MK to Close Early (4:30p) on NOVEMBER 30, 2017 for Private Event!

Bummer. 11-30 was our last park day and we were planning on MK. Guess we will need to plan on adding a stop that night.

Thanks for the heads up!

I wonder if this early day will make for a low crowd day. Do enough people read these boards to know about the early closing and go to another park?

I wonder if this early day will make for a low crowd day. Do enough people read these boards to know about the early closing and go to another park?
Well, if you check back in early November, you'd come to the conclusion that no one reads TPAS and @scard192 lapsed in the bumping duties. ;) :D ;)

Most guests/planners do check the Disney park calendars which can also be found on wdwinfo.com. It's been reported earlier in this thread that the early closure makes for a light crowd day. :goodvibes

I wasn't in the park during regular hours that day, but I did enter the parking lot at about 3 and it was pretty much deserted. And after standing at the TTC for several hours, I didn't ever see a major flow of guests around closing.

I wasn't in the park during regular hours that day, but I did enter the parking lot at about 3 and it was pretty much deserted. And after standing at the TTC for several hours, I didn't ever see a major flow of guests around closing.

Then this sounds like a perfect day to be there early and stay till they run you out.

I was in MK this past November on an early (4:00) close day. BEST. DAY. EVER. At park open in particular, it was empty. We left around 1:00 to go to another park, and I really regretted it. I wish we had spent all the time we could have in MK that day.

At first I was upset about this party b/c we are losing 4 of the 7 nights we are there to parties, but now that we have the park hopper, this could be a nice option. Guessing this event is also why we were able to land BOG PPO and CRT lunch this day, which is just ridiculous.

Opening hours can always change, but does anyone know if there is an history of adding EMH on an early closing day? Hoping the PPO breakfast doesn't become a park just opened breakfast.

Lol yea I'm sure there will still be 10+ threads titled "why is MK closing early Nov 30th??!!??". And 5 or more threads about how mad someone is that they booked their trip and Nov 30th is the only day they can go to MK and how dare Disney not give ample amount of notice. Then of course in every thread at least 1-2 people saying it's simply due to budget cuts

Hey now I thought everything was free dining's fault?

I was in MK this past November on an early (4:00) close day. BEST. DAY. EVER. At park open in particular, it was empty. We left around 1:00 to go to another park, and I really regretted it. I wish we had spent all the time we could have in MK that day.
we were too, got so much done! and then we hopped to DHS. Good move to leave early, we waited until 3'ish to leave the and bus stop was mobbed. Then 3-4 DHS bases rolled in one after another.

Well, if you check back in early November, you'd come to the conclusion that no one reads TPAS and @scard192 lapsed in the bumping duties. ;) :D ;)

Most guests/planners do check the Disney park calendars which can also be found on wdwinfo.com. It's been reported earlier in this thread that the early closure makes for a light crowd day. :goodvibes

last year we booked our trip towards the end of April and this early close was already on the calendar; not like it was a surprise.

one less MVMCP that week so still 4 nights MK closed early; 4:30 vs 7PM so we are talking about 2.5 hours.
People without PH stay away; I highly recommend planning to be at MK this day.

last year we booked our trip towards the end of April and this early close was already on the calendar; not like it was a surprise.

one less MVMCP that week so still 4 nights MK closed early; 4:30 vs 7PM so we are talking about 2.5 hours.
People without PH stay away; I highly recommend planning to be at MK this day.

That's where we are going! I got a PPO Be Our Guest then we will hop to Epcot around 2 o'clock.

We'll see you at breakfast....then we are hopping to EPCOT too. These boards make me laugh sometimes.

Ditto, but we are not eating at BOG that day. MK til they kick us out then hopping to Epcot with a 7:30 Teppan Edo reservation.

It's the annual WDW Milestone Service celebration for CMs celebrating a 10, 15, 20 etc, year anniversary as a CM at WDW.

Last edited:
We'll be at WDW that week, The CM private event will make all the other non party nights very crowded, but I think I will make Nov 30th my MK day. I love when a park is empty because it closes early. ;)

So for this cast member appreciation night who is working the event? It kind of sucks for those that have to work an event they are being appreciated for. They should make it two nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter