Parking???

DIZNUT57

Earning My Ears
Do you have to pay to park at HRH if you are staying there? I have the preferred anual pass.

With the AP, you have to pay to park at HRH....you have to pay at all the hotels....but you don't have to pay at parking garage at CW.

I have read parking is really limited at the resorts. Does anyone use the parking garage if staying on site if it is possible?

It's not possible to use the main garage for over night parking.
When you check into the hotel they'll ask if you drove. That's when they add $12 per night to your room charges. PBH has plenty of spaces because they have a huge garage. HRH is the one that's packed with cars along the curb. I've suggested people drive over to the PBH garage and take the shuttle back to HRH if you're leaving your car for a few days and won't drive it until you leave.

AHHH.. makes sense!;)
I hate that we have to pay $12 per night to park...spoiled by Disney I guess:sad1:

Disney just builds the fees into their rates so you don't see it. I much prefer that Universal breaks it out. That way I can pay if I have a car, and don't have to pay when I don't have a car.

The parking fee is pretty standard these days in luxury hotels. We just spent a week in LA and at one hotel, parking was $30.00 per night and at the not so luxury Marriott, it was still $20.00 per night.

Disney just builds the fees into their rates so you don't see it. I much prefer that Universal breaks it out. That way I can pay if I have a car, and don't have to pay when I don't have a car.
good point.....great way to look at it!

The parking fee is pretty standard these days in luxury hotels. We just spent a week in LA and at one hotel, parking was $30.00 per night and at the not so luxury Marriott, it was still $20.00 per night.

:eek: ouch :scared:

:confused: From the universal site:

Universal Orlando® Resort:

Free self-parking each time you visit or pay for 2 hours of Valet and get the rest of the day for free‡
$5.00 preferred parking (price subject to change without notice)‡
Free use of kennels for one pet on the day of your visit. Additional pets stay at the regular price. (subject to availability)

‡Subject to availability. Valid at Universal Orlando Parking garages only. Not valid for parking (including valet) at any Universal Onsite Hotel.

the above is parking at the garages not at the hotels.

just a note to say, if you stay downtown in chicago at a hotel, the cheapest you will find is $41 a night to park at the hotels. that's self parking......
and at hilton towers valet is more.

I know alot of hotels in Cities charge the parking fee due to lack of space. I just think it comes a little bit of a shocker to pay it at a hotel with such a location. (I'm not complaining, just stating that its not what everyone expects):hug:

I know alot of hotels in Cities charge the parking fee due to lack of space. I just think it comes a little bit of a shocker to pay it at a hotel with such a location. (I'm not complaining, just stating that its not what everyone expects):hug:

When you get there, you'll see how limited their parking is. I don't know if they charge because of the limitations or simply because all the Loews Hotels charge for parking.

Parking rates or hotel rates? A bunch of us have rates of under $150/night in the next two weeks. The rates are variable like Disney and there are a variety of discounts, like Disney. The hotels are all deluxe though, unlike Disney.

i think Disneybride2002 means parking.....i believe it's $12./nite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter