"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by monique5, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

Get the wristband as non party guests won't be able to line up. You will need the wristband to show you have the party ticket.

2. abnihon

abnihon Mouseketeer

They start handing them out at 4?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

Yes, they will. If you are in the park you might be able to get them earlier but someone else will have to confirm that, im not entirely sure how early they start giving those out.

AngelDisney likes this.
  5. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

First timer to MNSSHP, when I arrive at Mk around 3:30 or so will there be a special line to get in for the party?

6. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 I sense something. A forum I haven't felt sinceā€¦

Yes, some of the entrance tapstiles will be dedicated for party guests.

7. abnihon

abnihon Mouseketeer

It just occurred to me I may have trouble getting into the Magic Kingdom at 2 in my costume. It's a Sally short costume dress but I was planning to put on blue face makeup and some red hair gel..
    Does anyone have experience entering before 4 in costume?
    Should I rethink this plan?

8. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

Thanks so much!

9. BigMommaMouse

BigMommaMouse DIS Veteran

I have entered as Sally with full makeup around 2:30/3:00 before.

abnihon likes this.
  10. WVU Disney Fan

WVU Disney Fan Mouseketeer

Can you still make fast passes from 4-7pm of you only have a mnsshp ticket?

11. alisonslp

alisonslp Mouseketeer

For those who stand in line for the sought after characters - do you stay the full 2-3 hours or do you switch off with other members of your party? That's a long time to wait especially in the heat. We are not character seekers. We like to look at them from afar when we can but don't really care about meeting them and getting pics. So I never thought about it before, until someone mentioned standing in line at 4 for Jack... got me thinking.

DisneyNewbieDad likes this.
  12. alisonslp

alisonslp Mouseketeer

yes, you can

Tmom5 and pjtoadie like this.
  13. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

It's just my boyfriend and I, no kids, so unless one of us needs to use the bathroom or grab a drink/snack, yes we both wait. I think it's commonly accepted that kids coming and going is ok, but I think it would be more frowned upon if adults randomly show up.

I've been in long character lines before and large groups of adults show up when the characters do and surprise, one other adult was holding their spot and most people in the line around them are not pleased. It never fails, these groups always end up being the ones where everyone has to have solo selfies and take lots of time.

14. FeralCatRogue

FeralCatRogue DIS Veteran

Spot holding is also at times controlled by the CM, I saw people being told back of line last Halloween where snow white was at the gate, BUT this was adults not children.

FoxC63 likes this.
  15. abnihon

abnihon Mouseketeer

I'm planning to have DS sit in his stroller and occupy him with some toys and snacks. He's really into characters and will want to meet Jack and Sally in our costumes so I'm preparing him now that it will be a long wait and we'll have to be patient. If I had another adult I may send them off to do some rides between 4-5 but it's just us.

16. Wonder05

Wonder05 Mouseketeer

I was thinking about this myself. I was wondering if us adults could hold places for the kids. We would Not being getting pics just the kids but having young children stand there so long is very difficult. I was wondering if we could switch off them getting in rides while we waited for them.

17. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

Most people and cast members won't have a problem with this. I would get your spot in line with everyone in your party and kind of establish your place for 10 minutes or so with everyone there. That way it kind of lets the people around you see how many are in your party and get familiar. If that makes sense.

Be prepared though that there may be some grumbling from people around you, which you can't really control. It also never hurts to speak with the cast members who are working the line.

vinotinto, alisonslp and Wonder05 like this.
  18. nittanyliongirl02

nittanyliongirl02 DIS Veteran

19. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the prices of the exclusive pins? My DD is trying to figure out how many of the villain ones she can buy :-)

20. eeyoreandtink

eeyoreandtink DIS Veteran

So, Jack and Sally are the must do character meet for us. Do they ever cone out before 7, or are we looking at 3 hours in line if we get in line as soon as we get our bands?

21. CMNJ

CMNJ DIS Veteran

Last year they came out early. We did not meet them but I think it was somewhere around 5ish. Until the parties start his year we won't know for sure but traditionally they have come out early.