New Here from New York

BRENTWOOD here on Long Island :wave:

I just stayed a POP for the first time Oct/Nov and have to say for me when I stay on property I will NEVER stay anywhere else.

I am a Lady & the Tramp freak & I started everyday with a BIG smile on my face when I opened the door & was "greeted" by those large icons. Behind my building (the 50's) is the lake, a quiet reprieve early morning where a flock of ducks adopted me for the duration of my stay (ok the popcorn & bread won their hearts)

The castmembers were awesome, my room was kept spotless, my main mousekeeper kept the towel animals coming even though I am a solo traveler, he fed my inner kid, the front desk, & conceirge staff were extremely accomodating, one came around from the desk with a big fluffy towel, the minute I came in soaked from rain the one day we had a fast down-pour, I was treated like a queen in a 5 star hotel..I made many many friends with the castmembers and will keep in touch with them for the rest of my life!
I will tell you all about my great stay when I write a trip report after the holidays,
Ruthie You will LOVE POP

Luvchefmic said:
BRENTWOOD here on Long Island :wave:

I just stayed a POP for the first time Oct/Nov and have to say for me when I stay on property I will NEVER stay anywhere else.

I am a Lady & the Tramp freak & I started everyday with a BIG smile on my face when I opened the door & was "greeted" by those large icons. Behind my building (the 50's) is the lake, a quiet reprieve early morning where a flock of ducks adopted me for the duration of my stay (ok the popcorn & bread won their hearts)

The castmembers were awesome, my room was kept spotless, my main mousekeeper kept the towel animals coming even though I am a solo traveler, he fed my inner kid, the front desk, & conceirge staff were extremely accomodating, one came around from the desk with a big fluffy towel, the minute I came in soaked from rain the one day we had a fast down-pour, I was treated like a queen in a 5 star hotel..I made many many friends with the castmembers and will keep in touch with them for the rest of my life!
I will tell you all about my great stay when I write a trip report after the holidays,
Ruthie You will LOVE POP

You mentioned above you were there Oct/Nov. We were there from 10/25-11/1. I didn't know there was another Long Islander staying at Pop during that time. The closest we came was at 50's Prime Time on 10/30. The family behind us was from Lake Grove.

cybrkitn said:
You mentioned above you were there Oct/Nov. We were there from 10/25-11/1. I didn't know there was another Long Islander staying at Pop during that time. The closest we came was at 50's Prime Time on 10/30. The family behind us was from Lake Grove.

:rotfl2: Oh for goodness sakes, we probably smiled at each other 1,000s of times, I was there 10/27 thru 11/17....I'm going back down again in June/July but staying off-property as I travel with the handsome boy below :) give me a shout if you ever go to WDW again either June/July or Oct/Nov that's when I go

Luvchefmic said:
:rotfl2: Oh for goodness sakes, we probably smiled at each other 1,000s of times, I was there 10/27 thru 11/17....I'm going back down again in June/July but staying off-property as I travel with the handsome boy below :) give me a shout if you ever go to WDW again either June/July or Oct/Nov that's when I go

You're probably right, we may have seen each other in passing :)

I don't know when we'll be able to go again. DH and I are working on trying for baby #2 so we won't be planning another Disney trip until after #2. Although, I'm going to try and talk him into going to Disney on Ice 100 Years of Magic at Nassau Coliseum. I need another Disney fix!

cybrkitn said:
You're probably right, we may have seen each other in passing :)

I don't know when we'll be able to go again. DH and I are working on trying for baby #2 so we won't be planning another Disney trip until after #2. Although, I'm going to try and talk him into going to Disney on Ice 100 Years of Magic at Nassau Coliseum. I need another Disney fix!

Sending you a PM re Disney On Ice I have a coupon for you !! :thumbsup2

Luvchefmic said:
Sending you a PM re Disney On Ice I have a coupon for you !! :thumbsup2

Sorry, I read this after-the-fact. I also sent you a PM regarding your Frosting request.

I hve 4 kips that now range in age from 22 to 14. They still love going to Disney. last year my three girls (22,21 & 18) each took oneof their friends with us. It just does not get old. And by the way the 22 & 21 year old have been going there since they we 3 & 4 years old. It's amazing what they remember about those early trips.

Welcome!! Please let us know how your trip and stay at POP was. I will be staying at POP for the first time in May so I would love to read a trip report.

Wow- we sure do have a lot of New Yorkers here! Just have to add- only 11 days left!!!!!! Gosh I am sooooo excited!!!!:cool1:

WELCOME & WOW!!
I never realized how many Long Islanders were on here. We are from Yaphank!
We stayed at Pop in September 2004 during hurricane Francis. DD was 2-1/2 at the time and she LOVED it and so did we!

Welcome!!!

I'm a Floridian by way of NY- DH is from Buffalo, I'm from LI (I grew up in Medford) but as a couple we've gotten around-NY, NY; Queens, NY; Brooklyn, NY and Putnam County, NY. (I joke that we were in the Witness Protection program.)

I am confident you will find answers to your questions on these boards!

Hi I am from NY- LI. My DH is also from the Buffalo area (Lancaster) We are thinking of moving there. I would rather move to Fla. but we have to stay in NY for his job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter