"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically I'm going to hang around and give out unasked for advice and strategies and get excited about the characters!...
Aw, maybe you can sneak in a trip?

Were going on Dec 2nd and already have the add on Tony's thing. Was planning on 7dwarfs and Sandy Claws but really wanted Scrooge McDuck too. DH thought we could skip the dwarfs since we met them at MVMCP IN 2012 but I'm not convinced we should skip them. Don't the dwarfs meet about the same time as Scrooge McDuck? I wonder if we could fit in all three? We'll be in the park starting at 11am or so.

Those pics are amazing! I can’t wait!!!
So what would u recommend? Dessert party for the fireworks or Tony’s new package for priority spot for the 11:00 parade? Or just have fun at the party and no add one?
Thank u in advance

Many people love the add ons, but I'm not one of them.

We usually watch the fireworks from the grass in front of Casey's. It's a fenced in area and usually people stay seated in there and there's plenty of room.

One of my go to parade spots for the parade is in front of the train station on main Street. For some reason, it seems to fill up last. If you watch the parade from there, you can either run into Mickey's meet and greet right as the last float is passing and not have a wait or tag team if you have a group and take turns saving your spot and meeting Mickey.

Sounds good! I'm trying to decide about order of characters. I am currently thinking Sandy Claws (if stays in TST & starts @ 4:30pm like the last parties for MNSSP), then Moana, the Nick & Judy, then Pooh. Then BoG (not idea but only night to eat here , able to get 6:40pm), so wasted 4pm ADR if M&G stays like MNSSHP. Would like 7D & Scrooge McDuck too. Parade & fireworks, midnight Mickey's Merriest. We'll see.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sandy claws. At mnsshp, jack and Sally were moved to Town square theater for last few parties. If they put him in there again then there should be more than one room available. Hopefully they do.

I would line up for the Poohs around 6:20. That meet is just so annoying for me since they leave on long breaks.

Aw, maybe you can sneak in a trip?

Were going on Dec 2nd and already have the add on Tony's thing. Was planning on 7dwarfs and Sandy Claws but really wanted Scrooge McDuck too. DH thought we could skip the dwarfs since we met them at MVMCP IN 2012 but I'm not convinced we should skip them. Don't the dwarfs meet about the same time as Scrooge McDuck? I wonder if we could fit in all three? We'll be in the park starting at 11am or so.

We were able to meet the dwarves in about 15 minutes at mnsshp at 11 pm.

I think their line was much shorter because they met inside this year. The party maps don't even list what characters are where. So not only do you have to find the circus tent and read the small sign that says character, it's at the back of the park and not really that noticeable. We'll see if it's the same way for mvmcp.

And yes, the dwarves and scrooge meet back in storybook circus.

We usually watch the fireworks from the grass in front of Casey's. It's a fenced in area and usually people stay seated in there and there's plenty of room.

One of my go to parade spots for the parade is in front of the train station on main Street. For some reason, it seems to fill up last. If you watch the parade from there, you can either run into Mickey's meet and greet right as the last float is passing and not have a wait or tag team if you have a group and take turns saving your spot and meeting Mickey.

Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I want to do. Between the snow and castle in the background it seems like the perfect spot. I’d rather not add stuff on and not feel pressure that I’m missing out on a part of the party (which we have never been). I guess I’m just nervous about the crowds on Dec 9th.

I only want to meet the Dwarves and Scrooge McDuck. Figure to get in line at 5 for the Dwarves, then move to Scrooge line. Then I want to see the shows, fireworks, and parades - if I can grab a ride or two that would be fine but I want the Christmas stuff

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sandy claws. At mnsshp, jack and Sally were moved to Town square theater for last few parties. If they put him in there again then there should be more than one room available. Hopefully they do.

I would line up for the Poohs around 6:20. That meet is just so annoying for me since they leave on long breaks.
I only caught a little about the jack and sally change. Did they have two sets meeting each in a different room? I heard something about doubles but Not the specifics. Did that change the wait noticeably?

I only caught a little about the jack and sally change. Did they have two sets meeting each in a different room? I heard something about doubles but Not the specifics. Did that change the wait noticeably?

I believe it was confirmed that there were multiple rooms, and that did make the wait better.

I wish these came in a green option or some other color (if they do I haven’t seen it yet) so I wouldn’t have to worry about getting them mixed up in my bag or in the resort.

It is nice to see some color come back to the handles though, for this reason alone. Without their caps and all those generic white grips, none of us could tell who's was who's.

Yes, wish there were lid color options too. So family knows which mug is which.

Happy about handles having color again.

I have so many old mugs from previous trips that I plan on brining some of my different colored lids just to help keep them separate while we're there without having to mar the design. I considered sharpie on the bottom, but I think this will work!

I went to the 10/21 party and once you got past the main door from the queue, there were two dark entryways with shining halloween lights. I assume there were two staging areas to meet them.

I'm starting to plan what characters we for sure want to meet during the parties and I just have a few wait time questions.
-Is Moana at 60+ minute wait all night long?
-What about the princesses and the princes? Would they be 20-30?
-If time would allow it, maybe Nick and Judy. Do they command a long wait too?

I can basically confirm there were 2 rooms. They took you into a big room with 2 doors, and you went through one of them to meet J&S. Once 430 hit, the line moved pretty fast. Much faster than when they met outside.

I put up my Christmas tree today. If MK can set up for the holidays this early, then so can I! I’m so pumped for my MVMCP!

We had a lot of fun with Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen in 2016. We’ll probably see them, and Moana. I’d like a nice picture with Mickey, too. Can’t wait for more info to come out

I have so many old mugs from previous trips that I plan on brining some of my different colored lids just to help keep them separate while we're there without having to mar the design. I considered sharpie on the bottom, but I think this will work!

Excellent idea! We have tons!

Shh, you are giving away the secrets;)

I can basically confirm there were 2 rooms. They took you into a big room with 2 doors, and you went through one of them to meet J&S. Once 430 hit, the line moved pretty fast. Much faster than when they met outside.

I put up my Christmas tree today. If MK can set up for the holidays this early, then so can I! I’m so pumped for my MVMCP!

We had a lot of fun with Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen in 2016. We’ll probably see them, and Moana. I’d like a nice picture with Mickey, too. Can’t wait for more info to come out

Do you recall if Tianna/Nadeem had a long wait?

Do you recall if Tianna/Nadeem had a long wait?
I don’t recall it being too long, not even a half hour and that was around 830-9. It’s in Princess Fairytale Hall, and you’ll be able to meet Rapunzel/Flynn at the same time. It was fun!
96E19A73-041A-4E69-B317-CF96983442FA.jpeg
There’s my brother in his PJ’s. Sad it’ll be just the 2 of us this year, but we’re still pumped!

I don’t recall it being too long, not even a half hour and that was around 830-9. It’s in Princess Fairytale Hall, and you’ll be able to meet Rapunzel/Flynn at the same time. It was fun!
View attachment 362756
There’s my brother in his PJ’s. Sad it’ll be just the 2 of us this year, but we’re still pumped!

Thank you for the info!!
The PJ’s are awesome!!! I wish I knew about wearing PJ’s to MVMCP earlier! I would’ve totally done those over shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter