My Very Merry Christmas Celebration ~Updated 8/12

:flower3: I am so sorry I am so late. You should have messaged me on Facebook. ;)

I prefer TGM to Touring Plans but my heart belongs to Ridemax Mark and the Passporter. :lovestruc

Somewhat. I usually listen to his green park advice and have found it be very reliable.

Thanks

:flower3: I am so sorry I am so late. You should have messaged me on Facebook. ;)

I prefer TGM to Touring Plans but my heart belongs to Ridemax Mark and the Passporter. :lovestruc

:welcome:

I will send you a shout out on FB next time. ;)

Ohh, I forgot I have Ridemax and I bought my Passporter last Friday.:thumbsup2

I like your new ticker.

:welcome:

They were very brave. Part of me really wants to tell Lexi on her bday (which is the 16th) but then another part of me wants to wait until we get a little closer to the trip. If I tell her on her birthday then I thought I could have her help me make a countdown calendar. We will hit 100 days 4 days after her bday. I think that is a long time for a 5 year old to countdown though.

30 days, maybe? I think she'd do good with one that length.
Just an opinion.

CHECK SOUTHWEST TODAY!!!

I just happened to go to the site to add early bird check-n for my return flight and found the rate had dropped by $55/ticket!!!

You've gotta keep your eyes on SW. They go up and down and round and round, but you can usually get something decent. :banana:

We don't use any of the touring programs. We just do a few rope drops, a few sleep-ins, a few late nights - we end up doing very well.

ADR'S

Django: [to Remmy] Food is fuel. You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die.

The time came for me to make my adr's. Can you believe that I actually forgot about it until the night before!?!?! :scared1: In my defense though we had just moved and things were still a bit chaotic in our house. Jon loves the above quote because for him food is fuel. To him the way food is presented is just as important as how it tastes. He is pretty adventurous and will try anything once. He used to work in a deli in Montreal that sold food from around the world and he loved to try it all. If the atmosphere in a restaurant does not compliment the whole mood of the place he doesn't enjoy it. I asked him if he wanted to help plan our trip and he said no. I asked him if he had any requests and he had only two. The first was that we would have one sit down meal a day and the second was that we would have plenty of down time. He did say that if on our down days we felt like going to a park we could but he at least wanted them scheduled. So for that reason I am planning a break everyday, some days with nothing and some half days. We do have PH's and I am planing on upgrading to AP's when we are there. If I can keep Jon well fed and well rested we will have a good vacation. If he isn't either one of these he gets his Grumpy/Donald on and it isn't pleasant. So in order to keep him well fed here here is our ADR list.

Sunday, November 28 ~ Arrival day ~ No adr's planned. We land in Orlando at 1:20pm. I don't know what we will do. We may hang out at the resort or go to Downtown Disney. We may head over to the Magic Kingdom and just take in everything. MK closes at 7pm because there is a MVMCP that night.

Monday, November 29 ~ Akershus @ 10:40pm ~ I had originally had Beirgarten on this day but my daughter mentioned eating with the princesses so I had to change our adr's around. I really only am interested in breakfast here. I figure we can do rope drop and then head over here. Is this doable?

Tuesday, November 30 ~ Crystal Palace @ 8:05am ~ I am really looking forward to spending the day here. I am looking forward to seeing how Jon and Lexi react to everything. If Jon's reaction is similar to when I took him to see the ocean for the first time it will be a lot of fun.

Wednesday, December 1 ~ Sci-Fi @ 11:25am ~ I am not tied to this adr so if you have any suggestions for plans (especially due to tomorrows plan) feel free to suggest away.

Thursday, December 2 ~ Brown Derby @ 3:35pm ~ This is our Famtasmic evening. I booked the package and this is the only time I could get. This is a free morning. We can do whatever we want and then head to MGM for our adr and hang out until Fantasmic.

Friday, December 3 ~ Boma @ 4:45pm ~ I have us at MK in the morning and the afternoon off. I really don't remember why I had it planned this way.

Saturday, December 4 ~ Yak & Yeti @ 12:30pm ~ We are at AK all day.

Sunday, December 5 ~ Chef Mickey's @ 10:40am ~ This is our MVMCP evening. We are sleeping in and resting. We plan on heading over to the MK around 4.

Monday, December 6 ~ Le Cellier @ 6:40pm ~ Epcot all day.

Tuesday, December 7 ~ 50's Prime Time @ 4:10pm ~ MGM today, would like to see Osborn Lights tonight.

Wednesday, December 8 ~ Biergarten @ 4:20pm ~ Epcot today

Thursday, December 9 ~ 'Ohana @ 5:05pm~ Break day

Friday, December 10 ~ Liberty Tree Tavern @ 11:30am ~ Kona @ 7:05pm ~ This is the only day we have two adr's. We are at MK this day.

Saturday, December 11 ~ Tusker House @ 10:40am ~ We are AK this day.

Sunday, December 12 ~ No adr's ~ Our departure day:sad1: I am hoping for a late flight so we can go to a park in the am, but I haven't bought our tickets yet.

I am also considering doing a dessert party on Saturday night. I think it would be a good way to end our vacation. Do you all agree or have any other suggestions?

I am not necessarily really happy with our last weeks plans. I don't really know why, maybe because I don't know what I am doing. Do any of you have any suggestions?

30 days, maybe? I think she'd do good with one that length.
Just an opinion.

I was thinking that between 45 and 30 would be good.

You've gotta keep your eyes on SW. They go up and down and round and round, but you can usually get something decent. :banana:

I check them at least once a day.:thumbsup2

We don't use any of the touring programs. We just do a few rope drops, a few sleep-ins, a few late nights - we end up doing very well.

You always seem to have great trips. I think a lot of it is all about showing up at rope drop.

Sunday, November 28 ~ Arrival day ~ No adr's planned. We land in Orlando at 1:20pm. I don't know what we will do. We may hang out at the resort or go to Downtown Disney. We may head over to the Magic Kingdom and just take in everything. MK closes at 7pm because there is a MVMCP that night.

If you arrive in Orlando and use ME you most likely won't get to your resort and checked in until 3:30. I might unpack, if it's warm enough swim, and maybe head to DTD for dinner. If you have an extra day on your hopper you could do MK. :thumbsup2

Monday, November 29 ~ Akershus @ 10:40pm ~ I had originally had Beirgarten on this day but my daughter mentioned eating with the princesses so I had to change our adr's around. I really only am interested in breakfast here. I figure we can do rope drop and then head over here. Is this doable?

Are you doing Epcot rope drop? If so, then yes, it will work.

Tuesday, November 30 ~ Crystal Palace @ 8:05am ~ I am really looking forward to spending the day here. I am looking forward to seeing how Jon and Lexi react to everything. If Jon's reaction is similar to when I took him to see the ocean for the first time it will be a lot of fun.

:wizard: Perfect! We loved CP.

Wednesday, December 1 ~ Sci-Fi @ 11:25am ~ I am not tied to this adr so if you have any suggestions for plans (especially due to tomorrows plan) feel free to suggest away.

My kids and DH loved Sci-Fi. DHS is truly lacking in food options.

Thursday, December 2 ~ Brown Derby @ 3:35pm ~ This is our Famtasmic evening. I booked the package and this is the only time I could get. This is a free morning. We can do whatever we want and then head to MGM for our adr and hang out until Fantasmic.

Have read really good things about the Brown Derby.

Friday, December 3 ~ Boma @ 4:45pm ~ I have us at MK in the morning and the afternoon off. I really don't remember why I had it planned this way.

Boma is amazing! :cloud9:

Haven't been to the TS Yak & Yeti but the CS is fabulous! :thumbsup2

Sunday, December 5 ~ Chef Mickey's @ 10:40am ~ This is our MVMCP evening. We are sleeping in and resting. We plan on heading over to the MK around 4.

I hope CM is better for breakfast than it was for dinner. ;)

I cannot believe you got this for dinner. I would contemplate eBaying this ADR. :rotfl2:

Tuesday, December 7 ~ 50's Prime Time @ 4:10pm ~ MGM today, would like to see Osborn Lights tonight.

This is on my must-try list for our trip. Can't wait to see how you liked it.

Looks fun! :woohoo:

I love 'Ohana! It's our first night traditional dinner.

Friday, December 10 ~ Liberty Tree Tavern @ 11:30am ~ Kona @ 7:05pm ~ This is the only day we have two adr's. We are at MK this day.

I like both menus but haven't been to either.

Fun! We might do this for Chloe's bday.

Sunday, December 12 ~ No adr's ~ Our departure day:sad1: I am hoping for a late flight so we can go to a park in the am, but I haven't bought our tickets yet.

:sad: Departure day sucks!

I am also considering doing a dessert party on Saturday night. I think it would be a good way to end our vacation. Do you all agree or have any other suggestions?

I am not necessarily really happy with our last weeks plans. I don't really know why, maybe because I don't know what I am doing. Do any of you have any suggestions?

I think your plans look great! I find as the trip progresses, the plans get thrown by the wayside.

ADR'S

Django: [to Remmy] Food is fuel. You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die.

The time came for me to make my adr's. Can you believe that I actually forgot about it until the night before!?!?! :scared1: In my defense though we had just moved and things were still a bit chaotic in our house. Jon loves the above quote because for him food is fuel. To him the way food is presented is just as important as how it tastes. He is pretty adventurous and will try anything once. He used to work in a deli in Montreal that sold food from around the world and he loved to try it all. If the atmosphere in a restaurant does not compliment the whole mood of the place he doesn't enjoy it. I asked him if he wanted to help plan our trip and he said no. I asked him if he had any requests and he had only two. The first was that we would have one sit down meal a day and the second was that we would have plenty of down time. He did say that if on our down days we felt like going to a park we could but he at least wanted them scheduled. So for that reason I am planning a break everyday, some days with nothing and some half days. We do have PH's and I am planing on upgrading to AP's when we are there. If I can keep Jon well fed and well rested we will have a good vacation. If he isn't either one of these he gets his Grumpy/Donald on and it isn't pleasant. So in order to keep him well fed here here is our ADR list.

You NEED to come to MK this day. It's the only day our schedules match up. ;)

I think it's totally doable. In that 1:40, you can easily get in Nemo, Soarin, FP for Soarin and probably a set for TT on your way to eat.

There's nothing like walking down Main Street at 8 am with no one on it!

I haven't eaten there in years, but I loved. I am a big fan of the lunch ADR despite what TGM says. It works well for the younger crew.

We are doing breakfast there for the first time this year. Like the pp, I am hoping that it's better than dinner! ;) Maybe we'll see each other at CR?

LC, there's nothing like that cheese soup and pretzel bread!

This was a favorite of my DH. It was one of his top requests to get back to! Order the fried chicken. YUM!

Nadda, but brook and family RAVED.

We are doing Ohana for the first time this trip.

I don't know much about LTT lunch menu, but the photos make it look amazing! Kona's dinner -- my absolute favorite of our last trip. Actually today I was trying to figure how to squeeze in an out of pocket meal there!

Don't know much about this one either.

I added my thoughts above. And to answer the previous question, I am a TGM girl. I make out a plan, but it's more like LL/Brook's plan where I pick 5 or 6 things I want to accomplish for the day and the order we should do them in. Like, if I know something is time specific or the line fills up quickly, I note that. I don't think I am all Nazi with the schedule. The hubby might disagree though. :rolleyes1

I have a question for all you seasoned veterans out there. Is Tour Guide Mike better or is Touring Plans better?

I've never used TGM, but have used Touring Plans/Unofficial Guide. For our NYE trip we kinda sorta followed the actual plan they give (which, I will admit, it bugs me that I can't enter attractions that I want...there are a lot of plans but it's based on what you select as your Touring Party); but generally we just use it as a guide for the best/worst days and look at the crowd level. It has always been very, very good! I plan to purchase the subscription again (allears.net newsletter gives a 30% discount code too!) for our next two tentative trips in 2011 since they will be during busier seasons.

I do feel this is the year it was meant to be. We have had a very rough year and we are in need of a vacation. We need something to look forward to. Yes it is true because we waited we are able to stay longer. I had thought of upgrading our resort but Jon and I both wanted to stay longer, and Alexia will really love POP.

I think Pop is a great starting resort. It's bright and colorful, kids love it, and the food court is awesome. It's by far my favorite value.

I'm lovin' the ADR line up! Looks good to me. :thumbsup2

I think your plans look great! My biggest piece of advice is to go with the flow. You don't know what kind of touring will work for your family, don't be afraid to switch things up. You are going for such a long time that you will have plenty of time to get everything in. :goodvibes

If you arrive in Orlando and use ME you most likely won't get to your resort and checked in until 3:30. I might unpack, if it's warm enough swim, and maybe head to DTD for dinner. If you have an extra day on your hopper you could do MK. :thumbsup2

I am thinking we will probably just hang out and explore the resort, maybe head to DTD. I think it will depend on how we feel.

Are you doing Epcot rope drop? If so, then yes, it will work.

Yes, we are going to do rope drop.

:wizard: Perfect! We loved CP.

:thumbsup2

My kids and DH loved Sci-Fi. DHS is truly lacking in food options.

Have you been to Mama Melrose's?

Have read really good things about the Brown Derby.

I have wanted to eat here ever since I first saw it way back when I spent my first day here. I love Old Hollywood.

Boma is amazing! :cloud9:

It always looks so good.

Haven't been to the TS Yak & Yeti but the CS is fabulous! :thumbsup2

I have heard good things about it.

I hope CM is better for breakfast than it was for dinner. ;)

I think it is hard to mess up breakfast items. :goodvibes

I cannot believe you got this for dinner. I would contemplate eBaying this ADR. :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This is on my must-try list for our trip. Can't wait to see how you liked it.

I will take notes for you.

Looks fun! :woohoo:

Beirgarten does look fun.

I love 'Ohana! It's our first night traditional dinner.

This was the only night I could get it. I tried to make it for our first night.

I like both menus but haven't been to either.

I think LTT lunch menu looks a lot better at lunch than dinner. I am excited for Kona. This is the only night I could make and adr that worked for us. I cannot eat at 8:45pm at night with a 5 year old.

Fun! We might do this for Chloe's bday.

I have heard good things about Tusker House.

:sad: Departure day sucks!

Yes it does.

I think your plans look great! I find as the trip progresses, the plans get thrown by the wayside.

I am sure that we will be making changes while we are there.

I added my thoughts above. And to answer the previous question, I am a TGM girl. I make out a plan, but it's more like LL/Brook's plan where I pick 5 or 6 things I want to accomplish for the day and the order we should do them in. Like, if I know something is time specific or the line fills up quickly, I note that. I don't think I am all Nazi with the schedule. The hubby might disagree though. :rolleyes1

I like TGM. I am thinking that when we go back to the park in the evening it would only be to see the nighttime things and maybe ride a few rides if we had FP's for them. My husband will function better if he thinks we have a plan. :rotfl:
I think I will look at a park map and maybe highlight a few things and go from there.

I've never used TGM, but have used Touring Plans/Unofficial Guide. For our NYE trip we kinda sorta followed the actual plan they give (which, I will admit, it bugs me that I can't enter attractions that I want...there are a lot of plans but it's based on what you select as your Touring Party); but generally we just use it as a guide for the best/worst days and look at the crowd level. It has always been very, very good! I plan to purchase the subscription again (allears.net newsletter gives a 30% discount code too!) for our next two tentative trips in 2011 since they will be during busier seasons.

I wonder if TGM and TP/UG have the same days as the best/worst days. I just bought the UG so I can get a sub for 50% off.

I think Pop is a great starting resort. It's bright and colorful, kids love it, and the food court is awesome. It's by far my favorite value.

I am sure Lexi will love it as Lady and the Tramp is one of her favorite movies.

I'm lovin' the ADR line up! Looks good to me. :thumbsup2

Thanks. Have you been to Mama Melrose's? I am thinking of changing my Sci-Fi adr to MM if it is good. I think MM looks like something Jon would like better than Sci-Fi.

I think your plans look great! My biggest piece of advice is to go with the flow. You don't know what kind of touring will work for your family, don't be afraid to switch things up. You are going for such a long time that you will have plenty of time to get everything in. :goodvibes

Thanks about the plans. I like to go with the flow and since Jon has said he just wants to show up and will do what I say then we shouldn't have any problem.:rotfl:

Thanks. Have you been to Mama Melrose's? I am thinking of changing my Sci-Fi adr to MM if it is good. I think MM looks like something Jon would like better than Sci-Fi.

I haven't, and I've heard mixed reviews. However, if you think you'll like it, I say go for it! That's the only way you'll know.

I happen to love Sci Fi, but for me it's the ambiance (although I LOVED my burger). Nemo loves sitting in a car to eat, and being able to watch the clips on the big screen as well. He was in his glory when the Tom and Jerry clip came on, so that's a great memory for us. :goodvibes

I loved my lunch at Mama Melrose's, it was really yummy!

I was going to ask you because I thought that you and Jen ate there. I forgot to when I quoted you before. I am trying to entertain a 4 year old (that doesn't want to play with me) who doesn't understand why she can't go outside with her friends.

I haven't, and I've heard mixed reviews. However, if you think you'll like it, I say go for it! That's the only way you'll know.

I happen to love Sci Fi, but for me it's the ambiance (although I LOVED my burger). Nemo loves sitting in a car to eat, and being able to watch the clips on the big screen as well. He was in his glory when the Tom and Jerry clip came on, so that's a great memory for us. :goodvibes

I do have an adr at both (MM is at 4:05pm). I think I will keep them both and then go to which ever one we feel like when we are there. If they play Tom and Jerry (one of Lexi's favorites) then I am sure that is where we will end up. I have heard good things about the burgers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter