Post your trivial unpopular opinions

Oh--and in honor of the Winter Olympics, I loathe figure skating as a sport. Like ballet, it requires athleticism but is not a sport. I'll sit with DW while she watches it and I'll read a book.

The expression “grown butt” (and its original form) sets my teeth on edge. What’s wrong with just “grown”?

Hate the assumption that all people of Irish descent would naturally be Notre Dame fans.

Hate this Instapot craze.

Scarlett was spoiled & a tad bit selfish, but she had moxie & grit!
Sure, she was self-centered, but her entire family and some close friends would have likely starved and been homeless had it not been for her savvy, drive, and determination. She could have easily married well and walked away from all her family responsibilities, but she always took care of them. Did she always do it in a nice, sweet way? NO. But no one else was stepping up to the plate, were they?

Sure, she was self-centered, but her entire family and some close friends would have likely starved and been homeless had it not been for her savvy, drive, and determination. She could have easily married well and walked away from all her family responsibilities, but she always took care of them. Did she always do it in a nice, sweet way? NO. But no one else was stepping up to the plate, were they?

Exactly! She did what had to be done. And everyone always waited for her to do it too.

I LOVE beets!
Instapots are stupid.
I detest crockpot cooking.
Burger King. McDonalds. Taco Bell. They all make my skin crawl.

I love my kids. But that’s where my love children ends. I do not like other people’s kids.

And stole her sister's fiance for her own financial gain (saving Tara). Probably could've found another wealthy man to marry, but Kennedy was an easier target.
Her sister would have married Frank and not lifted a finger to help the rest of the family. Scarlett knew that. The tax bill was coming due and with Rhett in jail, there was no time to find another rich husband. Frank was a nice man, he had a decent business and could help her provide for her family. Yes, she used him. But he seemed content enough to be used and truly, her sister was no prize and could be quite unpleasant. Everyone else at Tara sort of wrung their hands about the situation. Scarlett did something about it. She didn't enjoy marrying Frank, but it had to be done.

And to add to your figure skating I want to add it's garbage summer Olympics equivalent, gymnastics. Unwatchable crap.

Yep, as well as gymnastics' ugly stepsisters, rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming. But since we're about to be force-fed skating in about a month, I thought I'd just take a shot at that one. :D

Her sister would have married Frank and not lifted a finger to help the rest of the family. Scarlett knew that. The tax bill was coming due and with Rhett in jail, there was no time to find another rich husband. Frank was a nice man, he had a decent business and could help her provide for her family. Yes, she used him. But he seemed content enough to be used and truly, her sister was no prize and could be quite unpleasant. Everyone else at Tara sort of wrung their hands about the situation. Scarlett did something about it. She didn't enjoy marrying Frank, but it had to be done.
Her sister was no worse than she was. She saved Tara because it was important to HER to save it. The rest of the family? Suellen would've married Frank (who had courted her for years) and would've been fine. Caroline (right? Haven't read the book in a decade) joined a convent. It was what was best for Scarlett.

I found Gone With the Wind so tiresome to watch that I quit paying attention long before it was over and only watched it the one time back in highscool anyway----so I don't even know what all y'all are yammering on about :rotfl:

but I am originally from East Texas and agree that unsweet tea is where is is at. Frehsly brewed, unsweet black iced tea straight or with fresh lemon or lime is my favourite drink.

I don'T care for bottled teas, instant teas, sweet tea, flavored teas . . .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter