Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

Somewhat unrelated to the price hike, but I purchased tickets through UT and loaded them into the app.

I feel this is obvious, but the tickets do not activate until we enter the park (we are going in May)? Also, will we still need the paper tickets or can everything be managed through the app now? TY

We scanned our etickets into the app and brought the paper copies as backup, which we didn't need. When you scan in the first time you still get the actual (card-sized) tickets, but you don't need them if you're using the app.

So i just bought through get away today for a trip in nov. We are going in march too but we didnt need tickets for that trip. Just to let u know they price matched undercover tourist. So i got 2 5 day ark hoppers for 733.90, Also i got the 25 dollar insurance on tickets which makes the tickets refundable in case of candellation, I think thats the main reason i went through them cuz u never know what can happen.. And I know mos tdisney tix are non refundable. I lost out on halloween party tickets a couple of years ago because we had a medeical emergency before our trip and they were non refundable.

I bought three hours ago and have not received my tickets yet. I received a confirmation but that is it....:crazy2:
I have the same issue. Bought yesterday afternoon and have not received anything yet. Hoping that they are just busy. First time using UT, so hoping I have the same experience as everyone else!

I have the same issue. Bought yesterday afternoon and have not received anything yet. Hoping that they are just busy. First time using UT, so hoping I have the same experience as everyone else!
I finally got mine about 4 hours after I ordered....I logged into my account and hit the help button and asked if they needed any more information because my order still said processing. My order in November took a long time as well, and I had to call to give them more info. About 20 minutes after that, they emailed the e tickets to me. Good luck!

I am really sad about the MaxPass increase. Last spring break we used it and I loved it - I'd bought tickets earlier, so had the $10/day rate, and felt it was a good value. The $15/day still seemed an ok value - but $20 means an extra $100 per ticket per person for a 5-day trip. This means $700 increase for my fam. The budget for vacation isn't going up, so that means either dropping MaxPass or dropping something else, or looking at other vacations. If they did multi-day discounts when buying MaxPass I would be able to consider it more.

Also means my hopes of squeezing in an extra DL vacation before our next big trip is gone for now. It will be interesting to see how many people pay. I did not find the photo value to be worth that much, but I would likely still add to one ticket.

I am really sad about the MaxPass increase. Last spring break we used it and I loved it - I'd bought tickets earlier, so had the $10/day rate, and felt it was a good value. The $15/day still seemed an ok value - but $20 means an extra $100 per ticket per person for a 5-day trip. This means $700 increase for my fam. The budget for vacation isn't going up, so that means either dropping MaxPass or dropping something else, or looking at other vacations. If they did multi-day discounts when buying MaxPass I would be able to consider it more.

Also means my hopes of squeezing in an extra DL vacation before our next big trip is gone for now. It will be interesting to see how many people pay. I did not find the photo value to be worth that much, but I would likely still add to one ticket.
I agree. $20 is too much for me. We usually decide to add MP once in the parks to see how crowded they are. Sometimes we add it and sometimes we don't....but it's hard to justify an extra $80 a day.

I am finding that this latest round of price hikes is making me sad. I am finding it harder and harder to justify the Annual Pass. I often just go and meet friends. I ride very few rides while I am there. There really is no end in sight to the company raising prices. And, of course, every food product and merchandise item goes up in price too. Just feeling the AP price blues. I will really have to evaluate what I will do when my pass expires in June.

Larry

Pirates is the 2nd fastest loader in the park. And I think MP / FP would just slow this down. Unless it is the busiest of times there are times of day that Pirates is a walk on to 30 mins.
I am going at the wrong times! but I have been lucky to walk on during Fantasmic :)

We have three-day park hoppers with Maxpass and were planning to upgrade to flex APs when we visit in June. We’re from Northern California. After seeing this price hike we decided against getting the APs.
You have to crunch the numbers to see if it will work for you. I'm planning ont
We scanned our etickets into the app and brought the paper copies as backup, which we didn't need. When you scan in the first time you still get the actual (card-sized) tickets, but you don't need them if you're using the app.
The lady I spoke with said to have a PDF version of the eticket available just in case you have any issues at the turn style.

$20 per day for max pass is too high. For a family of 4 it’s $80 a day extra which really adds up. At $10 a day it was worth it. $15 hurt but we accepted it. $20 each per day is too much. We’re Australian so with the poor exchange rate it feels like it’s too extravagant to justify us buying it.

$20 per day for max pass is too high. For a family of 4 it’s $80 a day extra which really adds up. At $10 a day it was worth it. $15 hurt but we accepted it. $20 each per day is too much. We’re Australian so with the poor exchange rate it feels like it’s too extravagant to justify us buying it.
Totally agree. I’m really just sad about all of this. I’m absolutely obsessed with Disney and it is our favorite vacation as a family but the crazy crowds and regular price hikes are just out pricing my family and making it difficult to justify the expense anymore. $20 a day per person feels outrageous on top of everything else. For my family of 4 over the course of 3 days...an extra $240 added on to our expenses just doesn’t feel doable or reasonable. I lucked out and was able to get discounted tickets through LMTC for the adults and got the kids promo tickets through UT at the old price plus max pass for them. I’d still have to add max pass to us adults for those three days. Not sure it’s worth it. I may only add it for two days and see how it goes.
I at least got a discount this time but I can’t imagine what it would look like for future trips. I’m sure max pass is only going to continue to increase as well as the regular price tickets. Such a bummer.

I love the convenience of MP so much that I still think it’s worth it. I especially love how I can sit in our hotel pool for our afternoon breaks and stack a ton for the evening when we return! I personally would give up something else in our budget to keep it, I just can’t imagine doing DL without it. 😂

I also have some physical hurdles with the amount of walking to begin with so anything to make that easier on me is worth it.

Thank you for this info! I just bought the last ticket we need for our March trip through Undercover Tourist and as of today (Thurs 2/13), they still had the old ticket prices available.

Anyone know why the UT tickets expire 1/12/21 but the ones on the DL website expire 1/12/22. Is this because UT's tickets are old stock?

FWIW I just got an email from aRes Travel indicating that they would keep selling at the lower prices until Feb 19th “or whenever we run out”.

My experience is LMTC is cheaper than aRes and UT which are cheaper than GetAwayToday and Tickets at Work, which are cheaper than Disney, but right now everything is in flux so checking everything is probably worth your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter