"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Does anyone have a link to a scan of the map/brochure they give you at the front gate as you walk in? I'm hoping to find a list of all the events, parades, etc.

So is the 2nd parade ANY less crowded? Still can't figure out how to get to see parade, fireworks, HP show and still get the benefit of ToT later in the evening. It's driving me (and as a result, DH) bonkers. Going Tuesday 10/6

Very much so. I was able to grab a front row spot 30 minutes before the parade started.

If your ToT bag is full will the CM give you another bag? I've heard from some they have filled their bag very quickly. Thanks!

Yes. Most every station has spare bags with them.

If your ToT bag is full will the CM give you another bag? I've heard from some they have filled their bag very quickly. Thanks!

That's what I've heard from many. It did not happen to me. My bag was full the the brim (not from candy but from my own stuffs, I came prepared for all possible scenerios) but did not receive a new bag. I did not ask for a new bag. Maybe that's why. Or maybe it was because the CM only gave me 2 small pieces of candy (and I mean small, half the size of a Tootsie roll)

I'm confused about the fast passes. We are not staying on site and the party will be our only Disney time. I have e-tickets I bought from wdw for the party. We are planning on arriving at 4 and getting a head start. Are fast passes available from 4-7 for us? Do you just go to the fp kiosk? Would we be better just making our way around and not worry about the fp? We would like to ride the 7 dwarves mine train at least once through the night...what would be the best plan to accomplish this with the shortest wait (in theory). Thanks!

I'm confused about the fast passes. We are not staying on site and the party will be our only Disney time. I have e-tickets I bought from wdw for the party. We are planning on arriving at 4 and getting a head start. Are fast passes available from 4-7 for us? Do you just go to the fp kiosk? Would we be better just making our way around and not worry about the fp? We would like to ride the 7 dwarves mine train at least once through the night...what would be the best plan to accomplish this with the shortest wait (in theory). Thanks!
Do you have magic bands to link your tickets to? We had to buy our tickets the morning of the party 9/27, but as soon as they were linked I was able to book 3 fast passes--all by 9 am. A bit later and not much was left...without hard cards or magic bands I don't think you'll be able to use fast pass. I imagine 7 dwarves will be booked already, so would try during fireworks or second parade time frame.

That's what I've heard from many. It did not happen to me. My bag was full the the brim (not from candy but from my own stuffs, I came prepared for all possible scenerios) but did not receive a new bag. I did not ask for a new bag. Maybe that's why. Or maybe it was because the CM only gave me 2 small pieces of candy (and I mean small, half the size of a Tootsie roll)
Thanks! I wonder if the CM was out of ToT bags. Another person replied and said they have extra bags at each stop. Or they were not in the Halloween spirit, LOL. I have heard from some handfuls were given at one stop.

A few photos to help give perspective, from Sun 9/27 sold out party. The gates for party tickets at 343 pm.image.jpg

image.jpg
do not recall near this many people at either party we attended last year, Sept 12th around 5 pm and Sept 14th around 4 pm.

Lines went pretty smooth except the occasional person trying to enter with a regular day ticket. No finger scan needed. After the Mickey readers were several lines to get a wrist band.

If you wanted a photo in front of the Mickey flowers it was roped off and had photo pass photographers, but we decided not to wade through the lines to get there.
image.jpg

By 353 pm walking up Main Street
image.jpg

356 we stopped for several poses of castle pics, had a camera snafu (mine) and then we're on our way. Not crowded.

image.jpg

Made it to Tea Cups by 403, for fast pass that expired by 410. Didn't really need a fast pass, but since we were wonderland characters it was our desired start for photos etc.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 22
FP ends at 630 on party nights.

We are also doing the same thing. We do not have Magic Bands. I set our FP+ up (one at approx. 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30). I assume what will happen is that we will exchange our paper tickets for RFID cards at the will call window before entering the park. I hope Disney can wave their magic Disney dust across them and make sure everything transfers correctly. I have my doubts, but I am going to try. There were no 7 dwarves mine train passes available when I booked. That is for the afternoon of 10-8

A few photos to help give perspective, from Sun 9/27 sold out party. The gates for party tickets at 343 pm.View attachment 126491

View attachment 126492
do not recall near this many people at either party we attended last year, Sept 12th around 5 pm and Sept 14th around 4 pm.

Lines went pretty smooth except the occasional person trying to enter with a regular day ticket. No finger scan needed. After the Mickey readers were several lines to get a wrist band.

If you wanted a photo in front of the Mickey flowers it was roped off and had photo pass photographers, but we decided not to wade through the lines to get there.
View attachment 126493

By 353 pm walking up Main Street
View attachment 126494

356 we stopped for several poses of castle pics, had a camera snafu (mine) and then we're on our way. Not crowded.

View attachment 126496

Made it to Tea Cups by 403, for fast pass that expired by 410. Didn't really need a fast pass, but since we were wonderland characters it was our desired start for photos etc.
View attachment 126497

Your family looks so awesome :)

We are attending our first party this Friday night! It is just two adults. I wanted to run my game plan by you guys and see what you think. We have AP so will be getting there around 2:30. I have 3 FP+ booked along with 4:15 Dinner at BOG.

My tentative plan is to shop from 7-8. See the Hocus Pocus show at 8 (mom's favorite Disney movie, so may also catch again at midnight on the way out). After this head to do rides and some trick or treating for a while.

Is celebrate the magic different from normal nights? This will determine where we try to view fireworks. We don't really want to view from main street. Would rather view from behind the castle for less crowds.

After the fireworks we plan to head to fronteirland to catch a spot for the late parade. Plan is to then trick or treat on the way out and maybe watch the show again.

Only must do ride for the party for us is HM. We also aren't big on characters. Thanks!

image.jpg
Your family looks so awesome :)
Thank you we had lots of fun! Though just realized I'm not in the photos lol, my sister was Alice, I was the Queen of Hearts. We met talking Mickey about 820, longest line we stood in all night, about 35 minutes.

We were supposed to be making spooky hands at Mickey's request, but not a lot of good listeners!

Is celebrate the magic different from normal nights? This will determine where we try to view fireworks. We don't really want to view from main street. Would rather view from behind the castle for less crowds.

I think it is a bit different during the fall season, so if you see it this time of year it is the same on a party night, but not totally the same as "normal" if that makes sense?

We came out of Haunted Mansion as the deluge hit Sun evening, so ponchoed up and headed to pirates. It was about a 20 minute wait, but out of the rain so a big plus! The ride looked great, not sure what was new but I do think those in the front of the boat got wet!
The rain had just stopped after we exited pirates, so we hit the tiki room Trick or treat.
image.jpg

There were two long winding lines, with lots of CMs and manager types hurrying people along.
Only took about 5 minutes, 3 pieces of candy (2 tootsie rolls).

image.jpg

We walked past several ToT stops after that but they were not set up yet because of the earlier rain so we abandoned ToT and went to see Mickey and then shopped after talking Mickey in an empty Emporium while the parade was going on.

Last edited:
- Are there other magic shots available that I'm missing?
*Cauldron (where is this at?)
*. HM carriage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter