• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added this to the first page...

**Important Note** - If you are unable to get Fastpasses on your 60-day booking day keep checking! Disney has been releasing more at various times leading up to each day even some day of Fastpasses. There is no rhyme or reason usually they just pop up.

Thank you, I will keep checking. Today is our 60 day booking day for a short trip and none were available till our departure day and we have an early flight. Total bummer. Otherwise we'll enjoy Na'vi and try for next time.

Thank you, I will keep checking. Today is our 60 day booking day for a short trip and none were available till our departure day and we have an early flight. Total bummer. Otherwise we'll enjoy Na'vi and try for next time.

You don't necessarily need a FP to ride. I had two fast passes for my trip that I just returned from. Both fast passes took half an hour +.

I also entered the line a few minutes before close one night and I was in line for almost exactly an hour. The park closed at 8 anyway so that was just like an extra bonus hour.

You don't necessarily need a FP to ride. I had two fast passes for my trip that I just returned from. Both fast passes took half an hour +.

I also entered the line a few minutes before close one night and I was in line for almost exactly an hour. The park closed at 8 anyway so that was just like an extra bonus hour.
That's a cool way to think about it!

If you get in line right before 8 p.m. and wait an hour...how long are the buses running to accommodate this?

If you get in line right before 8 p.m. and wait an hour...how long are the buses running to accommodate this?

When we got out of line, the park had officially been closed for an hour + yet there were still plenty of people milling around in front of the tree and in the shops.

They will not strand you. We had a late ADR at Epcot at park close one trip and they had to call a special van for us. There were still CMs working the bus stop area who called it for us.

When we got out of line, the park had officially been closed for an hour + yet there were still plenty of people milling around in front of the tree and in the shops.

They will not strand you. We had a late ADR at Epcot at park close one trip and they had to call a special van for us. There were still CMs working the bus stop area who called it for us.
Thank you...I get a bit worried about that when we have a late dinner reservation at a resort, like Poly reservation is at 9:30 and parks close at 8, thinking we may have to go to Disney Springs and then to our resort. Just like to know my options.

That’s pretty cool that they called a van for you!

Today was pretty busy. The line for FOP at 12:30 nearly stretched to FOTLK. Navi River was at 130 minutes. Crazy that folks wait in those lines.

I had a fast pass for Navi River and got on in 10 minutes. I really enjoyed the ride though I didn’t wait 130 minutes.

We were planning on going to Rivers of Light at 7:15p and the park hours are 9a-8p, is it possible we can make the line for FoP right before closing?

What's the best non-FP strategy right now at FOP? Rope drop? midafternoon? right before the park closes?

We went with the RD strategy yesterday. AK was our first park day - no FPs were available when our FP booking window opened, and I did not want to shuffle park days just to get FOP FPs. AK opened at 9am yesterday, and we parked our car at AK around 7:30am...probably 8am by the time we got through bag check, stopped at the restroom and were standing in line to enter the park. I did not note exact times, but it seems like they started scanning tickets/magic bands around 8:15am, and then dropped the rope to Pandora near Tiffins around 8:45am. We were not right near the rope, but not too far back either. Still it was around 9:40am when we exited the ride. The number of people at the park early and headed to a single attraction was unlike anything I remember from past trips over the years. We walked with purpose, but there are always the runners and people who feel they are entitled to shove their way past others. The line when we were leaving Pandora at 9:45 was incredible - quickly jumped to 240 minutes based on MDE. I think it dropped to 180 around lunch time and held steady. I'm glad we got up early and rode at RD instead of trying to ride later in the day.

We went with the RD strategy yesterday. AK was our first park day - no FPs were available when our FP booking window opened, and I did not want to shuffle park days just to get FOP FPs. AK opened at 9am yesterday, and we parked our car at AK around 7:30am...probably 8am by the time we got through bag check, stopped at the restroom and were standing in line to enter the park. I did not note exact times, but it seems like they started scanning tickets/magic bands around 8:15am, and then dropped the rope to Pandora near Tiffins around 8:45am. We were not right near the rope, but not too far back either. Still it was around 9:40am when we exited the ride. The number of people at the park early and headed to a single attraction was unlike anything I remember from past trips over the years. We walked with purpose, but there are always the runners and people who feel they are entitled to shove their way past others. The line when we were leaving Pandora at 9:45 was incredible - quickly jumped to 240 minutes based on MDE. I think it dropped to 180 around lunch time and held steady. I'm glad we got up early and rode at RD instead of trying to ride later in the day.
Wow, so things are still going strong even at Rope drop....were you there for EMH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter