numerous times each day for WEEKS as well as moved dates and length of stay around.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the time the Special Offers page is updated when a new offer is released? I plan on having my computer out and logged in to MDE tonight.

Overly prepared? Maybe.
Overly excited for my next trip? Definitely. ;)

It changes. Last April FD was available online starting at 5:30am. Last Fall, the room-only discount dropped shortly after 8am and then another offer dropped approx 45 mins after that.

I keep hoping we'll see a new offer drop tomorrow but when I looked back at historical info, the past 2 years it's been 5-7 days between one offer ending in late December and the next one starting. Not saying that will happen this time but it is a possibility.

Until it drops I'll be refreshing my phone every time I wake up at night. :)

Another random question as I wait for general discounts to drop as well -

Does anyone know if there's a specific night limit? Like has to be 3 + nights --- historically?

We have 4 nights at WL in May and are hoping to apply. Also historically - what were the exact discounts? I'm sure things will change but just curious. Thanks!!!

It changes. Last April FD was available online starting at 5:30am. Last Fall, the room-only discount dropped shortly after 8am and then another offer dropped approx 45 mins after that.

I keep hoping we'll see a new offer drop tomorrow but when I looked back at historical info, the past 2 years it's been 5-7 days between one offer ending in late December and the next one starting. Not saying that will happen this time but it is a possibility.

Until it drops I'll be refreshing my phone every time I wake up at night. :)
Thanks!! Your response helps me validate my incessant checking to my husband. Ha! :)
We are helping his parents go this year by paying half of their trip, so any discount will help.

I read a rumor, though cannot remember where, that it will be released tomorrow, but you know how that goes... ;)

Good luck to everyone!

This is the route some take but please keep an eye on availability at your resort of choice. Last time there were many that did this too then once the offer dropped, not only didn't they get what they wanted with a discount but by then their desired dates or resort or room category were gone even at full price.

Personally I choose to book what I want and hope that a discount comes out that lessens the price. I heard of too many disappointed people last time who were regretting not booking what they wanted prior to the offer dropping.

I'm not willing to miss out on my trip by keeping extra rooms in the inventory if I know that I'm going whether an offer comes out or not. Disney is popular these days and the offers go VERY quickly! Last time I was online within 15 minutes of the offer dropping and still did not find any availability even though I checked numerous times each day for WEEKS as well as moved dates and length of stay around.

I can stay anyplace since it's just me this trip although I'd prefer to stay away from the deluxes just because of the cost. I know the last time I booked using a discount I had to switch resorts to get it because there were so few rooms at the discounted rate at my original resort. So now I don't book ahead of time and just take what I can get. My trips are short usually so I've been able to find something.

Part of it is because I've gone so many times that unless I'm planning to spend alot of time at the resort, the resort isn't as big of a deal unless I'm doing a DVC point stay - those I care about the resort.

You are So right always book what you want or can afford.discount is just icing on the cake.
35% for AP discounts is a massive savings when the non-discount rate is $500+ per night - it's the difference between staying in a Deluxe Savanna View and staying at a Moderate.

edit : to be clear, what I'm saying is what I want vs what I can afford change drastically based on the discount.

Last edited:
I just talked with my TA, he told me there's rumors of Room only discouns coming out this week. If you're booking through a Latin America Travel Agency, you get free dinning April through June (he said, rumors), but it end's up being more expensive than booking though America - due to taxes. Just in case any latin friends were wondering... Otherwise, Im thinking tomorrow or friday.

35% for AP discounts is a massive savings when the non-discount rate is $500+ per night - it's the difference between staying in a Deluxe Savanna View and staying at a Moderate.

edit : to be clear, what I'm saying is what I want vs what I can afford change drastically based on the discount.
You are quite correct but in the case you are describing, I would keep an eye on the Moderate that you can afford and possibly book it before anything drops.

Last time people waited hoping for a discount to drop and when it did what they wanted was not offered or, booked by others before they could book it. They then raced to book their back-up moderate only to find that those rooms were gone too!

Something people may want to keep in mind is that your 'back up' plan maybe another person's price range if an offer drops so while you are attempting to secure a Deluxe Savanna View, someone else is thrilled to snag a moderate resort at a discounted price.

It's always a personal decision, I'm just speaking from experience when last time there were many disappointed people who couldn't even find rooms paying full rack-rate once the offers dropped and all rooms at their desired resort were snatched up.

I just talked with my TA, he told me there's rumors of Room only discouns coming out this week. If you're booking through a Latin America Travel Agency, you get free dinning April through June (he said, rumors), but it end's up being more expensive than booking though America - due to taxes. Just in case any latin friends were wondering... Otherwise, Im thinking tomorrow or friday.
Hmm, I am in Honduras. Wondering if this is something to look into..... I have never talked with an agent here. Guess it is at least worth looking into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter