News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited about the JC update. I’m really surprised this wasn’t announced over the summer along with Splash. The racism is clearly depicted and occurs throughout much of the ride, whereas on Splash all the characters are animals. It doesn’t sound like they are literally removing everything either, more of a update to eradicate the racism and add a new storyline- so part of the history of the ride will still be there.
Really?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/blac...theatrical-release-this-may-a181979#gs.r8jeup
BLACK WIDOW Runtime Revealed Ahead Of Its Planned Theatrical Release This May

Right now, Black Widow is set to be released on the big screen this May. Whether that will happen largely hinges on how quickly vaccines for COVID-19 are distributed, and just how normal the world is a few months from now. It appears Disney has no intentions of a streaming release for the time being, so braving your local theater might be the only option for the foreseeable future.

It's been a while since we've seen anything from the movie (hardly a surprise given the uncertainty around release dates), but a listing from Disney in the UK reveals the prequel's runtime.

At 2 hours and 13 minutes, Black Widow is the ninth longest Marvel Cinematic Universe release, behind each of the Avengers movies and the likes of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Black Panther. It does, however, tie with Thor: Ragnarok, so this is definitely a decent runtime.

Update from previous post: NBC's Peacock has just now taken over streaming for IndyCar this year (practices and qualifications). But unlike previously, they are requiring a monthly plan vs. a one-time payment. They are touting it with other streaming sports and access to their premium movies.

another note on Peacock - they have made a deal to have the WWE Network merge into Peacock ... so the WWE Network, which was a standalone streaming service will now only be accessible through Peacock. The WWE network had 1/7m paid subscribers (@ $9.99/month) and content will be available to all Peacock subscribers at either the $5.99/month plan with ads or the $9.99 no ads plan

Obviously not Disney specific (other than the ever present rumors that Disney might buy WWE) but another example of these streaming services consolidating

Word is this is a 5 year deal worth more than $1bn to WWE

another note on Peacock - they have made a deal to have the WWE Network merge into Peacock ... so the WWE Network, which was a standalone streaming service will now only be accessible through Peacock. The WWE network had 1/7m paid subscribers (@ $9.99/month) and content will be available to all Peacock subscribers at either the $5.99/month plan with ads or the $9.99 no ads plan

Obviously not Disney specific (other than the ever present rumors that Disney might buy WWE) but another example of these streaming services consolidating

Word is this is a 5 year deal worth more than $1bn to WWE

That is pretty big. While WWE isn't as big as it was in his heyday geting them on board wil definitely help peacock. Deal is 5 years and valued at $1B.

I think we are going to see more stuff like this. I'd say I hope disney is proactive on this front but they always seem to be so I doubt that will change.

Not that they need to, but I wonder if Disney has ever looked at this as another promotion (once all this has calmed down). Probably wouldn't cost them much and they would probably more than make up for the lost ticket sales in hotel rooms and souvenirs and food as WDW would become a LOT more affordable for larger families with small children. Considering children under 5 can't (or don't want) to go on a lot of rides -- it probably turns people away to pay $100/day for a kid that may not do much but enjoy the parades and shows. I know lots of people that don't go because "my child is too young to do anything there."

My daughter went to WDW four times before she was three (almost five times) because it was infinitely cheaper to do an Annual Pass year with one less ticket. I'll probably never spend that much time/money on WDW again (in a year's time) because the cost to go has gone up significantly now that she is 3. So BECAUSE she was free -- I spent more money on property. If would have had to pay $1200 for her AP that year? I may have stayed offsite, opted for less food/souvenirs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter