*** Official August 2021 thread ***

I guess I'm joining in here now!

We just moved our family trip from April to August 8-15th, and we'll be staying at the BCV :cool1:

This will be our first time in August and I foresee a lot of mid-day breaks by the pool in our future! It'll also be my niece's first trip ever and she turns 6 the day before we leave so we'll also be celebrating her birthday there!

So happy to be here planning with you all!

Welcome! We have never been in August, either, and my Daughter will turn 9 while we are there! She's so excited to celebrate at the MK!

We just moved our family trip from April to August 8-15th, and we'll be staying at the BCV :cool1:

This will be our first time in August and I foresee a lot of mid-day breaks by the pool in our future! It'll also be my niece's first trip ever and she turns 6 the day before we leave so we'll also be celebrating her birthday there!

Kelly!!!! We are there at the same time! Jack and I are there August 7th-15th now as I wanted to allow time for quarantine if necessary. We are at Boardwalk Villas the first three nights, then Boulder Ridge for the next 4. Drinks at Geyer Point or AbracadBar??

I was able to switch out my resort reservations yesterday at my 7 month mark and we are now at the Boardwalk in a garden/pool view studio for the first three nights, then moving to Boulder Ridge Villas for the last 4. 211 days to go! :)

Always my favorite time of the year for the August threads, because this is when they really start moving quickly!

We switched our resort from Caribbean Beach to Wilderness Lodge. Our dates are still the same. It's a little bit of a splurge right now, especially at the rack rate, but I'm hoping for some type of room discount.

Roll Call has been updated. Fingers crossed you get that discount you are hoping for!

Hello fellow August travelers!!

I made a few changes to our August trip and moved the dates up a bit. We are now traveling August 7-15 at BRV. I decided to move it up as I wanted to allow time to quarantine at home if it is still necessary (we're Canadian). I am hoping we will be vaccinated before travel and our federal travel advisory will be downgraded. It looks as though AKL won't be on our list for a split stay as I really don't want to be there until all the restaurants have reopened. So we will see what is available to choose from in other DVC resorts at the 7 month mark.

Happy New Year and happy trip planning all!

Roll Call has been updated. Many of us are hoping for that vaccine soon! Happy New Year.

Cannot wait! We will be there August 18th through August 27th. Staying at Beach Club and thinking of upgrading to Club Level. Any feedback from those who have stayed on Club Level at BC? TIA!

Your trip will be here before you know it!

You have been added to the Roll Call, happy planning!

Welcome aboard :) You have been added to the Roll Call. No better way to celebrate a birthday!

Just booked for Aug. 3-10 at CBR. First time staying there. Very excited for the skyliner and (hopefully) Sebastian's Bistro!

You have been added to the Roll Call.

I was able to switch out my resort reservations yesterday at my 7 month mark and we are now at the Boardwalk in a garden/pool view studio for the first three nights, then moving to Boulder Ridge Villas for the last 4. 211 days to go! :)

Roll Call has been updated!

Here’s to a room discount being released for August, but in the meantime, did anyone take advantage of the free, 2-day ticket deal? It saved us about $280.

My dreams agent put the discount on and we saved about $600! I usually have gone 3rd party bc I can never seem to pick a date that has discounts. Haha! Glad to have it this time around for sure!

Attention Tomh: My dates have changed, can you update the roll call? We switched to August 22-28, still at the Poly. My coworker and I discovered we had the same week of vacation booked and mine was easier to move. Saved about $800 by switching too!

How are we feeling about a return to a sense of normalcy by August?

Attention Tomh: My dates have changed, can you update the roll call? We switched to August 22-28, still at the Poly. My coworker and I discovered we had the same week of vacation booked and mine was easier to move. Saved about $800 by switching too!

How are we feeling about a return to a sense of normalcy by August?

Attention mantysk8coach: (sorry, couldn't resist lol) Roll Call has been updated with your new dates

Awesome that you saved $800 by moving your vacation!

A sense of Normalcy by August, well, that is a tough question to answer. I, for certain, feel that we are headed in that direction. We have had a year of people getting Covid-19 and recovering from it (yes, I know sadly some have died, but lots of people have had it and recovered) which should give them some form of immunity from it. Now, we have the beginnings of vaccine distribution, which I am sure will ramp up over the course of the coming months.

Will that be enough by August for us to really see something that resembles normal. I suppose that depends on what you consider to be normalcy. I don't think we will be past mask mandates by August. I don't think we will be at 100% capacity for the parks by then either, but at the same rate, the parks never really hit 100% capacity in August anyway. I still think we will have somewhat lower crowds than we had pre-Covid, but I think the parks will be busier than they have been since they reopened.

I hope that some shows will be starting to return to the parks in some manner, but I don't expect that you will see huge crowds shoved together into tight seating for Fantasmic, or the hub packing for Happily Ever After, and to be honest, I wonder if those things might not return the way they were before for quite a number of years. I am optimistic that perhaps EPCOT will return to having it's show, as there is more room for crowds to spread out for that show.

All just guesses on my part though, only time will tell for certain. However, from what I have been hearing, park capacity has been inching up, so baby steps in the right direction.

We will be at CBR 8/1-8/7 for my twins 10th birthday!

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning :)

My daughter and I are planning our yearly August trip, we missed August 2020.
Our tentative dates are 8/21-8/31/21 at MK resort for 5 nights (CR) and an Epcot resort for 5 nights (BC)
We love the hot, humid, and raining afternoons of August in Florida!!

Our tentative dates are 8/21-8/31/21 at MK resort for 5 nights (CR) and an Epcot resort for 5 nights (BC)
Your tentative dates have been added to the Roll Call. Just give a holler if you need to update them later on.

Happy Planning!!!

Welcome to the August 2021 thread. Come on in, and join the fun planning for an August 2021 Disney World vacation!
I'm posting this thread a bit earlier this year since so many are cancelling their August 2020 trips, and hoping to reschedule to 2021. I hope to make this thread even better than the August 2020 thread. If you think of anything that should be added here, don't hesitate to let me know.
Heyyyy, i am going to Orlando solo in August 18th for two weeks. Staying on I-Drive. Anyone else going solo?

@mantysk8coach you were just asking me about some sense of normalcy returning this summer . . .

I posted in the August Facebook group earlier this evening, looks as though Festival of the Lion King is going to be returning sometime this summer!
What is the link to the facebook page?

August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse VWL
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 15 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 23 - Aug 29 cindianne320 Offsite
Aug 24 - Sep 2 myhoney 24 - 30 AoA 30 - Sept 2 Universal
Aug 24 - Sep 3 hsmamainva ASM
Aug 29 - Sep 3 lizzyb AoA
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF

Glad you are in the August group, Caroline, even if our dates don't line up anymore. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter