Parking???

all the more reason NOT to have a car there now..... i realize some drive there and can't help it....BUT, if you're coming and going to/from MCO, a service is just cheaper....AND to get a taxi if you feel the 'need' to go somewhere..... :sad2: $15....unreal! :rolleyes2

I think we need to discuss this with Loews. Anyone got a good contact??? Mac, you know anyone?

It is jumping up too quickly. It may only be a few bucks but it is too much too quickly.

$15 per night to park :scared1: --I thought $12 was bad!!!

I would imagine that this is a move being made by head office at Loews. The front desk is going to hate this as are the managers. The head office must be happy with the occupancy rates or they wouldn't be doing this.

I think we need to discuss this with Loews. Anyone got a good contact??? Mac, you know anyone?

It is jumping up too quickly. It may only be a few bucks but it is too much too quickly.

Here are some I found with Google. They were listed on the Press Release from the Apprentice contest.

Emily Kanders Goldfischer
Loews Hotels
Phone: (212) 521-2833
Email: egoldfischer@loewshotels.com

Ms. Emily Goldfischer
V.P. of Public Relations
Loews Hotels

667 Madison Ave., 6th Flr.
New York, New York 10021
Phone: 212-521-2833
Fax: 212-521-2379
Email: egoldfischer@loewshotels.com

i have a male name out of the new york office that is approachable.

let me check my lists.

i'll post it when i find it.

i think emily has been in that position for a few years now.

i'm at work so i can't do this right now.

someone bring up the loews site and check the parking fees for the other loews hotels.

i'll check some later.

look for the big cities..........

i think we need to prove our point if the other cities are less than $15 for parking.

if it turns out not to be the case, then we take the tourist approach on this when we start our letter/email campaign.

we open our campaign up to the world.

someone bring up the loews site and check the parking fees for the other loews hotels.

i'll check some later.

i think we need to prove our point if the other cities are less than $15 for parking.

if it turns out not to be the case, then we take the tourist approach on this when we start our letter/email campaign.

I completely agree..yikes:scared1: I thought $12 was bad.. I think the key word in your posting was "city".... as in NY, Boston, DC... I can understand for that!

it's all about tourism.. DBIL tells us that rental car places in Fla. (esp. mco) really jack the prices cuz they know the tourists want/need rental cars....he says they really "sock it to the customer".....ahhhh....the almighty dollar rides again :sad2:

I came into this thread a little late but what I was told when they upped the rate a while back is that AAA (I think) was doing the valet but they changed companies. They likely give the valet company a portion of self parking to maintain the parking lot. The parking charge is a topic on TripAdvisor as well saying that Loews is nickel and diming us to death. If Loews were to take the valet service under them the cost of the rooms would likely raise. Would that be fair to those who fly in?
BTW Loews Miami is $30.

i'll check some later.

They don't state the prices. They just say that parking fees apply. Sneaky little buggers.

It is $30/night in Montreal but that is totally valet because there is no space to self park. At least $32 in Phillie. That's the latest one I've seen quoted on tripadvisor. $32 in Washington, DC., $30 in Santa Monica

I just checked the website at HRH and the website says that parking is $12 per day. Havent some gotten the fees waived?

I think parking at hotels is very common now, Loews, Hyatt, Days Inn, everywhere.

We paid $19 a day to park at a run-of-the-mill Days Inn five years ago in Savannah. Even our local Hyatt charges its guests parking fees. It's been a few years, but I remember they tried to charge DH & I $40 for an overnight stay. What was interesting with that one is they sell spots to locals for parking downtown. I already pay $89 per month there so I can park downtown close to the courthouse. $40 per night (or two days) is outrageous, IMO, especially when so many locals already use their garage for monthly rentals.

But whatcha gonna do? I still think that even with $15 per night, it's still a massive savings for a comparable onsite vacation at one of the parks in Orlando.

Loews Santa Monica was $27.00 + tax.
Bill showed $30 and change per night. No self parking.

As a comparison - Anaheim Marriott - with a HUGE self-parking lot was $20.00 per night. The lot was so large that they were selling day space to convention people for $10.00 per day.

Wow! I just left HRH Thursday from a 3 night stay and it was 12 dollars.$15 is too much.

when you check out of hrh, there is a place on the form of "how was your stay here" where you can list complaints, concerns, complements.

i think we all should list our thoughts on the increase of loews parking fees for guests.

Loews Santa Monica was $27.00 + tax.
Bill showed $30 and change per night. No self parking.

As a comparison - Anaheim Marriott - with a HUGE self-parking lot was $20.00 per night. The lot was so large that they were selling day space to convention people for $10.00 per day.

All the Disneyland hotels have a hotel fee that includes your self parking.

Hey all,
For what its worth.............
I just recieved my confirmations for HRH, and PBH for December, and it still reads that parking is $12.
I will take my confirmations and argue the fact if they try to charge me $15. Its not the extra $3 bucks that bothers me...........its just to see if there customer relations is getting better!

Later...........Syndrome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter