My Very Merry Christmas Celebration ~Updated 8/12

I do have an adr at both (MM is at 4:05pm). I think I will keep them both and then go to which ever one we feel like when we are there. If they play Tom and Jerry (one of Lexi's favorites) then I am sure that is where we will end up. I have heard good things about the burgers there.

I can't begin to describe to you how INCREDIBLE that burger is. Believe me. It will change...your...life...

Okay, not really, but it's really good. And unless they changed something, the last time I was there you could get a milkshake as your drink with your meal. I mean, what's better than that? Especially for those of us who pretend not to be lactose intolerant while on vacation.

Ice cream and milk? BRING IT!!! :lmao:

I am also considering doing a dessert party on Saturday night. I think it would be a good way to end our vacation. Do you all agree or have any other suggestions?

I've been to a dessert party....here's my opinion.... The desserts are not worth $26 bucks....but having a seat for Wishes is worth $20 and the desserts/lemonade is worth $6. If you do go to it, I would suggest you do it in your first week because by the second week you are more likely to change your plans around or throw them out the window! You may not want to be tied down to a pre-paid thing.

I am not necessarily really happy with our last weeks plans. I don't really know why, maybe because I don't know what I am doing. Do any of you have any suggestions?

They look fine to me. But like I said you might be winging it bit more that second week based on how DD is doing and what she likes/doesn't like. The wonderful thing is you have so much time to be there! If I were you I would have a list of some non-park restaurants that you might like just in case you really change up your park days.

Are you going to have some general park touring plans that you've written up with you for each day? I find those to be a life saver to keep me on track and so I don't get overhelmed.

I can't begin to describe to you how INCREDIBLE that burger is. Believe me. It will change...your...life...

WOW!!!! That must be some burger.:lmao:

Okay, not really, but it's really good. And unless they changed something, the last time I was there you could get a milkshake as your drink with your meal. I mean, what's better than that? Especially for those of us who pretend not to be lactose intolerant while on vacation.

Ice cream and milk? BRING IT!!! :lmao:

I agree with you. My dh would be all over that he loves milkshakes (ok I do too). I think a good burger needs to have a good milkshake with it. I am 99.9% sure we will stick with Sci-Fi now.

I've been to a dessert party....here's my opinion.... The desserts are not worth $26 bucks....but having a seat for Wishes is worth $20 and the desserts/lemonade is worth $6. If you do go to it, I would suggest you do it in your first week because by the second week you are more likely to change your plans around or throw them out the window! You may not want to be tied down to a pre-paid thing.

Thanks Heidi, I was thinking about it this morning and I like the idea of not having anything scheduled so we can do what we want on our last night.

They look fine to me. But like I said you might be winging it bit more that second week based on how DD is doing and what she likes/doesn't like. The wonderful thing is you have so much time to be there! If I were you I would have a list of some non-park restaurants that you might like just in case you really change up your park days.

I will have make up a list to have with me. It will be interesting to see what she ends up enjoying.

Are you going to have some general park touring plans that you've written up with you for each day? I find those to be a life saver to keep me on track and so I don't get overhelmed.

Definitely!!! :thumbsup2

WOW!!!! That must be some burger.:lmao:

::yes::

I agree with you. My dh would be all over that he loves milkshakes (ok I do too). I think a good burger needs to have a good milkshake with it. I am 99.9% sure we will stick with Sci-Fi now.

:thumbsup2

I will have make up a list to have with me. It will be interesting to see what she ends up enjoying.

You know, Heidi had a great recommendation for me on my last trip, and even if you don't do it exactly like this, it can still be helpful.

She recommended having a list of my top three things per day. For example, if I knew I was going to Epcot, my three things were to ride on one ride alone with my Dad, make sure Nemo got on the Donald ride in Mexico, and have champagne in France with Mom and Nana. Now, that's not my actual list, but just off the top of my head to give you an idea.

My lists are less specific than others would be, but you could get as specific as you want. If you know your DD is dying to meet the Princesses, that could be number one on your list for a MK day. Savvy?

I wonder if TGM and TP/UG have the same days as the best/worst days. I just bought the UG so I can get a sub for 50% off.

I thought you got it for free when you have the book? Did they change it to only 50% off? Boo!

You are getting some great advice here! I fully agree with the suggestion to keep your second week a bit loose. Chances are you'll go "full boar" your first week and do a lot, then just can fill in whatever was missed/whatever you want to do again/relax the second week. Man, oh man...2 weeks will be glorious! :laughing:

We are doing MM - remind me for a full review if I don't get to it before your trip. It's been on our list before, but was skipped over due to sickness. I'm really looking forward to it, the menu looks delish!!

You know, Heidi had a great recommendation for me on my last trip, and even if you don't do it exactly like this, it can still be helpful.

She recommended having a list of my top three things per day. For example, if I knew I was going to Epcot, my three things were to ride on one ride alone with my Dad, make sure Nemo got on the Donald ride in Mexico, and have champagne in France with Mom and Nana. Now, that's not my actual list, but just off the top of my head to give you an idea.

My lists are less specific than others would be, but you could get as specific as you want. If you know your DD is dying to meet the Princesses, that could be number one on your list for a MK day. Savvy?

Savvy! :thumbsup2

I thought you got it for free when you have the book? Did they change it to only 50% off? Boo!

They did change it. I was bummed because that was one of the reasons I bought the book.

You are getting some great advice here! I fully agree with the suggestion to keep your second week a bit loose. Chances are you'll go "full boar" your first week and do a lot, then just can fill in whatever was missed/whatever you want to do again/relax the second week. Man, oh man...2 weeks will be glorious! :laughing:

I can't wait. MeMom always said she thought the perfect length would be two weeks. We are blessed as Jon gets a ton of vacation time and he can take that long off at once.

We are doing MM - remind me for a full review if I don't get to it before your trip. It's been on our list before, but was skipped over due to sickness. I'm really looking forward to it, the menu looks delish!!

I will be sure to remind you. You are in the teens now aren't you!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I can't wait. MeMom always said she thought the perfect length would be two weeks. We are blessed as Jon gets a ton of vacation time and he can take that long off at once.

I hope you are not dying to come home after 7-8 days and thinking I am absolutely crazy. :laughing: We like our ten day trips, but we still leave a lot undone, since we don't go commando style any more. It is so nice to do a few things each day and have plenty of time for relaxing, resort hopping, swimming, some good meals, etc. in between rides and shows. I would love to have two full weeks, but our summer trips are probably going to have to be shortened by a day or two instead of lengthened because of Jill's work schedule. If it comes to that, I may just keep one room and Brooklynn and I could stay on for a few extra days. ;)

A knee with a bandaid - that looks familiar. :goodvibes

Hope you are having an awesome birthday, sweet girl!

Happy Birthday!! What a cutie. :cutie:

Thank you!!! She is happy because we celebrated all together yesterday (I have to work today) and she gets to celebrate all day today because Jon (his normal days off are Sun & Mon) is home with her. She really loves the days when she gets to stay home with Jon all by herself. She is a daddy's girl.

Happy birthday sweet girl!!! I hope your day is fantastic!!

She is having a great day (see above)!!!! She made a fort the other day in her bedroom and we hid one of her presents in there. Jon told her she had mail so she was excited to open a present this morning.

Happy Birthday to the cutie patootie! :goodvibes

Thanks TK!!! She received a book with all the Disney characters and a Toy Story 3 game for her Leapster. I see something new in your signature. I likey!!!:hug:

I hope you are not dying to come home after 7-8 days and thinking I am absolutely crazy. :laughing: We like our ten day trips, but we still leave a lot undone, since we don't go commando style any more. It is so nice to do a few things each day and have plenty of time for relaxing, resort hopping, swimming, some good meals, etc. in between rides and shows. I would love to have two full weeks, but our summer trips are probably going to have to be shortened by a day or two instead of lengthened because of Jill's work schedule. If it comes to that, I may just keep one room and Brooklynn and I could stay on for a few extra days. ;)

I know we are going to love it. I don't know if I said it or not but this is also our first family vacation where we have not spent it visiting family back east. I am supper excited.

A knee with a bandaid - that looks familiar. :goodvibes

Hope you are having an awesome birthday, sweet girl!

This picture is from late June but it is one of my favorites. She and the sidewalk had an unfortunate meeting. We were shopping at an outdoor mall place and she fell. She got right back up and said she was fine. I didn't notice right away that she had started to bleed. One of the ladies in a store asked her what happened and then I noticed. She was really nice and gave me their first aid kit so I could clean it up. I felt bad that I didn't notice right away but it didn't start bleeding right away either. No wonder one of the ladies in another store was giving me dirty looks. She is having an awesome birthday. I just talked to her on the phone. :lovestruc

Favorite Characters

I just wanted to take the time to let you all know who our favorite characters are. First up is Jon. His favorite character is ....

Tigger has been his favorite character for as long as I can remember. He informed me yesterday that he wanted a Tigger shirt. I now know what to get him for his birthday in Sept.

Alexia's favorite character is...

When I asked her who her favorite character was I also asked her why Mickey was her favorite. Her reply was, "Because he is in charge of everybody." :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't really have a favorite character. I like them all. I do have a favorite princess...

I am excited that I get to see Belle in her Christmas dress at MVMCP

OK I do have a slight obsession with a certain pirate...

He just makes me sigh, melt, you name it. Don't worry Jon knows. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter