• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

So while the parks were great as usual and the room renovations were nice, Mousekeeping was horrible. Cleaning just wasn't done, toilet paper was not left, no wiping of anything and no sweeping/vacuuming. The murphy bed was barely made which I think was done on purpose as no one sees it when it is up. No more values for us after this , shorter stays at Wilderness or Epcot area resorts.

Absolutely nothing to worry about! Pop is renovating their rooms and even those staying nearby don't seem bothered by construction noises. Pop is huge so you can request to stay far away from the renovations or you may wish to request a newly renovated room that has 2 queen beds, lots of storage and a coffee maker.

We're arriving in 5 days and I can't wait to be back at Pop again!

Thank you. Let me know your thoughts. Happy Vacation.

Yes currently no preferred rooms have completed the refurb, so the only refurb rooms are standard rooms.

I did online check in and also sent in a touring plans fax request. One of them worked as when I checked in the cm noted that I had requested for a room in 80s/90s refurb and that's what I got!

Thank you. Just added a fax request so hopefully one of them will work for me as well.

So while the parks were great as usual and the room renovations were nice, Mousekeeping was horrible. Cleaning just wasn't done, toilet paper was not left, no wiping of anything and no sweeping/vacuuming. The murphy bed was barely made which I think was done on purpose as no one sees it when it is up. No more values for us after this , shorter stays at Wilderness or Epcot area resorts.

Did you call each time something wasn't done or check in at Guest Services? I'm sorry you had such poor service during your stay.

Anybody heard anything about the Gift Card for Housekeeping being back. On another site and someone said they checked in yesterday and were given the offer.

Currently at Pop, had checked in on 30/8 and it wasn't available then.

But as I am checking out and checking back in tomorrow (two separate reservations), I stopped by the front desk earlier to confirm that I could stay in my room and also asked about this - and it is back! But at a lower rate of $10/day (so for e.g. a 5 night stay you would get $40 because that's 4 days of housekeeping you're opting out of), in the form of a Disney gift card that's emailed to you. I'm very happy about this as half the time I don't need/want housekeeping anyway!

But as I am checking out and checking back in tomorrow (two separate reservations), I stopped by the front desk earlier to confirm that I could stay in my room and also asked about this - and it is back! But at a lower rate of $10/day (so for e.g. a 5 night stay you would get $40 because that's 4 days of housekeeping you're opting out of), in the form of a Disney gift card that's emailed to you. I'm very happy about this as half the time I don't need/want housekeeping anyway!

Just to clarify the bolded.....

I thought for 5 nights you'd only get 3 nights housekeeping credit. The room would be made up on arrival and departure days so that would only leave the three middle nights?

Just to clarify the bolded.....

I thought for 5 nights you'd only get 3 nights housekeeping credit. The room would be made up on arrival and departure days so that would only leave the three middle nights?
In the past you received a credit for each night of your stay minus the final night only. We will be checking in Sat for a 9 night stay so I am anticipating being eligible for an $80 credit should I choose to opt out of housekeeping.

Thanks @sky13! That's exciting news! We check in Friday so I'll be sure to ask about this.

One question I will also ask (if I'm able to stay in my room the full trip, 2 different reservations) is if we can opt out of the 'departure night' between reservations and receive a credit for that? In our case we have a 1 night room only reservation at the beginning of our trip and if we stay in the same room it will mean we've only been in it for a few hours. I'll keep you posted for others who may be in a similar situation.

I just got back from Pop Century last night, I booked the bounce back offer for Port Orleans Riverside but was tempted to book Pop again because the renovated rooms were so nice and fresh. Everything was still the same when I left, one of the curtains were open in the 80s section and that room looked ready. The one building in the 70s section was buzzing with construction workers. Wish I had some new exciting information.

Thank you for the update. Now I'm really looking into my check in tomorrow.

The housekeeping gift card being back is great news! We're checking-in in 12 days and I'm getting super excited and wishing for pixie dust for a refurbished room. Hoping there will be some new information to report at that time!

We stayed at Pop for one night over the weekend (after a full week at the Swan). We had a refurbished room, it was really nice. We really liked the bathroom and the new layout. There were only two of us, so the extra space was nice. It did have a coffee pot - however, there was no coffee or anything to go with it. I thought that there should probably have been but didn't ask, it was a very quick stay.

We stayed at Pop for one night over the weekend (after a full week at the Swan). We had a refurbished room, it was really nice. We really liked the bathroom and the new layout. There were only two of us, so the extra space was nice. It did have a coffee pot - however, there was no coffee or anything to go with it. I thought that there should probably have been but didn't ask, it was a very quick stay.

The coffe supplies are found in a set of compartments in the top drawer of the coffee station. Was the entire supply carrier empty? Too bad.

The coffe supplies are found in a set of compartments in the top drawer of the coffee station. Was the entire supply carrier empty? Too bad.

It took me two days or so before I found the coffee! I don't drink coffee though so no big loss for me...

Could anyone who is there or who will be arriving soon as about the dates for the declining mouskeeping offer. I'm wondering if it will be there when I arrive in 26 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::tigger::maleficen:ccat::hmghost::stitch::simba::dumbo::maleficen:figment:

Could anyone who is there or who will be arriving soon as about the dates for the declining mouskeeping offer. I'm wondering if it will be there when I arrive in 26 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::tigger::maleficen:ccat::hmghost::stitch::simba::dumbo::maleficen:figment:

I would love to know as well and Kindermouse, my countdown says 26 days too!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter