PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Well CRAP that's gotta be extremely frustrating! What are they doing (or not) to insure that our accounts are secure?

Ok on a personal note, anyone want to do some math for me and tell me how i did on my shopping last night??

Had 3 offers that i used -
1200 points for Nature clean products, cost $3.47
600 points for every $3 on frozen fruit - spend $25.94 on blueberries
200 points for every $1 on blueberries - as well as the frozen i got some fresh for a total cost of $29.91 on blueberries

Final total - $44.93 and earned 11,800 points. good or bad?
Not bad. That's $11.80 earned. Each 1000 is equal to a dollar. As for security, when my computer isn't sure who is signing into my account it sends my email address a secure code I need to key in before it lets me have access to my account. Much to my dismay, that happens more often than not for some reason.

ETA-that's about a 25% return.

So I only pop over here once in a while and will skim through. Guess what???? My points were just stolen for the SECOND time. I got the redemption email stating that I had redeemed all 290, 000 of my points. WTH??? After it happened the last time I stopped letting my points get past about 50-60K. I let them accumulate lately because I was planning to be using them soon.

And, I can't log in to my account either. At least I was able to link through the email to contact them.

oh my goodness, this is horrible!!

i hope you get some kind of resolution soon, but at this point i feel like they should close your card and open a totally new one.

does it say “you” redeemed at your regular store? if so, time for an investigation on their part!

Well CRAP that's gotta be extremely frustrating! What are they doing (or not) to insure that our accounts are secure?

Ok on a personal note, anyone want to do some math for me and tell me how i did on my shopping last night??

Had 3 offers that i used -
1200 points for Nature clean products, cost $3.47
600 points for every $3 on frozen fruit - spend $25.94 on blueberries
200 points for every $1 on blueberries - as well as the frozen i got some fresh for a total cost of $29.91 on blueberries

Final total - $44.93 and earned 11,800 points. good or bad?

not too bad!

basically, you earned 11.80 worth of points. 11.80/44.93 = a 26% return.

oh my goodness, this is horrible!!

i hope you get some kind of resolution soon, but at this point i feel like they should close your card and open a totally new one.

does it say “you” redeemed at your regular store? if so, time for an investigation on their part!
not too bad!

basically, you earned 11.80 worth of points. 11.80/44.93 = a 26% return.
i just realized my math is wrong!! not exactly sure how on earth i did that (and why neither of you caught it!!
My total cost was $29.91 for the 11,800 points

(the $44.93 is actually the receipt from one of our meals at Disney, just checking that total to see if the dining plan would have made sense or not)

And i agree about the account -- close it down and get a new one!

What are they doing? Clearly nothing. I can see through the app that the transaction took place in Scarborough and it was the card that is my app. So how on earth could someone get access to the number from my app? Also, there was a transaction before the redemption that earned me 15 pts....so was that a little fishing expedition?

Now I’m just waiting until they email me back. The link in the redemption confirmation took me to the regular missing miles page so hopefully they will respond quickly the way they normally do. The last time me points were stolen it dragged on for a long time. I want to say it was months but can’t remember exactly.

i just realized my math is wrong!! not exactly sure how on earth i did that (and why neither of you caught it!!

(the $44.93 is actually the receipt from one of our meals at Disney, just checking that total to see if the dining plan would have made sense or not)
Better and better! That's almost 40%. Not a bad return

And i agree about the account -- close it down and get a new one!

I just guessed you bought other stuff :) But yes, this kicks things from “pretty good” to “great!” on my scale. Anything above 40% is a great return, in my books!

What are they doing? Clearly nothing. I can see through the app that the transaction took place in Scarborough and it was the card that is my app. So how on earth could someone get access to the number from my app? Also, there was a transaction before the redemption that earned me 15 pts....so was that a little fishing expedition?

Now I’m just waiting until they email me back. The link in the redemption confirmation took me to the regular missing miles page so hopefully they will respond quickly the way they normally do. The last time me points were stolen it dragged on for a long time. I want to say it was months but can’t remember exactly.
How horrible. it definitely sounds like some fishing to me.

I hope that you can get this resolved easily and quickly. I feel like the program needs a system-wide fix like requiring a PIN, especially since this obviously isn’t an isolated problem.

So I only pop over here once in a while and will skim through. Guess what???? My points were just stolen for the SECOND time. I got the redemption email stating that I had redeemed all 290, 000 of my points. WTH??? After it happened the last time I stopped letting my points get past about 50-60K. I let them accumulate lately because I was planning to be using them soon.

And, I can't log in to my account either. At least I was able to link through the email to contact them.
Just curious, do you get your points be rapping a pc optimum card or your PC MC?

A friend had points stollen a few weeks ago. I believe he uses aPC Optimum card and was actually in the store when it happened. I’m not sure if his was a mistake by the store clerk as they started cashing him out at one till and then ran into trouble so went to another till. Not sure if he’s tapped his card before moving or not. I’ve just texted to find out what happened.

Just curious, do you get your points be rapping a pc optimum card or your PC MC?

A friend had points stollen a few weeks ago. I believe he uses aPC Optimum card and was actually in the store when it happened. I’m not sure if his was a mistake by the store clerk as they started cashing him out at one till and then ran into trouble so went to another till. Not sure if he’s tapped his card before moving or not. I’ve just texted to find out what happened.
I strictly use a physical card. I don't have the mastercard. When you look at your transactions you can see the last 4 digits of the card you used.....it's showing me that it was my app. AND, it happened in a store that is a minimum of a 60 minute highway drive from me. Last time it happened to me the problem was so wide spread that in made all the major news outlets. That time the points were redeemed in QC....I'm in ON.

Around 10:45 last night I got an email from PC stating that they changed my password because they had noticed some unusual online activity that may affect my account. At that point I had noticed it hours before......interesting. So I went through the process in the email to change my password. After that my DD and I were talking about it and I opened the app again to double check what I was telling her. I then see that the card on my app has changed account numbers. I had earlier taken a screen shot of the previous one and looked at it to confirm the change. She is totally stumped about this whole thing. She said she doesn't know anyone that works in the PC Opt department but will ask around tomorrow when she gets to the office.

She also told me that you can go in the app and lock your account so that you can earn but not redeem without unlocking it...sounds similar to AM cash miles.

She also told me that you can go in the app and lock your account so that you can earn but not redeem without unlocking it...sounds similar to AM cash miles.
well that's something I didn't know! Sure enough, easy peasy fix!
click on the little account thing at the bottom right of the main screen and then on manage cards
Screenshot_20200308-101720_PC Optimum.jpg
once in that screen click on manage cards
Screenshot_20200308-102002_PC Optimum.jpg
then just toggle to lock the cards to earn only
Screenshot_20200308-102204_PC Optimum.jpg
easy finish , just be sure to click on save changes at the bottom of the screenScreenshot_20200308-102334_PC Optimum.jpg

Thanks guys! I didn't know PC Optimum had an option to lock the account like Air Miles. That's done now for my card on my phone.

However, when I go into MANAGE CARDS, it says I have 2 PC Optimum cards (huh?); 1 Connected devices (that's the one I use and I just locked it); and 1 Linked account. Any chance I can delete these ones that I am not using and have no idea how they were added into my APP? My husband has a card but I checked and his number's don't match any of those.

Thanks guys! I didn't know PC Optimum had an option to lock the account like Air Miles. That's done now for my card on my phone.

However, when I go into MANAGE CARDS, it says I have 2 PC Optimum cards (huh?); 1 Connected devices (that's the one I use and I just locked it); and 1 Linked account. Any chance I can delete these ones that I am not using and have no idea how they were added into my APP? My husband has a card but I checked and his number's don't match any of those.
I believe the extra "card" is the keychain thingee that came with the card? Mine shows 5 cards because it's still showing my old PC Plus account. I don't think you can delete any of them (but then I've already admitted multiple times that this reward programme is not my forte! :P )

I believe the extra "card" is the keychain thingee that came with the card? Mine shows 5 cards because it's still showing my old PC Plus account. I don't think you can delete any of them (but then I've already admitted multiple times that this reward programme is not my forte! :P )

Yes, I have two numbers on mine too and one is the small keychain card.

I also have 2 showing. 1 appears to be where I linked it to a UGO wallet app. Even though the number is different I've used it and the points go to my account.

I have also locked my card. Thank you for sharing that info @dancin Disney style and @Donald - my hero.

I’ve shared it with my friend who had $100 worth of points stolen last month. She said it took many emails back and forth but they finally gave them back their points.

I don't even have a physical card. I just have the app. When they switched over I combined my shoppers card with the new program and they gave me the app. I did lock it though, thanks for that. I would hate to lose my points!

Yes...all the cards that you all have showing are the wallet card, the key tag and any old cards from before the merge. I still have the wallet card and key tag from the original card that I had the first time my points were stolen. There is no way to delete any extra cards....which seems stupid to me.

@scrappinginontario the last time this happened to me it took a very long time and a ton of back and forth. Even though at that time I had only EVER swiped my card at 1 store and the theft took place in another province that I had not been to in a few years. They put me through hoops and when I finally spoke to a live person she made me feel like I was scamming them. I was also made to change my password 3 times. This time I plan to blast them.....it's 2020 and they seem to have basically no security measures for the customer.

I've got a question for you all.....do you log out of apps on your phone? I NEVER do and now I'm wondering if somehow I opened myself up to this. I also leave tabs open on my laptop....like this page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter