New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
After about 15 hours on hold, around 8 disconnected calls and 42 hours of nonstop trying I was finally released from Park Pass Purgatory and was just able to reserve all of my needed days. pooh:

After about 15 hours on hold, around 8 disconnected calls and 42 hours of nonstop trying I was finally released from Park Pass Purgatory and was just able to reserve all of my needed days. pooh:

That’s CRAZY!!!!!!!! Sorry you had to go through that, but happy for you that got everything reserved!

That’s CRAZY!!!!!!!! Sorry you had to go through that, but happy for you that got everything reserved!

Thanks! I'm just happy I'm not on hold again this morning listening to "It's a Small World, on the endless hold loop" :music: I just added my last day to my May 2021 reservation this morning and was able to get that last Park Pass without a hitch. All done until August now.pooh:

Look at you being up so late.:rotfl2:

Thanks! I'm just happy I'm not on hold again this morning listening to "It's a Small World, on the endless hold loop" :music: I just added my last day to May 2021 reservation this morning and was able to get that last Park Pass without a hitch. All done until August now.pooh:

Look at you being up so late.:rotfl2:

Haha!!! I’ll admit, I’ve had trouble sleeping lately myself. Last night was close to 1:30, last Thursday, I was up past 2:30. Just can’t turn my mind off sometimes! Stinks ☹️

That’s great you’re done 👍🏻503739

Yeah whatever Andy says Phil is sure to follow...I wonder if the current "slight spike in NJ" is from the protests/riots...Phil was taking exception to a bar in North Jersey and one down the shore, what about the protests??? Of course no mention about that...

Yeah whatever Andy says Phil is sure to follow...I wonder if the current "slight spike in NJ" is from the protests/riots...Phil was taking exception to a bar in North Jersey and one down the shore, what about the protests??? Of course no mention about that...

Yep, I noticed that too!

Good morning NJ, looks like another beautiful day!

For all those with children the governor is suppose to be letting us know today what his plans are for the coming school year (2020-2021). I hope we will hear encouraging news today.

Hope you all have a happy, safe and healthy day! :tink:

Good morning NJ, looks like another beautiful day!

For all those with children the governor is suppose to be letting us know today what his plans are for the coming school year (2020-2021). I hope we will hear encouraging news today.

Hope you all have a happy, safe and healthy day! :tink:

Good morning.pooh: No school age kids but my wife will go nuts if she can't return to school in September.

Good morning.pooh: No school age kids but my wife will go nuts if she can't return to school in September.

I'm hoping for the best, we have 4 young grandchildren, 3 are school age (2 in K and 1 in 3rd grade). I'm hoping they all get to go back to school. Yesterday I was able to go to my hairdresser for the first time in over 3 months, I was thrilled! While I was there I overheard someone saying something about children working from home on the days they aren't at school, something like 2 days in school and 3 days at home? (my DGS in 3rd grade would LOVE that) Not sure how that's going to work for all the working parents in this state or even if its true. Will have to wait and see.

I'm hoping for the best, we have 4 young grandchildren, 3 are school age (2 in K and 1 in 3rd grade). I'm hoping they all get to go back to school. Yesterday I was able to go to my hairdresser for the first time in over 3 months, I was thrilled! While I was there I overheard someone saying something about children working from home on the days they aren't at school, something like 2 days in school and 3 days at home? (my DGS in 3rd grade would LOVE that) Not sure how that's going to work for all the working parents in this state or even if its true. Will have to wait and see.

I have a few teacher friends and they mentioned that possibility to me. I just don’t see how it will work.

I have a few teacher friends and they mentioned that possibility to me. I just don’t see how it will work.

Well I have heard they need to social distance so my guess would be half the kids go two days and the other half go two different days with everyone home on the fifth day? Not sure but that would be my guess.

I was thinking they would do split days, first group going from 8 to 12, second group going 1 to 4. No lunch or other extras until we are through this. I'm hoping that today will get some kind of answer as to how it will be going forward. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞

Well I have heard they need to social distance so my guess would be half the kids go two days and the other half go two different days with everyone home on the fifth day? Not sure but that would be my guess.

I was thinking they would do split days, first group going from 8 to 12, second group going 1 to 4. No lunch or other extras until we are through this. I'm hoping that today will get some kind of answer as to how it will be going forward. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞

That’s the part I don’t understand how it will work. Not all parents either work from home or have that ability to be at home if the kids aren’t in school during the day. I just wonder what they’d do with their kids?

Welp just cancelled my 7/30 check in. Unless the back and forth quarantines go away and the #'s in FL level off I didn't want to risk my points going into holding. Already started looking at rentals down the shore but looks like everyone else is too. Going to help out hope I can find something I can rent in the next few weeks. Kids are sad but they are onboard for doing something else

That’s the part I don’t understand how it will work. Not all parents either work from home or have that ability to be at home if the kids aren’t in school during the day. I just wonder what they’d do with their kids?

Good question but I don't think that is of much concern to Phil. I guess we aren't suppose to use school as daycare but we all do and why not? The kiddos are out of the house for most of the day so why wouldn't the parent want to go out of home to work. We may see an uptick in remote working, not possible for all jobs but for those who can seems like it may be the way to go. I can't imagine doing a job that requires your complete focus with kiddos running around...not an ideal working situation or ideal for the kids...

Good question but I don't think that is of much concern to Phil. I guess we aren't suppose to use school as daycare but we all do and why not? The kiddos are out of the house for most of the day so why wouldn't the parent want to go out of home to work. We may see an uptick in remote working, not possible for all jobs but for those who can seems like it may be the way to go. I can't imagine doing a job that requires your complete focus with kiddos running around...not an ideal working situation or ideal for the kids...

Just got this in my email...
https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...&utm_campaign=news_alerts&utm_term=news_alert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter