New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
^You were up early!

Well, we finally got some rain....and thunder and lightning! Gus :dog:was unhappy with all the noise.

Today I get to pick up a library book! It‘s curbside pickup at a designated time. Call when you arrive, give your name and last four digits of library card, they put the book out, you pick it up wearing a mask.

Or late depending how you look at it. :-)

I was happy to see the rain yesterday, my lawn is looking less brown already. Enjoy your book.pooh:

I don’t trust any organization when people are involved.

“During the reporting period from October 2018 through September 2019, OIG special agents conducted 1,264 internal mail theft investigations, resulting in 440 arrests,”

While I agree it should be 0, 440 arrest is relatively small from an agency that employs close to 500,000 employees not including contractors. How many of those arrest involve ballots?

While I agree it should be 0, 440 arrest is relatively small from an agency that employs close to 500,000 employees not including contractors. How many of those arrest involve ballots?

This is going to be my last post on this subject as I try not to discuss politics among friends.

All my post was meant to demonstrate is that the possibility for fraud through the mail exists, not that it has happened yet.

I hope today finds you well. pooh:

So what’s everyone’s countdown? I’m at 46 days if we can make it happen and not cancel a 4th trip.. pooh:

Not sure where you are getting your information, you can go out to vote. There will be polling places open. There also are at least 5 drop boxes per county (112 total in the state) where you can drop off your completed ballot. Or you can put your ballot right in your mailbox. Three ways to vote, something for everyone. Nobody has an excuse not to vote with the options available.

I do trust the USPS, as do most Americans, since they continually rank #1 most trusted among government agencies in various polls.

Pew Research Center
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-popular-government-agency-the-postal-serviceGallup
https://news.gallup.com/poll/257510/postal-service-americans-favorite-federal-agency.aspxPonemon Institute Survey.
https://postandparcel.info/23497/news/us-postal-service-again-named-most-trusted/
Here is the type of thing I am talking about.

https://www.postaltimes.com/postalnews/camera-catches-usps-worker-throw-away-gop-campaign-ads/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2...ud_in_new_jersey_mail-in_election_515452.html
I am concerned, like mrsap stated, but its not always the post office either. I am not disparaging all postal workers, my father in law was one his whole career, he was a good man. You just have to read news about ballot harvesting to have at least a small concern, if you are not voting in person.

Stay well! :flower1:

^You were up early!

Well, we finally got some rain....and thunder and lightning! Gus :dog:was unhappy with all the noise.

Today I get to pick up a library book! It‘s curbside pickup at a designated time. Call when you arrive, give your name and last four digits of library card, they put the book out, you pick it up wearing a mask.

Yes we had a rip roaring thunder storm yesterday afternoon. I was concern that we would lose power or our cable would go out but neither happened I am happy to report. :thumbsup2 We don't have any four footed friends living at house anymore, they have all gone to heaven...sad when they go which is why we don't have one now.

I too was very happy for the rain, my few vegetable plants look so good this morning after the rain. ::yes::

Getting a book from the library! Looks like we are making some progress, that makes me very happy. Hope you enjoy the book. Your post prompted me to look up the library in my area and it looks like effective 6/26 we were able to get books via curbside pick up at the main branch. Very exciting news, can't wait until I can actually go into the library and pick a book.

Today is election day as I'm sure we are all aware. I hope everyone was able to cast the vote with no issues.

I hope everyone is staying well and keeping safe.

This announcement cancelled our trip too:mad: We are losing all of the points bc we cannot get back down there before they expire. If we try to rent them.... do you think people are renting? If they get rented and their trip gets cancelled (by them or Disney),are we out the money or are the renters? Thanks

This announcement cancelled our trip too:mad: We are losing all of the points bc we cannot get back down there before they expire. If we try to rent them.... do you think people are renting? If they get rented and their trip gets cancelled (by them or Disney),are we out the money or are the renters? Thanks

I was able to rent a few that expire November 30 2020 seems like all the offered where from Florida locals- I’m just glad Disney is “getting” my points lol. So yes ppl are renting I used a company as I didn’t feel like doing the leg work of finding ppl etc.

I officially banked my June 2020 points. Hopefully for next fall this will have returned to some kind of normal. Does anyone have any information regarding the 50th Anniversary; start date, length of celebration etc

So sorry to hear this happened! Hope you are able to rent them and at least make up some of your loss! :hug:

We cancelled our September WDW trip, and we hope we feel safe to go to HHI then. We were going down via Auto Train, and cancelled that.

We have December and February trips. We’ll see what happens.

On another forum someone said when they called the florida covid number they were told to keep checking the site because the states are going to change. They said they got lots of phone calls. People should keep calling!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter