**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

The DPB is sure taking it's time with this one (like everything with SW). I was just thinking how silly it sounds that a giant corporation like Disney relies on blog posts for most of it's major announcements, even for it's own employees knowledge.

The DPB is sure taking it's time with this one (like everything with SW). I was just thinking how silly it sounds that a giant corporation like Disney relies on blog posts for most of it's major announcements, even for it's own employees knowledge.
you have no idea how many times CM, over the phone and in person, have told me "you guys (us guests) know more than we do" it's sad that costumer service has gone downhill in such a way.
Here we are, November 18th. By the looks of closing times for both GMR and TSMM on Dec. 18th it seems to me that there will be fireworks most likely associated with SW. Not sure if they will ever post it or if it will be a special "surprise" that same day...I know that if I had bought tickets for the special event the night prior I would be pretty angry that everything would be offered the next day.
Still no updated hours for December for all the parks, how can people plan this way?
smh

Agree wrt its own employees, but for the general public I think it's smart. Links to those posts also go out on Twitter and FB -- fastest way to get word out these days. They even preempt unofficial boards like this some these days, and they should!

I think they're getting better at controlling their own message. I just think they wait TOO LONG to share it!!

ETA: And honestly -- we marvel at how their employees don't have more heads up - but if they did, with social media you know there would be more leaks. That's not a great media strategy either. They have to control the message somehow.

you have no idea how many times CM, over the phone and in person, have told me "you guys (us guests) know more than we do"

The force can have a powerful influence over the weak minded. :)

Re: poor planning on disney's part - I get a whiff of executive management issues here. Something like this doesn't fit any MBA mold so the degreed monkeys, who only know how to squeeze Y performance to realize X gain, can't figure out what to do. It's an entertainment job first and foremost, not a park administration one, but that's how whomever is running the parks at the moment is treating it. Disneyland doesn't seem to have these issues as much because their events are probably still being planned with managers who grew from within the company and know the traditions. Then the whole "Star Wars" thing is probably being micromanaged by somebody in the Lucasfilm division with veto power. Ultimately, of course, we're not being seen as customers to be entertained so much as dollar potentials for ticket and event sales but they're not even getting THAT part right because they're losing interest before they've even sold the first ticket! It's shoddy, exposes the inner workings of the system (which should never happen), destroys the magic of the event (which absolutely should never happen) and, worse, is unprofessional. Walt would've reamed these guys a new one for not only screwing over the customer this way but for the sheer amount of money they're leaving on the table because of their lack of foresight and innovation.

Do you know when Mickey in plaid will make an appearance?
The range would be between 8:30 - 10:00ish... fortunately 5:30 - 7:00p for me. :) Not sure if it's planned as part of a segment or a pop-up promo.

SW gets a big chunk and so does MSEP!
image.png

The force can have a powerful influence over the weak minded. :)

Re: poor planning on disney's part - I get a whiff of executive management issues here. Something like this doesn't fit any MBA mold so the degreed monkeys, who only know how to squeeze Y performance to realize X gain, can't figure out what to do. It's an entertainment job first and foremost, not a park administration one, but that's how whomever is running the parks at the moment is treating it. Disneyland doesn't seem to have these issues as much because their events are probably still being planned with managers who grew from within the company and know the traditions. Then the whole "Star Wars" thing is probably being micromanaged by somebody in the Lucasfilm division with veto power. Ultimately, of course, we're not being seen as customers to be entertained so much as dollar potentials for ticket and event sales but they're not even getting THAT part right because they're losing interest before they've even sold the first ticket! It's shoddy, exposes the inner workings of the system (which should never happen), destroys the magic of the event (which absolutely should never happen) and, worse, is unprofessional. Walt would've reamed these guys a new one for not only screwing over the customer this way but for the sheer amount of money they're leaving on the table because of their lack of foresight and innovation.
this has a BIG part to do with it. We think it's Disney's fault but there are faults on both sides

Ultimately, of course, we're not being seen as customers to be entertained so much as dollar potentials for ticket and event sales
I've been pretty vocal about how badly I think they handled the SWW announcements, but I think this is a little too strong -- certainly if it's intended as a general statement about all things WDW these days (I don't know that it is, though).

I think that there are some things they need to work out wrt timing of announcements, for instance. But I'd suspect that you're right wrt Lucasfilm having a hand in that as well.

And I still think they see their job as entertaining customers. That doesn't mean they always get that right -- that they don't disappoint wrt management of some of these things.

Hopping on this thread for updates. We have a trip scheduled for 1/20-1/25. I would LOVE to book the dessert party for our family.

Right now I have DHS scheduled for our first day, which is a Wednesday. By the time we get to the park after checking in at the CR, it will be about noon. So basically a half day at DHS.

We have EPCOT scheduled for that following Saturday. Knowing the Soarin' will be closed (and that I would really like to book the dessert party), would you swap those days? Both because EPCOT seems a little light on attractions for kids with both Soarin' and Malesteom closed, and because it may be more likely that the Star Wars dessert party will occur on a Saturday versus a Wednesday?

Our 60 day mark is this Saturday, so I need to have our park days squared away now so that I can book our FP+. Ugh. I wish the schedule was set now! It's stressful to have to plan so far in advance when things keep changing. :(

ETA - both parks are recommended both days, so the swap would not affect the crowd calendar predictions.

Yes, Master yulilin :yoda:, I'll get right on that! DH and I marathon-watched all 6 episodes after our SWW day but I obviously missed the planets and moons.

What a great memento for all the Season of the Force DL CMs: "diamond"-encrusted name tags with a SW location - so cool!

DD says Yavin 4 (which is where the CM is from) is a MOON not a planet - it orbits the planet Yavin - which also orbits a star of the same name - how confusing is that?!
You guuuyyys! Yavin 4 is only the moon from which they launched the attack on the first Death Star! No biggie. :P Also, it is the reason for BBY in any SW time line. Just like we have BC, they have BBY.

DS is 10yo and was Darth Maul for Halloween. Hmmm, we might need to have a sit down about this......it is sounding more and more like something we might need to try to do.

By getting there early, how crazy will it be to sign him up? Like get to the gate an hour early and sprint to the sign in area as soon as the park opens? Like (former) Wally World Black Friday crazy?

Are the Jedi Trainings something that happens all day throughout the day?
There's no telling what the crowds will be like for a newly opened, reimagined JTA. We got there an hour early and were third in line at our turn style. We got a 10:10 show, the earliest available. Regardless of the CMs, people will run. They do a pretty good job controlling it overall though. Just be prepared and have patience.

Hopping on this thread for updates. We have a trip scheduled for 1/20-1/25. I would LOVE to book the dessert party for our family.

Right now I have DHS scheduled for our first day, which is a Wednesday. By the time we get to the park after checking in at the CR, it will be about noon. So basically a half day at DHS.

We have EPCOT scheduled for that following Saturday. Knowing the Soarin' will be closed (and that I would really like to book the dessert party), would you swap those days? Both because EPCOT seems a little light on attractions for kids with both Soarin' and Malesteom closed, and because it may be more likely that the Star Wars dessert party will occur on a Saturday versus a Wednesday?

Our 60 day mark is this Saturday, so I need to have our park days squared away now so that I can book our FP+. Ugh. I wish the schedule was set now! It's stressful to have to plan so far in advance when things keep changing. :(

ETA - both parks are recommended both days, so the swap would not affect the crowd calendar predictions.
rumor is that fireworks will be offered nightly but that's just a rumor and also we don't know if they would offer the dessert party every night if the fireworks are nightly. Maybe they will just offer dessert party on the weekends...I would plan on swapping the days if it's not a huge inconvenience to your plans

I agree with yulilin. Planning a Saturday in DHS now will assure you of fireworks and you won't have to go back in to reschedule FPs later when more info is announced.

I haven't told my daughter about the end of SWW. There will be tears and more tears, and questions and crying. And then some more crying.

However, she just started reading Harry Potter, so maybe Harry Potter Weekend might be good compensation. :)

I have just told my son the news who is 10 and is going in June for his first trip but I did play up the new Launch Bay, Jedi Training, Fireworks and everything else that is going to happen on a daily basis and told him that instead of just the weekend that we will be able to be immersed in Star Wars everyday we are there he seemed to get very excited. He took the news very well and I am just making sure I keep him informed to all the news I come across so he feels like he is not missing anything but gaining more events.

I have just told my son the news who is 10 and is going in June for his first trip but I did play up the new Launch Bay, Jedi Training, Fireworks and everything else that is going to happen on a daily basis and told him that instead of just the weekend that we will be able to be immersed in Star Wars everyday we are there he seemed to get very excited. He took the news very well and I am just making sure I keep him informed to all the news I come across so he feels like he is not missing anything but gaining more events.
keep in mind that the fireworks might end at the end of March

You should get a job with Disney...

Please keep in mind that time frames haven't been offiically announced by Disney. I don't know if anything can be 100% confirmed out as far as June.

You should get a job with Disney...

Lemonade out of lemons. We've been dealt a hand we didn't exactly want. Might as well make the best of it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter