New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Using Chrome as my browser worked perfectly. Safari was a no go. We are Annual pass holders with many DVC days booked. Was able to book anything I wanted this morning as far out as March 2021, when our resort reservations end.
I also used Chrome to book through March 2021. Maybe the system is back to "liking" Chrome.

I was more fortunate than most yesterday and able to get 11 reservations , but I still have 6 to go. Today I tried Firefox and Chrome and the back and forth date toggle, and it's a still no go for me. I'm trying to decide how much more time to put into this. I could do without the 1 day I wanted for July, but I'm wondering how problematic it will be if I don't finish my January and March reservations now. Any thoughts?

I hope the capacity limit isn't being overridden due to glitches or we will have to do this all over again...
I can just imagine the reaction when we all get the following message from Disney:

"Due to a glitch, the park reservation system inadvertently distributed too many park passes. As a result, ALL park passes are being cancelled and guests will need to re-reserve their days (subject to availability)."

DISCLAIMER.... the above statement is SATIRE (and hopefully stays that way). This has NOT happened (yet).

Still only letting me book 1 Park Day. If I cancel it, I can then get back in and book any Park day during my stays, then when I attempt the next day - NO PARK AVAILABLE. No amount of re-clicking, sing-in/out, phone app or Chrome or Firefox, etc is helping. I did get thru to the phone line Ringing Tone, but was timed out. I think this is an issue with the Reservation system properly recognizing one's MDE account details. Please Disney fix this before Friday!! Trying to save positive, but the vodka is running low....

Still only letting me book 1 Park Day. If I cancel it, I can then get back in and book any Park day during my stays, then when I attempt the next day - NO PARK AVAILABLE. No amount of re-clicking, sing-in/out, phone app or Chrome or Firefox, etc is helping. I did get thru to the phone line Ringing Tone, but was timed out. I think this is an issue with the Reservation system properly recognizing one's MDE account details. Please Disney fix this before Friday!! Trying to save positive, but the vodka is running low....

Did you buy a MNSSHP ticket at any point for 2020?

I was able to get in and reserve park dates for a January 3rd trip using AP's. Took about 10-15 mins on the Orbit screen, but then it went through and I had no problems. Made park reservations for 6 days for 2 people. Used Safari on a Mac.

Did you buy a MNSSHP ticket at any point for 2020?
No. We're DVC w/4 resort trips lined up (Oct/Dec/Jan/Mar). We have APs good thru 2/7/21 (and should be extended another month) and have 4 NE+ still in our MDE. Yesterday we was able to book 4 days which equaled our 4 NE+ tics. Cancelled them all at 3:30 am thinking it would help 'reset' our MDE for the reservation system. Only made it worse. Staying positive - just found Grandpas shine stash!

I know some are still having issue but I got woken up at 5 am by my dog and was able to get right in and book my January stay once I linked it.

So, it appears the system is open all night

Was it ever determined if DVC members who don't have APs will be able to call tomorrow to add tickets to their stay?

No. We're DVC w/4 resort trips lined up (Oct/Dec/Jan/Mar). We have APs good thru 2/7/21 (and should be extended another month) and have 4 NE+ still in our MDE. Yesterday we was able to book 4 days which equaled our 4 NE+ tics. Cancelled them all at 3:30 am thinking it would help 'reset' our MDE for the reservation system. Only made it worse. Staying positive - just found Grandpas shine stash!

The extra month won't be added until October which will affect your ability to book March. :/ Someone did say that the system was prioritizing tickets over APs, and that could be why you're stuck at 4 days. I don't know if there is a workaround for this yet. :(

But that still entails calling right? That seems like a major hurdle based on phone call experiences since yesterday.

Correct, they said that people need to call to turn their hotel stay into a "package" but never clarified if that includes allowing DVC members to purchase tickets as well.

I FINALLY got all 17 park days reserved, spread across 2 trips (Aug/sept and April)!!! I literally tried EVERYTHING, but what worked was signing into my husband's account and reserving them that way. So anyone who hasn't tried that - give it a go. Good luck!!

Was it ever determined if DVC members who don't have APs will be able to call tomorrow to add tickets to their stay?

Still not clear if the 24th or 28th...but I think people have to call the regular Disney line to order multi day tickets for 2021 as I don’t think Ms has access. But maybe this situation will allow them to sell.

The issue is the phone lines will be horrible as not only does it open for cash guests and 2021 bookings, but you still have people trying to get switched from closed to open resorts.

People are reporting being on hold 6 to 8 hours yesterday.

I FINALLY got all 17 park days reserved, spread across 2 trips (Aug/sept and April)!!! I literally tried EVERYTHING, but what worked was signing into my husband's account and reserving them that way. So anyone who hasn't tried that - give it a go. Good luck!!
Congrats!!! I guess maybe people should try using different accounts if they have a spouse also linked...

Still not clear if the 24th or 28th...but I think people have to call the regular Disney line to order multi day tickets for 2021 as I don’t think Ms has access. But maybe this situation will allow them to sell.

The issue is the phone lines will be horrible as not only does it open for cash guests and 2021 bookings, but you still have people trying to get switched from closed to open resorts.

People are reporting being on hold 6 to 8 hours yesterday.

I'm currently at 2 hours on hold, I don't know how many more times I can listen to "It's a Small World." :rotfl2:

Since there appears not to be a penalty for no-shows, reservations will not equal daily attendance
Since there is only one way in, and one way out of each of the 4 parks, Disney has the tools to know exactly how many folks are in each park at a given time
If I have reservations for MK, and AK is below capacity, we should be allowed to park hop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter