Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

This has been discussed in several threads. No one seems to understand why GAT recommends waiting. Yes, the number will change, but the app accounts for that and it happens on every ticket, not just those purchased through GAT and it's not a problem.
So have you purchased from them, and entered the ticket numbers ahead of time with no trouble? I would much rather already have them them attached before we go through the gate in case it's crazy and we're feeling nervous about ROTR...

So have you purchased from them, and entered the ticket numbers ahead of time with no trouble? I would much rather already have them them attached before we go through the gate in case it's crazy and we're feeling nervous about ROTR...
I haven't personally purchased from them in years because I've always found a better price, but there have been MANY reports on this board of others scanning tickets before entry and having no problems.

That’s why we purchased from UT . We knew that it was guaranteed , we could scan them into the app .
Got e-ticket’s , seconds after we placed the order . Then we were able to scan them into the DL app instantly . Worked perfect ! Now we know that our tickets are on the app with maxpass already attached , and we can play around with the ROTR boarding group procedure to make sure we know exactly how it works (and what procedure works best ) before we get into DL .

Been to a Madonna concert lately?

I think people should put these things into context. A few hours at a concert can cost hundreds as can a day tour to the Grand Canyon. For one attraction. There are around 100 attractions across DL/DCA and more on the way. Some would argue it’s great value.

I’m not denying it’s a expensive holiday but you do get what you pay for. You can always choose not to pay the price. My Christmas trip was my last one for a few years, if not ever. Still had a great time though.

I completely agree. I go to concerts as much as possible as I'm a big music nerd.

I spent $260 for 2 tickets to see my favorite band, 311, and Incubus this summer. In an outdoor amphitheater in July. In Phoenix. I just spent $252 for 2 tickets to see Foo Fighters in an arena. Both times I chose middle of the road tickets, not the best, not the worst. And I'll spend money on dinner out before the show, $20 on parking, $20 on a beer, and $35 on a t-shirt.

I bought my tickets through get away today to lock in the 2019 prices. It’s been a while since I’ve used them and I do remember having to trade in the paper tickets for a hard ticket at the turnstiles etc. With BG’s still going on I’m nervous about wasting time attaching tickets to the app and such the first day in the parks since we only have two days. Can I get my official tickets the night before our first park day at the ticket booth and have them scanned in and ready?

Yes, you should be able to exchange at the ticket booths the day before. They are not first day of use until you scan through a turnstile, but you might as well mention that to the person at the window. The problem is, they close many ticket windows at night and this can result in long/slow lines as people are adding days and upgrading to APs. I have seen recommended that mid-late afternoon is best. That matches what I have seen in the past.

You can also exchange at the three DLR hotels if checking in there; unless something has changed which of course they do often.

I agree with above, you can scan tickets in ahead of time. GAT language is goofy/conflicting, even in the same paragraph:

"Proceed directly to a park entrance and present your ticket(s) or have them scanned from your mobile device that
has Internet access. You will not need to wait in Will Call or Ticket Purchase queues. 2) You will be granted admission
to the park after your valid ticket has been scanned and voided. 3) Please do not upload tickets to the Disneyland app
prior to your arrival. You will need to wait until you are given the ticket upon entering the park as the number will
change."

I completely agree. I go to concerts as much as possible as I'm a big music nerd.

I spent $260 for 2 tickets to see my favorite band, 311, and Incubus this summer. In an outdoor amphitheater in July. In Phoenix. I just spent $252 for 2 tickets to see Foo Fighters in an arena. Both times I chose middle of the road tickets, not the best, not the worst. And I'll spend money on dinner out before the show, $20 on parking, $20 on a beer, and $35 on a t-shirt.

This really isn't the point of the thread, but I'm still not sold on this being a great comparison. When you're at the concert, are you fighting with 50,000 other people for a seat/access to the entertainment? To guarantee on-demand access to attractions at DL you need to pay $3000 for a VIP tour. Do you have to wait in line in between each set? Do you have to get in line at 5am to *maybe* get to listen to their brand new song? Would you pay that money for a 4 year old to go to a concert?

We will probably still pay it, because we can, but I feel bad for people that are saving for years to bring a family to DLR and it just gets more and more crowded and sometimes is just not a great experience. I know a decent number of families who have made the mistake of going at certain times, and it was awful, and they'll never go back - said the crowds made it absolutely not worth the money. And I have to say, paying $700/day for my family, knowing that money could go towards a more relaxing/exotic/interesting vacation kind of makes me feel meh about the whole thing. Not to mention the lack of parades/etc as of late. I have always said I would support a high enough price increase if it had a drastic effect on crowds, but it seems that what we continue to have is just a price increase and a lesser experience.

I had my UT tickets to purchase in my cart waiting since late last night, early this morning and was waiting thinking I had time to purchase. Now my cart is cleared and theres a message saying UT is updating their prices on tickets 😢 Should have just bought them last night 😡

I had my UT tickets to purchase in my cart waiting since late last night, early this morning and was waiting thinking I had time to purchase. Now my cart is cleared and theres a message saying UT is updating their prices on tickets 😢 Should have just bought them last night 😡
Have you checked with Last Minute Travel? I got a great price from them last week.

I am guessing this is at formerly Desert Sky Formerly Cricket Pavillion? (No idea what it's called now.. but thankfully the next concert I'm attending there is in October!)

omg - i just posted in another group asking if i should wait or not :(

GAT sells etickets now.
I haven't personally purchased from them in years because I've always found a better price, but there have been MANY reports on this board of others scanning tickets before entry and having no problems.

I tried to scan them into the app and it didn’t work. I’ll try manually entering the numbers. If not I’ll go exchange them the afternoon before our first park day at the ticket booth

edit- manually entering the number didn’t work either

I have you beat.... $329 for Premium AP w/parking in ~2005! I still have that thing 😂

EDIT: okay found them, so many good memories (and prices! lol) 🙂
View attachment 475233

Yes! I remember those days! That’s also when Disney had the stroller pass which could be added for the year. It was amazing when we had our first kid and could just pop on and off the tram, grab our stroller for the day, and then be in the parks quickly. Miss those days of relative reasonable prices for sure (not the kid in stroller though)!

I tried to scan them into the app and it didn’t work. I’ll try manually entering the numbers. If not I’ll go exchange them the afternoon before our first park day at the ticket booth

edit- manually entering the number didn’t work either

I just scanned GAT printout barcode and it validated right away. Is your DL app out of date? Maybe try updating?

Yes! I remember those days! That’s also when Disney had the stroller pass which could be added for the year. It was amazing when we had our first kid and could just pop on and off the tram, grab our stroller for the day, and then be in the parks quickly. Miss those days of relative reasonable prices for sure (not the kid in stroller though)!

Stroller pass? What is that?

I remember when Disney Visa card holders got free strollers to use for the day, while supplies lasted, at DLR.

Stroller pass? What is that?

I remember when Disney Visa card holders got free strollers to use for the day, while supplies lasted, at DLR.

The stroller pass was an option that could be added to an AP at the time of purchase just like adding parking. It was not pricey at all for the entire year, and it made life easy peasy when we just had one kid. Upon arriving at the parks we’d just show our pass, they’d bring us a stroller, and then we were good for the day.

Disney unfortunately did away with it pretty quickly, and it was no longer an option even before our second was born. I definitely missed the stroller pass once I had to start wrestling the Sit N Stand we used for the two littles onto the tram, but I was way too cheap to actually pay the day fee for a stroller rental. 😆

Okay, I need ideas... sad, perhaps, but we've never managed to figure out other vacation ideas that sounded equally fun and worth the expense and effort for the entire family, so Disneyland is the only family vacation we've ever done! I'd love to know of other fun family adventure vacation ideas for people that love Disneyland! Any suggestions...???

Knott's Berry Farm. Extremely affordable admission and annual passes rates, with optional parking add on pass. Also meal and drink plans that are super priced in affordability. All of these things that Disney does not offer. I personally extremely dislike the fact that there's no parking included in the deluxe AP.
Have you tried Mrs Knott's chicken dinner? The restaurant is just outside the park. The parking is across the street. It's a short walk to the entrance to the park and the restaurant too. I love also their annual boysenberry festival. Starts in March runs through April. I highly recommend it plus purchasing their tasting pass. It's well worth the cost, which also in my opinion, is very reasonable.
Check out their website when you have a chance to do so. They also have an app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter