• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Still not clear if the 24th or 28th...but I think people have to call the regular Disney line to order multi day tickets for 2021 as I don’t think Ms has access. But maybe this situation will allow them to sell.

The issue is the phone lines will be horrible as not only does it open for cash guests and 2021 bookings, but you still have people trying to get switched from closed to open resorts.

People are reporting being on hold 6 to 8 hours yesterday.

I'm hoping, but not expecting, that the option to "purchase tickets" in the reservation system is actually live tomorrow instead of redirecting you to the home page. They can already see my reservation and when I tried to click through yesterday, for experimental purposes of course, it did detect that I did not have linked tickets.

Last edited:
Since there appears not to be a penalty for no-shows, reservations will not equal daily attendance
Since there is only one way in, and one way out of each of the 4 parks, Disney has the tools to know exactly how many folks are in each park at a given time
If I have reservations for MK, and AK is below capacity, we should be allowed to park hop

Exactly my thoughts. I can't see why someone couldn't use the park reservation system through the phone app when they're already in a park. If all other parks are at capacity, then there won't be any availability.

Reminds me of the time we were at HS on New Year's Eve and we left to go to MK, but once we got to the gates were told they were at capacity and we couldn't get in.

Disclaimer: Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but hopefully these informative, ablate sad, posts will eventually help not only me, but others who have or will incur these issues. Teying to stay optimistical positive.

Update on our No Park Available issue: Went and created a MDE account for DW to see if this would help. All the tickets, resort reservations and our 1 Park reservation transferred into her new MDE account. That was a blessing. Unfortunately we are now both getting the No Park Available screen text. Next thing to try is to Transfer our remaining DVC AP Voucher to the other, and then try to make Park Reservations for one. If it works, then I'll do the same for the other MDE. I'll think about that for later today. I'm a bit hesitant to mess with our AP Vouchers considering the effort it took to get the 2011 vouchers into our MDE.

Since there appears not to be a penalty for no-shows, reservations will not equal daily attendance
Since there is only one way in, and one way out of each of the 4 parks, Disney has the tools to know exactly how many folks are in each park at a given time
If I have reservations for MK, and AK is below capacity, we should be allowed to park hop

The system won't know if someone is coming later or has left a park with plans to come back.

Obviously a lot of issues yesterday, with a fluid situation, and all of us trying to guess the future farther than even Yoda can see. I know I'm wiser today than I was at 7AM yesterday, and will be wiser still after I see how this summer plays out both at Disney, and in Florida in general. Good luck and fingers crossed!

Last edited:
The system won't know if someone is coming later or has left a park with plans to come back.
I definitely agree with your point. It might work if the park did not begin the day at capacity. I’m thinking the easiest thing for Disney to do is limit to one park per day, though.

I definitely agree with your point. It might work if the park did not begin the day at capacity. I’m thinking the easiest thing for Disney to do is limit to one park per day, though.

I believe it was easier too to keep it this way to start so to ensure no overcrowding since they really have no idea yet how many people will even come.

I suspect that some level of park hop will be back in place by 2021 if not before holidays.

My thought is that a guest only scans out if they don’t want to come back later. If they do, then they are still counted.

I think the availability after over 24 hours, even despite the glitches; is telling us a ton about the overall state of things. If somebody had told me yesterday morning that I would be able to even book anything for Thanksgiving or next Easter 24 hours later, I would have probably laughed in their face.

My guess is that park-hopping is going to open sooner rather than later. Maybe even quicker than any of us think, especially for people that already have a reservation and are already in the parks.

I'm glad to see that some people are getting the system to work for them. I have not been so lucky. I can still only get a reservation for one day, then everything is unavailable. I have had no luck getting through on the phone. I am the person in our family who really thought this might work and we could still go to Disney this year. Not so sure now. Darn that virus!

Well, update...My husband was able to book his 27 days over three trips...im still locked out at 4 days, Third daughter’s AP is still locked out too.

one daughter was able to get her two days in October using her two one day tickets (which I will buy her new ones as they were park hopper tickets, I’m not wasting money for a one day Epcot ticket.) and the other daughter’s AP is working now.

I have a chat into My Disney experience which claims it will answer in 24 hours.

I'm glad to see that some people are getting the system to work for them. I have not been so lucky. I can still only get a reservation for one day, then everything is unavailable. I have had no luck getting through on the phone. I am the person in our family who really thought this might work and we could still go to Disney this year. Not so sure now. Darn that virus!

Between yesterday and today I've been on hold for a total of about 13 hours, I'm at 46 minutes on my current call. The most infuriating part is being hung up on after being on hold for 2.5 hours. So far I've been hung up on about 8 times. >:(

To get through on the phone dial, hang up and dial again right away until it connects usually takes 30-45 minutes to get connected.

I think the availability after over 24 hours, even despite the glitches; is telling us a ton about the overall state of things. If somebody had told me yesterday morning that I would be able to even book anything for Thanksgiving or next Easter 24 hours later, I would have probably laughed in their face.

Right??? This makes me think I might keep our October plans even if we're having to wear masks. It will be a bit cooler then, so that would make masks less cumbersome. And if there are still LOTS of people not attending, it could be like the days of old when parks weren't splitting at the seams with crowds.

Based on the list of attractions opening, we would still get to ride on everything we want... a few shows that might not be happening, but we could make do.

The one thing that will be iffy is if masks are still required by October, I'm not sure how I would feel about visiting Batuu at a time if that planet is still being affected by a pandemic. If the locals, Imperial officers in ROTR, etc. are wearing masks that would kind of kill the magic for me.

I was able to reserve park passes for our days... still had the tickets linked from our cancelled March trip (we were supposed to arrive on the the last day WDW was open), and already had the fall DVC reservation even before all this happened. I got lucky that the stars aligned. I feel really terrible for all of you who are going through this, especially those who already had to cancel earlier trips. This is like a double-whammy! :(

My guess is that park-hopping is going to open sooner rather than later. Maybe even quicker than any of us think, especially for people that already have a reservation and are already in the parks.
I am still struggling and cannot get anything to work to reserve our april park days... I cant through on any phone line and cant get anyone on chat either. I am beyond frustrated and dont know what to do.

It is better overall than I expected.
Easter doesn’t surprise me too much since a small minority of AP holders would have passes still valid for Easter.

It is better overall than I expected.
Easter doesn’t surprise me too much since a small minority of AP holders would have passes still valid for Easter.

Good point and I thought about that, but gauging it against Thanksgiving, I think it's still a pretty fair assessment. All Easter trips right now are on the 11 month window also. Something else that can't be ignored.

I’ll be trying to make reservations tomorrow.
My pass always showed up on MDE, but I never linked it before toady. I scanned the code, and clicked my wife for family & friends.
Question... I see no obvious way to verify passes are linked. How can I know??
Is the fact they show on MDE mean they are linked? If so than the ticket window must have done it when we purchased, as I never tried until about 10 minutes ago.

For those who are struggling with the "No Parks Available" issue, please access this Help:Contact Us:eMail function to send Disney a detailed yet respectful email documenting your issues, and request for a quick and effective resolution.

Both my DW and I have sent one describing our DVC/Resort Reservations/APs/etc status and the continuing booking issues we are experiencing. Ours issue is now we can book only 1 Park Pass before being blocked by the "No Parks Available" note.

Hopefully this will get someone's attention because IMO it seems like no one is listening to us.

I see no obvious way to verify passes are linked. How can I know??

I think this might be what you want...

MDE Mobile App:
1) Click on the menu icon (3 little bars)
2) Select "Tickets and Passes"

MDE on web:
1) Select "My Plans" from the drop down menu
2) Under the section "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" at the far left click on ""Tickets & Memory Maker" (it's just to the right of "Daily Itinerary" and it's easy to overlook.

Either way should show the tickets that you have and to whom they are assigned.

Hope that works for you.

I cant get through either, how much worse will it be when the system supposedly opens to more? it can't handle the first group

For those who are struggling with the "No Parks Available" issue, please access this Help:Contact Us:eMail function to send Disney a detailed yet respectful email documenting your issues, and request for a quick and effective resolution.

Both my DW and I have sent one describing our DVC/Resort Reservations/APs/etc status and the continuing booking issues we are experiencing. Ours issue is now we can book only 1 Park Pass before being blocked by the "No Parks Available" note.

Hopefully this will get someone's attention because IMO it seems like no one is listening to us.
Just tried this!!!! praying someone helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter