New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Interesting, my neighbor just returned from FL on Thursday and she was able to move around freely and use the pool at her resort. I do believe when she checked in she used her passport for ID so the person checking her in didn't know she was from NJ. Also she was able to rent a car with no problem, must have had to show drivers license for that. Of course now that she's home she's supposed to quarantine for 14 days because she was just in FL. She said if she had come home the day before she wouldn't have had to do that. This is all very crazy stuff!

Hello NJ! Hope you are all well and staying safe.

I just heard today that indoor dining is now postponed indefinitely due to the "knuckleheads" at some bars per our governor. I'm very disappointed by this new development and feel really bad for the independent restaurant owners. I hope they can continue to hang in there and not be forced out of business. I think this could have been handled better by the governor, maybe the open-air bars in Sea Bright and other locations should have been closed down and fined for not following the rules rather then punishing everyone for the "sins" of a few dumb 20 somethings who don't care about anybody but themselves...so unfair. I'm not saying I would have run right out and gone out to dinner but it would have been nice to have the option...oh well...:sad2:

Keep safe, stay happy, hopefully sooner rather than later this will all be behind us... 🤞

Hello NJ! Hope you are all well and staying safe.

I just heard today that indoor dining is now postponed indefinitely due to the "knuckleheads" at some bars per our governor. I'm very disappointed by this new development and feel really bad for the independent restaurant owners. I hope they can continue to hang in there and not be forced out of business. I think this could have been handled better by the governor, maybe the open-air bars in Sea Bright and other locations should have been closed down and fined for not following the rules rather then punishing everyone for the "sins" of a few dumb 20 somethings who don't care about anybody but themselves...so unfair. I'm not saying I would have run right out and gone out to dinner but it would have been nice to have the option...oh well...:sad2:

Keep safe, stay happy, hopefully sooner rather than later this will all be behind us... 🤞

I took my wife out to breakfast for the first time in 4 months to our favorite place this morning. It was in a tent in the parking lot, with the tables socially distanced. Felt good to have a least a modicum of normality in our lives.

Hello NJ, its a beautiful day but very warm! Feels like FL, LOL! :rotfl2:

DH and I went to our County Board of Elections this morning to drop off our mail in ballots. We had to have our temps checked to get into the building, I asked the man what they consider a temp, he said "100 degrees of something like that". I guess he didn't really know. You have to show ID and fill out a paper listing your township, name, address, (if someone else is dropping off the ballot for you they have to supply their name and address and show ID) and the form has to be signed. I don't think the people there are real happy with the mail in ballot set up, they would like things to go back to normal. Here's hoping that in November we can vote in person at the polls. 🤞

I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping well. :flower1:

I really, really want to go to Disney and have reservations at The Fort last two weeks of August. The way the infections rate is going, I don't think we will be going. I don't mind wearing a mask and the parks will be pretty much empty. But, it's still an awful lot of money to not be able to enjoy many experiences. I am already loosing money on Annual Passes and I don't want to go, just to go. I didn't get sick and even though I am an essential worker, I only went to work and did grocery shopping. I would't want to carry the virus home and infect others. I already lost one parent to the virus (assisted living). And all those at my job are ordered to quarantine if we travel to any of the states when we return and have to use our own time. I just don't know if it's worth the risk. I will be returning in December and staying at SSR for a few days.

Good morning!:sunny: I think it’s going to be a hot day here in Cape May. We’ll be staying home this weekend, and maybe we’ll try to see the flyover of antique planes that Cape May has scheduled.

I do intend to watch Hamilton today on Disney +. How about you?

Good morning!:sunny: I think it’s going to be a hot day here in Cape May. We’ll be staying home this weekend, and maybe we’ll try to see the flyover of antique planes that Cape May has scheduled.

I do intend to watch Hamilton today on Disney +. How about you?
Already watched Hamilton on Disney+. The best . . .

Good morning NJ, yes it's going to be another hot one, already 79 where I live. I guess it's another day for the "cool" tub, LOL. Keeping hot tub temp at 93, it's very comfortable and when you get out you actually feel chilly if there's a breeze. :thumbsup2

We plan to visit some long time friends that we haven't seen since the virus thing started. It should be a nice day.

Stay safe everyone. Happy almost 4th of July! pixiedust:

I really, really want to go to Disney and have reservations at The Fort last two weeks of August. The way the infections rate is going, I don't think we will be going. I don't mind wearing a mask and the parks will be pretty much empty. But, it's still an awful lot of money to not be able to enjoy many experiences. I am already loosing money on Annual Passes and I don't want to go, just to go. I didn't get sick and even though I am an essential worker, I only went to work and did grocery shopping. I would't want to carry the virus home and infect others. I already lost one parent to the virus (assisted living). And all those at my job are ordered to quarantine if we travel to any of the states when we return and have to use our own time. I just don't know if it's worth the risk. I will be returning in December and staying at SSR for a few days.
I k ow what you mean I wanted my son to experience Disney at all different ages especially now he’s 2 and has such a personality. But it won’t be what I imagined like character meet and greets etc. My other concern just like you is I have been so careful up here not going anywhere getting groceries delivered etc to just go down to Florida were the rates have skyrocketed. I lost 2 close people know of at least a dozen that lost their life. my husband had it asymptotic however he started to lose weight rapidly and was sent for chest X-ray and blood work. Turns out the virus caused him to get diabetes. I think Disney will just have to wait till 2021 and hope this virus is under control by then

Good morning! The weekend was very busy in Cape May, and people are still here if you judge by parking on our street!

We’re meeting a cousin for Mack’s pizza on the Boardwalk in Wildwood today, that’s our big outing.

How is everyone today?

Good morning bobbiwoz! I hope you enjoy your outing today, sounds like fun. ::yes:: My big outing for the day is going to the grocery store, fun times! :thumbsup2

We have decided to have out children and grandchildren over this coming weekend to celebrate all the birthdays we have missed and Easter that was supposed to be at our house this year. I'm hoping for a good day so the grandchildren can enjoy the kiddie pool and spend time outdoors. Hopefully it doesn't rain or thunderstorm like they are currently forecasting (but we all know how that can go, weathermen have the best jobs!, hope I'm not offending anyone!).

Well it's going to be another hot one today and we may be in for a thunderstorm, stay cool everyone. I hope all of you are well, stay safe and healthy! pixiedust:

Good morning bobbiwoz! I hope you enjoy your outing today, sounds like fun. ::yes:: My big outing for the day is going to the grocery store, fun times! :thumbsup2

We have decided to have out children and grandchildren over this coming weekend to celebrate all the birthdays we have missed and Easter that was supposed to be at our house this year. I'm hoping for a good day so the grandchildren can enjoy the kiddie pool and spend time outdoors. Hopefully it doesn't rain or thunderstorm like they are currently forecasting (but we all know how that can go, weathermen have the best jobs!, hope I'm not offending anyone!).

Well it's going to be another hot one today and we may be in for a thunderstorm, stay cool everyone. I hope all of you are well, stay safe and healthy! pixiedust:

Good morning! The weekend was very busy in Cape May, and people are still here if you judge by parking on our street!

We’re meeting a cousin for Mack’s pizza on the Boardwalk in Wildwood today, that’s our big outing.

How is everyone today?

Good morning guys! I am good! A little tired from a long weekend! Spent the weekend in Pennsylvania racing! We had a couple of late nights up partying with some friends we haven’t seen in a while! It was so great to get out!! Hope you all enjoy the day!

We've been voting by mail for about the last 6 years, super easy, no issues. Never going back. As a bonus, it helps the Post Office.
You are very trusting! I voted by mail for the primary. Didn't like the idea of having to trust my vote to pass thru so many hands. Polls better be open by November election. If you can protest outside, go food shopping and stores now, we certainly can go out to vote.

You are very trusting! I voted by mail for the primary. Didn't like the idea of having to trust my vote to pass thru so many hands. Polls better be open by November election. If you can protest outside, go food shopping and stores now, we certainly can go out to vote.

Amen!!!

Not sure where you are getting your information, you can go out to vote. There will be polling places open. There also are at least 5 drop boxes per county (112 total in the state) where you can drop off your completed ballot. Or you can put your ballot right in your mailbox. Three ways to vote, something for everyone. Nobody has an excuse not to vote with the options available.

I do trust the USPS, as do most Americans, since they continually rank #1 most trusted among government agencies in various polls.

Pew Research Center
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-popular-government-agency-the-postal-serviceGallup
https://news.gallup.com/poll/257510/postal-service-americans-favorite-federal-agency.aspxPonemon Institute Survey.
https://postandparcel.info/23497/news/us-postal-service-again-named-most-trusted/

Not sure where you are getting your information, you can go out to vote. There will be polling places open. There also are at least 5 drop boxes per county (112 total in the state) where you can drop off your completed ballot. Or you can put your ballot right in your mailbox. Three ways to vote, something for everyone. Nobody has an excuse not to vote with the options available.

I do trust the USPS, as do most Americans, since they continually rank #1 most trusted among government agencies in various polls.

Pew Research Center
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-popular-government-agency-the-postal-serviceGallup
https://news.gallup.com/poll/257510/postal-service-americans-favorite-federal-agency.aspxPonemon Institute Survey.
https://postandparcel.info/23497/news/us-postal-service-again-named-most-trusted/

It’s not the post office we don’t trust 😕

^You were up early!

Well, we finally got some rain....and thunder and lightning! Gus :dog:was unhappy with all the noise.

Today I get to pick up a library book! It‘s curbside pickup at a designated time. Call when you arrive, give your name and last four digits of library card, they put the book out, you pick it up wearing a mask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter