PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Ugh, I'm pretty annoyed with Atlantic Superstore but it worked out in the end. I normally don't do big grocery orders but SS had chicken on sale and I had a nice offer of 200 points for every $1 spent on fresh poultry ending yesterday. So I do my PC Express order yesterday morning and I order 5 packs of chicken. Being on WW, we eat a lot of chicken. I also ordered 2 of the pork tenderloin that's in the flyer. I also have an offer of 15k points for spending over $150. I rarely do this in one order but the price of the chicken and pork bumps me up nicely and I add some staples and I hit the $150. I get my email that my order is ready and I look, no chicken and no pork and no subs available. When I finally get the phone call from SS I let him know I'm somewhat annoyed. I'm now missing out on ALL the points I've planned for. So he offers to give me the 15K points but can't do anything about the chicken points and says he can give me a rain check for the chicken and pork. Fine. Luckily, I had only deferred 2 offers and was able to defer my chicken offer to this week...and now I also have a fresh pork offer. SS is out of the way but I will make a trip in on weekend and snatch up my chicken and pork points. I have lots of good offers this week. 26 in total and lots I can use at Shoppers on Saturday to easily hit the $50 for the 20X points. Happy shopping everyone!

I was happy to see a milk offer back today after being MIA for a few weeks. I don't normally freeze milk but am going to buy an extra bag to toss in the freezer as I'm putting a few non-perishables aside should we have to stay home for a few weeks. So much unknown about Covid-19 that I'd rather be overly prepared than not prepared enough.

I get my email that my order is ready and I look, no chicken and no pork and no subs available. When I finally get the phone call from SS I let him know I'm somewhat annoyed. I'm now missing out on ALL the points I've planned for. So he offers to give me the 15K points but can't do anything about the chicken points and says he can give me a rain check for the chicken and pork.
Honestly...that's what I HATE about the express shopping. Our superstore is always famous for being out of items - and yet the hubby still points the truck in that direction and wants to shop there. Then complains when I say....well since they didn't have a - g items, we need to go to no frills. Well if you would just drive to No frills...we wouldn't need to go to Superstore. He just hates it there. Ours is small, cramped, crowded and always full of people. BUT, they rarely have holes with missing product. I can always cross off all the items on my shopping list when I'm there.

Another weekend of 20X the points on Saturday! I seem to have trouble getting there when it's just Saturday. I was hoping to see a deal on gift cards. They usually seem to have one around this time of year when I have to buy the DD something for her birthday. Then I stock her up with a few gift cards. But nothing this week at Shopper's

Last week I purchased the last loadable WDW gift card on the rack at the Lacewood Drive Shoppers. I'm hoping they have more in stock! Anyone in the Halifax area see the loadable cards at other Shoppers? I know Walmart has the $25, $50, and $100s...

Last week I purchased the last loadable WDW gift card on the rack at the Lacewood Drive Shoppers. I'm hoping they have more in stock! Anyone in the Halifax area see the loadable cards at other Shoppers? I know Walmart has the $25, $50, and $100s...

What do you mean by loadable? I usually buy e-gifcards of the ones from Walmart/Shoppers. I'm also in NS :)

With the Canadian dollar dropping steadily, I'm thinking of calling WDW and applying my gift cards to my reservation now. Or, do we think the dollar will rebound this year once the virus settles and everything goes back to normal? My full card HAD an exchange value of $767 US at one point, but is today at $745 US :(

With the Canadian dollar dropping steadily, I'm thinking of calling WDW and applying my gift cards to my reservation now. Or, do we think the dollar will rebound this year once the virus settles and everything goes back to normal? My full card HAD an exchange value of $767 US at one point, but is today at $745 US :(
IF you going for this March break, do it now. Not till next year, wait it will bounce back.

I'm holding off. Our trip is in September. I'm checking my accounts (RRSP, RESP, TFSA) daily and this week they look like a roller coaster!!! Up....down....up.....down

I'm going to wait for things to settle a bit before paying off more of our trip.

I'm holding off. Our trip is in September. I'm checking my accounts (RRSP, RESP, TFSA) daily and this week they look like a roller coaster!!! Up....down....up.....down

I'm going to wait for things to settle a bit before paying off more of our trip.

Yes! I have noticed that with our RRSPs and RESP. I'm sure it's all related to the Cornavirus. Hopefully it will settle down in a couple of months.

That's a very complex question. The rate has to do with the stock markets, with Bank of Canada's moving of our prime rate, with the US Federal Bank rate and so much more. It's so complex. Yes, indirectly it will have to do with the Coronavirus but only so much as the virus has had an effect on the stock market, buying and selling. I'm a retired banker and it used to drive me nuts that one of my employees was always telling customers the rate is high because there is a long weekend coming up. He firmly believed that was a reason for movement.
Anyways, this is the reason I only purchase the gift cards as a last resort, if I need to meet a target spend for example. I prefer to take the money I save and buy US then and there.....but that's another debate. Dollar cost averaging works for me but we all do things the way that makes us comfortable.

So I only pop over here once in a while and will skim through. Guess what???? My points were just stolen for the SECOND time. I got the redemption email stating that I had redeemed all 290, 000 of my points. WTH??? After it happened the last time I stopped letting my points get past about 50-60K. I let them accumulate lately because I was planning to be using them soon.

And, I can't log in to my account either. At least I was able to link through the email to contact them.

So I only pop over here once in a while and will skim through. Guess what???? My points were just stolen for the SECOND time. I got the redemption email stating that I had redeemed all 290, 000 of my points. WTH??? After it happened the last time I stopped letting my points get past about 50-60K. I let them accumulate lately because I was planning to be using them soon.

And, I can't log in to my account either. At least I was able to link through the email to contact them.
Well CRAP that's gotta be extremely frustrating! What are they doing (or not) to insure that our accounts are secure?

Ok on a personal note, anyone want to do some math for me and tell me how i did on my shopping last night??

Had 3 offers that i used -
1200 points for Nature clean products, cost $3.47
600 points for every $3 on frozen fruit - spend $25.94 on blueberries
200 points for every $1 on blueberries - as well as the frozen i got some fresh for a total cost of $29.91 on blueberries

Final total - $44.93 and earned 11,800 points. good or bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter