Post your trivial unpopular opinions

I dislike sports en toto and don't get fans who are super invested in a game they aren't playing. Or watching someone else play poker, or whatever. That part (ok, a lot of other parts) of my brain is broken.

Now ya'll can riot.

I also don't like TV shows like "punked" and those of it's ilk. It's mean tricking people. I hate that poop.

I don't particularly like holding or caring for newborn babies- and I really don't like when a parent throws their bundle of joy into my arms and takes off for 20 minutes.

I'm a horrible person lol But I *do* absolutely adore toddlers and preschoolers, so that redeems me a little :)

I love toddlers, etc. but newborns - nah; no thanks, I don't want to hold your squirmy bundle of ooze. Also, do new parents realize that little babies smell vaguely like vomit? For a while I pondered the kid issue and looked for that "new baby" smell, I think I must have encountered a bunch of defective ones.

I love toddlers, etc. but newborns - nah; no thanks, I don't want to hold your squirmy bundle of ooze. Also, do new parents realize that little babies smell vaguely like vomit? For a while I pondered the kid issue and looked for that "new baby" smell, I think I must have encountered a bunch of defective ones.
I don't they smell like vomit lol

I don't they smell like vomit lol

I'm telling you - I've encountered some broken babies. Even my darling and much beloved nephew, who is the best thing on this planet, used to smell like barf. Now he smells like bananas and sometimes cheetos (but don't tell his parents).

<like> <like> <like>

(I wanted to just "like" your post when I read this part, but...cats and babies? I just can't go there. :sad2: - I don't think it makes you a horrible person, though. :goodvibes )

I know! lol I'm so ashamed:o haha

Newborns are cute, but I do not want to take care of them! I never know what to do with other people's babies - how long is enough to hold them before giving them back? Do I give them back before they start to cry, or after? Did I look at them and coo at them for an appropriate length of time, or should I do it longer? So much pressure....lol I like it more when the kid can give me feedback lol

And kittens are cute, but we have an adult cat who is perfect for us - he comes around when the kids are sad or sick, and pretty much sleeps or hides the rest of the time lol We love him! Kittens and puppies seem like so much extra work.

ETA: I, of course, *DID* like my own kids as babies lol, but to be honest, once they turned one, they were a lot more fun. My favorite age overall is the 3-6 year old range, although I have to say my 17 year is growing on me again now that he is pretty much out of the unreasonable teen years stage! haha

Last edited:
My unpopular one is I hate eggs so breakfast is the most challenging meal of the day

My DH hates eggs and ham. I say I married a Dr. Seuss character.

I think on-line shopping is like staring into the abyss.

OMG me too! I HATE online shopping. I will order stuff that I've gotten before, but I hate shopping online. I like holding a purchase in my hands first. So depressed Toys R Us is closing, hoping the one around me stays open!

Don't care for soda, chocolate, or avocados.

Me either!

Coffee needs a LOT of milk & sugar added

I used to put a ton of sweetner in my coffee but after this last pregnancy, it just tasted too sweet, so now I only put one or maybe two in a big travel mug.

I'm telling you - I've encountered some broken babies. Even my darling and much beloved nephew, who is the best thing on this planet, used to smell like barf

Did they maybe have spit up issues? Curdled milk is not a good smell :crazy2:

I think Nirvanna is a mediocre band and highly overrated

Agree!

I never know what to do with other people's babies - how long is enough to hold them before giving them back? Do I give them back before they start to cry, or after? Did I look at them and coo at them for an appropriate length of time, or should I do it longer? So much pressure....lol I like it more when the kid can give me feedback lol

^ This is why I don't ask people if they want to hold my babies. I wait for them to ask me. I remember my cousin asking me if I wanted to hold her newborn son. I was 18. I didn't. I was scared to. I said, "I'm afraid I'll break him (and that's 100% what I meant)." She said, "Oh you'll be fine." And handed him to me. It was fine. But I was so uncomfortable, how soon is too soon to hand him back? Am I holding him right? Oh God, what does that face mean? Is he going to cry, oh no he's crying! Did I break him?

I dislike: coffee, avacados, and shellfish

I enjoy: black licorice

I dislike: Christopher Nolan's Batman movies (and all of his movies really), any Tarantino movies, any Wes Anderson movies (okay, that might not be such an unpopular opinion, but it is with some people I know)

I enjoy: Star Wars prequels (especially Episode I), James Cameron's Avatar, and the Wild Wild West movie with Will Smith (there I said it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter