More Permanent Closures. RoL, Stitch and Primeval Whirl

Really bummed about ROL - dh & I both really enjoyed it - so much is changed and different - not sure when we'll ever return, and we have gone for years - since 1972.
Don't really want to see the 'shadow' of what we enjoyed so much.

This times 1,000! It breaks our hearts to see the “magic” turned into just rides. We are an “entertainment” family, we can ride coasters at our local theme park. The prestige is what we paid for, I worry that kids today don’t care about entertainment.

This times 1,000! It breaks our hearts to see the “magic” turned into just rides. We are an “entertainment” family, we can ride coasters at our local theme park. The prestige is what we paid for, I worry that kids today don’t care about entertainment.
You are right. There are so many things I miss that added to the charm and ambiance. Remember the lady at the Japan pavilion who used to make the candy? Miss her being there. Of course now they took away so many of the entertainers in Epcot that it just won't be the same.

You are right. There are so many things I miss that added to the charm and ambiance. Remember the lady at the Japan pavilion who used to make the candy? Miss her being there. Of course now they took away so many of the entertainers in Epcot that it just won't be the same.
When the Disney- union dispute gets resolved (hopefully it does soon) the only entertainment at epcot will be mariachi cobre, voices of liberty, carol piano lady at uk and jammitors. That's it. I don't think they'll bring the third party band back to Canada or the third party entertainment they had in Germany, and of course the rest were cut before the closure

When the Disney- union dispute gets resolved (hopefully it does soon) the only entertainment at epcot will be mariachi cobre, voices of liberty, carol piano lady at uk and jammitors. That's it. I don't think they'll bring the third party band back to Canada or the third party entertainment they had in Germany, and of course the rest were cut before the closure

While we are not as Disney Crazies as some of you... for the last 10 years we have averaged 1.75 trips from Detroit to WDW. We went as a family every year and the wife and I would take a 3 or 4 days trip on our own once a year. Yes, we love FoP, Space Mountain, and all the thrills... it was the ability for my wife and I to slip into the wine bar in Italy and talk about our distain for Lemocello with the bar tender until they convince us to try it again (btw it’s still lemon flavored windex), or for me to speak my horribly mangled German at the Biergarten, or for my daughter to build a lifetime memory with the jugglers in France that make me drop 5k once a year. Cedar Point, Busch Gardens, and Hershey Park all have ice cream and rides.

If the entertainment doesn’t come back, we are done. For the same money we can (and have gone ) go to Munich and I can destroy their language in person. We can go to France for real French food. Our children are old enough to not be excited by ice cream shaped like Mickey... well not for 5k we don’t.

Last edited:

The loss of RoL is truly sad. It is my wife's favorite nighttime show and one of mine as well. I could understand a replacement for it in the future, perhaps with a transitional show of some kind after the parks are back normal. It's hard to imagine Disney spending money on that right now, there will be tons of money to be recouped which makes it all the more disappointing. On top of the other entertainment cuts I feel less inclined to spend a lot of money on WDW like I used to.

The loss of FoP is truly sad. It is my wife's favorite nighttime show and one of mine as well. I could understand a replacement for it in the future, perhaps with a transitional show of some kind after the parks are back normal. It's hard to imagine Disney spending money on that right now, there will be tons of money to be recouped which makes it all the more disappointing. On top of the other entertainment cuts I feel less inclined to spend a lot of money on WDW like I used to.
Im assuming you meant Rivers of light

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter