• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

When I start the check in process online (this week :-)) what will I see as options? I would love to get a renovated room and it seems the odds may be in my favor since I booked a standard room?

Thanks!

When I start the check in process online (this week :-)) what will I see as options? I would love to get a renovated room and it seems the odds may be in my favor since I booked a standard room?

Thanks!

Here's what shows up for me.

Attachments

• 20170828_135631.png
    20170828_135631.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 132
I apologize for asking this because I know it's been answered.

What type of coffee makers do the new room have? I wanted to bring some hot chocolate with me but not sure what type of pods to purchase.

Thanks!

Just want to share that I booked a 2 nights stay with a standard room at POP, followed by a 11 nights stay with a preferred room. I put "80's" as my request, I called and spoke with a Disney CM AND I sent a fax with a specific room request (9238 or close) (with Touringplans). We wanted a room close to 9238 and got 9237 for the whole stay.

It was a corner room next to the stairs, closest to the lobby and transportation. It was a perfect spot and since it was only one flight of stairs we only used the elevator twice. It was really close to the bus, we could use the computer pool laundry with less people and pretty much only an extra minute of walking to the food court, compare to the preferred rooms.

We got in late, 11 PM at least, and still got our request. I'm 90% sure it was the fax, since the room number was so close, but who knows. I would advise to do all three: request online, call and fax.

I walk by the 70s building (10 I think) everyday and we saw people painting the outside walls and at night we could see a little bit inside the rooms and it looked like they were done with the painting, some furniture was there, but no light fixtures yet.

What type of coffee makers do the new room have? I wanted to bring some hot chocolate with me but not sure what type of pods to purchase.

Thanks!

I don't believe you will be able to purchase hot chocolate pods to fit this type of system. It is the flat, round filters that are about 3" in diameter. The machine does not take k-cup style pods.

That being said, you can possibly use it just to heat up water (???) and then bring instant hot chocolate mix. Has anyone tried this for tea and/or hot chocolate?

If you look at post 1033 (p. 52) of this thread you can see pictures that show how the frame of the regular bed extends a few inches beyond the mattress. I'm thinking more people will probably walk into the murphy bed corners because it intrudes into the walking path more than the regular bed -- but they're both going to cause lots of bruised shins.
:crutches:

Anyone checked in in the last few days and asked about the gift card promo for mousekeeping? I know it ended a few days ago but I'm kinda hoping it was a success and they bring it back!
Even if they deem it a success and bring it back, that probably won't happen until they test it at more properties.

Even if they deem it a success and bring it back, that probably won't happen until they test it at more properties.
For us it was anything BUT a success. We declined on both our rooms. The first night DS room was not made up, second night our room was not made up, third night DS room was not made up, fourth night I stayed in the room until they came to make it up and asked the maid to make sure DS room (connecting rooms) and she said it was not her room, that it belonged to another of the house keeping crew. I said I was there to make sure it got done. She left and about 30 minutes later a different person did come.
Every time I called down to question not getting service I was told that they had on record that we accepted the offer on August 18th at 5:40 p.m. which is interesting as we did not check in until August 19th. Every time they said sorry and it will not happen again. It did. There system seems to be a bit mixed up with this. I wonder how many people were unhappy because they didn't get the service requested.
Now we were compensated very well for this however I would have preferred to not have to waste time calling down and making beds myself. I'm a mother on vacation, last thing I care to do is clean my hotel room.

I tend to decline service about 2/3 of the time anyway so I would not mind if they brought the offer back-why pay for something that I'm not gonna use. If not I'll still decline service for the week except 1 or 2 times and just not get to save the money. I am weird and it bothers me to think of someone in the room touching my stuff when I'm not there. It's my own personal eccentricity that I know is dumb (seriously why would anyone want to touch my jacket or my toothbrush or anything) but I just cant shake it.

Just want to share that I booked a 2 nights stay with a standard room at POP, followed by a 11 nights stay with a preferred room. I put "80's" as my request, I called and spoke with a Disney CM AND I sent a fax with a specific room request (9238 or close) (with Touringplans). We wanted a room close to 9238 and got 9237 for the whole stay.

It was a corner room next to the stairs, closest to the lobby and transportation. It was a perfect spot and since it was only one flight of stairs we only used the elevator twice. It was really close to the bus, we could use the computer pool laundry with less people and pretty much only an extra minute of walking to the food court, compare to the preferred rooms.

We got in late, 11 PM at least, and still got our request. I'm 90% sure it was the fax, since the room number was so close, but who knows. I would advise to do all three: request online, call and fax.

I walk by the 70s building (10 I think) everyday and we saw people painting the outside walls and at night we could see a little bit inside the rooms and it looked like they were done with the painting, some furniture was there, but no light fixtures yet.
This is great to hear.....funny thing is this is the exact room I was thinking of requesting.

I think Building 7 is getting pretty close! We're currently in Building 9 and received a note on our door to warn us that the Reedy Creek Fire Department would be testing the fire alarms for Building 7 today. We were at the park, so we didn't hear anything of course, but the note indicated that tests would be from roughly 11 a.m. until late afternoon.
We just finished our stay in building 9. We, unfortunately, did not get that notice and sat through an hour of really loud honking. I wish we had because I would have restructured our plans that day. Otherwise, I really loved the room. I forgot to fax in a request, I only selected 90's and 80's and managed to luck out. We usually stayed at Caribbean Beach or on our DVC points in the past and I've loved those rooms. This did not feel small to me at all. The layout had so many spots for storage that we had spots leftover. And I was able to stuff our giant suitcases under the bed. Everything felt bright, crisp and clean. I thought the beds were comfy and the pillows were plump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter