'Ohana Breakfast ?

Hi!

I have been reading the DIS for several years, but this is the first time I can offer some helpful information (I hope)!

We were just at Ohana for Breakfast last week. This is probably our 4th time having breakfast here, and there were several changes.

It is true that Stitch does not come to your table. After we checked in, we were instructed to stand in the line to meet Stitch prior to getting called to our table. The wait was minimal and we were done before our table was ready, but I much prefer seeing him at our table.

It wasn't terrible, but I prefer not standing in line to see a character when I can see him while we are casually having a relaxing breakfast. The other characters still come to the table.

The food has changed as well and not for the better. The fruit was more melon and grapes as opposed to pineapple and berries from our other visits, and we had to send the fruit back because the melon was slimy and grapes looked terrible. Our second plate was just as bad but we just let it go.

The sausage was changed to a cheaper, small type of sausage that was not very good and the bacon was replaced with ham slices covered in pineapple.

If the food had been good, we would honestly have been ok with the character meeting change. However, all the changes made for a disappointing experience.

I did email guest relations to share my concerns as this has always been a favorite.

Hope this is helpful!
Boy, that changed quickly. On July 3rd he came to tables.

Yes, and the food change is in the past week or 2 as well. It was still the normal sausage and bacon when we went the first week in July as well. Glad PP communicated that the changes were not for the better!

Hi!

I have been reading the DIS for several years, but this is the first time I can offer some helpful information (I hope)!

We were just at Ohana for Breakfast last week. This is probably our 4th time having breakfast here, and there were several changes.

It is true that Stitch does not come to your table. After we checked in, we were instructed to stand in the line to meet Stitch prior to getting called to our table. The wait was minimal and we were done before our table was ready, but I much prefer seeing him at our table.

It wasn't terrible, but I prefer not standing in line to see a character when I can see him while we are casually having a relaxing breakfast. The other characters still come to the table.

The food has changed as well and not for the better. The fruit was more melon and grapes as opposed to pineapple and berries from our other visits, and we had to send the fruit back because the melon was slimy and grapes looked terrible. Our second plate was just as bad but we just let it go.

The sausage was changed to a cheaper, small type of sausage that was not very good and the bacon was replaced with ham slices covered in pineapple.

If the food had been good, we would honestly have been ok with the character meeting change. However, all the changes made for a disappointing experience.

I did email guest relations to share my concerns as this has always been a favorite.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for posting your experience! I have to say that the changes sound disappointing to me. Where is Stitch? Do they have him out in the open? I can't wrap my head around where they are having people line up in that waiting area. It's not a huge area and can get congested at times.

Hi!

Hope this is helpful!

Oh No! We are going to O'hana for the first time in 3 weeks. These changes are disappointing!

Stitch is DS's favorite character and the chance to interact with him was a big factor in our decision!

I hate ham and don't really care for sausage, but I love bacon. Definitely bummed about the change!

We were looking forward to eating lots of yummy pineapple. Grapes don't really say "Polynesian" to me.

Definitely bummed to hear about these changes! I will try to remain positive and optimistic since we have been so excited for this breakfast! We had heard so many good things

Thanks for posting your experience! I have to say that the changes sound disappointing to me. Where is Stitch? Do they have him out in the open? I can't wrap my head around where they are having people line up in that waiting area. It's not a huge area and can get congested at times.
The meeting with Stitch was along the windows looking toward the Castle. The line was not very long when we entered and there were lots of people waiting in the waiting area. I could see it getting more congested but it wasn't too bad.

They did say that if your reservation beeper went off, to stay in line and see Stitch before coming their way.

Last edited:
Oh No! We are going to O'hana for the first time in 3 weeks. These changes are disappointing!

Stitch is DS's favorite character and the chance to interact with him was a big factor in our decision!

I hate ham and don't really care for sausage, but I love bacon. Definitely bummed about the change!

We were looking forward to eating lots of yummy pineapple. Grapes don't really say "Polynesian" to me.

Definitely bummed to hear about these changes! I will try to remain positive and optimistic since we have been so excited for this breakfast! We had heard so many good things
I agree about the fruit. It not seem very "Polynesian" to me either. I did email guest relations about the food changes and Stitch meet. Hopefully if others don't like the changes they will make some modifications.

On a positive note, you still get to see Stitch and they do have a photographer there. The other characters still come to your table.

I think when you have gone somewhere a few times and they make changes, you certainly notice. If this was our first time, we would not know any different about the character meet and probably would not have been bothered.

I do hope you have a good time and enjoy your experience. We still got to see Stitch and that is the main reason for going!!!

I cancelled my upcoming reservation. I don't do Ham. I expect Bacon with my breakfast when I eat out so there is no way I will pay for an all you care to eat that doesn't include it. I've been numerous times & the food was fine but with these changes I'm out. It kills me because Stitch is my absolute favorite character & this was the only way to be sure I got to see him & get a big hug. Maybe they are trying to make the meal more authentic by serving the Ham & Pineapple combo but I wouldn't eat any of it.

The meeting with Stitch was along the windows looking toward the Castle.

Bummer! Like I need to wait in yet another line at WDW. That would be 3 for Ohana - 1 line to check in, 1 line to wait after you're called to be seated and 1 more for a picture. And a picture in front of a window? They can't even bust out the Lilo & Stitch surf board? A few tiki statues? Was a pile of dirty dishes not available? Maybe a photo next to the bathroom? Sheesh!

No bacon?? My DW is not gonna like that!! If they want to be super authentic why don't they just change it to SPAM? Ham, to me and my discerning palate, is just cold wet under cooked bacon with (gross) fruit on top. It just sounds like it's very slimy and shiny, which may be my 2 least favorite words to describe a breakfast meat!:crazy2:

Friends of ours ate there this morning and posted a picture on their FB account. It looks like there is a tiki kind of background in front of the window, but they had a group of 6 and didn't all quite fit. You could see the window. It is set up similar to when you would have the family pics taken a few years ago, but that was a better background.

I sent an e-mail to Guest Relations regarding the changes reported here. I told them that based on recent guest reports I was compelled to cancel my upcoming reservation because I considered the recent changes to the menu unacceptable. They "assured" me that there have been no changes to the menu at O'hana breakfast and it still includes Bacon & Sausage. Got the "constantly reviewing offerings, based on guest feedback" spiel, yada, yada. But according to them no Change to the Menu. Hopefully some others will report back as to whether this was a temporary thing or if it remains ongoing that the Ham & Pineapple have truly replaced the Bacon.

I sent an e-mail to Guest Relations regarding the changes reported here. I told them that based on recent guest reports I was compelled to cancel my upcoming reservation because I considered the recent changes to the menu unacceptable. They "assured" me that there have been no changes to the menu at O'hana breakfast and it still includes Bacon & Sausage. Got the "constantly reviewing offerings, based on guest feedback" spiel, yada, yada. But according to them no Change to the Menu. Hopefully some others will report back as to whether this was a temporary thing or if it remains ongoing that the Ham & Pineapple have truly replaced the Bacon.
I hope it was a temporary thing too! I hope others will report soon.

This is my favorite character breakfast, and I would love to go back!!!

I hope that's true too. We have an ADR the beginning of October and I was already online trying to find a replacement breakfast. I hate ham and can give or take sausage, so there being no bacon was a big deal for me. I'll be anxious to hear any recent menu reports.

I hope it was a temporary thing too! I hope others will report soon.

This is my favorite character breakfast, and I would love to go back!!!

I am keeping our reservation for August 19 because DS is a huge Stitch fan and has been looking forward to it! I will cross my fingers that there is bacon:stitch: I will be sure to report back

Ohana is our must do breakfast every trip, and I have really mixed feelings about this. The food change doesn't sound good, especially the fruit, but we will probably live with it.

What I am more undecided about is the change in meeting Stitch. We have been at Ohana a number of times when we have waited 20-30 minutes after finishing our meal to meet Stitch. He is a favorite character of everyone in our family, so leaving is never option, and meeting him before breakfast seems like a big time saver.

At the same time, I don't imagine we will get the same interaction with Stitch meeting outside the restaurant. One of our favorite memories of Ohana is my son (now 12, but then around 7) going to breakfast with his large stuffed stitch. He spent all his spending money on it and was so excited to meet Stitch. Stitch made such a big deal of him having it, and even went to another table that had a permanent marker and came back and signed the ear of my son's Stitch. He was so happy carrying his special Stitch home on the plane. My youngest brought his smaller stuffed stitch to breakfast last year with a sharpie so that he could have one that matched his big brothers. Stitch gave him a lot of extra attention and signed the ear as well. These are memories that you just don't get with a quick picture opportunity in front of the restaurant.

Hi!

Hope this is helpful!

Ugg, We don't eat ham, the sausage and bacon were the best part of the meal.

went there 4 times in December and stitch came around to every table each time we where there.

years ago they used to have it set up where you would check in, they would line you up for a Hawaiian themed photo and then try to sell you said photo during breakfast.

Never heard of stitch being out front only.

:EDIT: just read above that is true he stands out front... bummer.

I also heard from someone that because he is outside meeting people, he no longer parades around the restaurant with the kids either. I'm so bummed! :sad:

Aww this stinks I love that he came to the table I have a great group pic from last Sept with Stich and out front will not be the same. This is a must do every trip even though I am bummed we will still be going on Sept 8th and I hope that there is bacon !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter