• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

$150pp to go on Halloween. Yeesh.

Prices would be anywhere from $492 - $782 for my family to attend depending on the date. I don't find the trick or treating thing particularly appealing to pay for (much rather do it at home for an hour and be done) nor do I really care a super lot about parades, so I'm clearly not the target here (again). But it seems to me at that price they should have more...stuff.

NEWS

The Star Wars Project Luminous info dropped last night ... and as many speculated it's based around a publishing initiative called Star Wars: The High Republic

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic
... set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.

I'm most looking forward to the 'High Republic: Light of the Jedi' novel by Charles Soule

Glad to see no overlap with any existing movies or shows. Personally I think I would be more interested in going back even further, to like when the Jedi order is established vs seeing them already powerful, but will give this a shot

They need to significantly up what they're offering - or reduce # of tickets sold for that price. IMO

Yeah, seems like in the past a huge draw if the parties was low crowds (and thus low waits for rides) - so if they raise prices but reduce # then I can see it but my guess is that they will still sell as many as they can / people are willing to buy

Starting to think we will never get to a holiday party - can't see spending as much as $750 for my family to go

Trying to find my info from last year to see if it's around a $5 per ticket or $10 per ticket increase over last year's prices. It's too bad, this is one of our favorite events but the price increases are pushing us out at every turn :(
The official MNSSHP thread has some great info on that: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...lloween-party-poor-unfortunate-souls.3787458/

This post specifically compares pricing and other data: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-poor-unfortunate-souls.3787458/post-61600465

Glad to see no overlap with any existing movies or shows. Personally I think I would be more interested in going back even further, to like when the Jedi order is established vs seeing them already powerful, but will give this a shot

I'm assuming we'll see Yoda show up at some point.

Could someone tell me exactly where the Mickey Shorts Theater will be? Saying that it is in the location that currently has Star Wars: Path of the Jedi is not at all helpful.

Thanks.

Save $10 by buying early! Lol

Is that new? I don’t remember that from before.

No - same day purchase has always been more than purchasing in advance.

We've gone to MNSSHP during Halloween week for the last few years and won't be going this year. My 5 yo actually requested to trick or treat at home this year :rotfl2:

No - same day purchase has always been more than purchasing in advance.

We've gone to MNSSHP during Halloween week for the last few years and won't be going this year. My 5 yo actually requested to trick or treat at home this year :rotfl2:
Yeah you’re right. Not often that people actually buy day of because parties often sell out anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter