READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, rteetz, for keeping up the chart! It would be illuminating, if possible, to track the time that the initial BG fills going forward (as well as, less importantly, the number that begins the backup group).

This is the only process that makes any sense at all.

The old way would just lead to people going earlier and earlier.

Honestly the times should be randomized as well.

Lastly, why not have a system where you can make an ADR (ARR?) for the ride, a certain percent would be available, a certain percent free each hour, and allow walk ups. You could even cancel an ARR (LOL) if they did not tap in by noon?
If they allow walk ups at this juncture you'd have 9 hour lines, which I think is the reason that Disney is using (temporarily) the VQ system at all.

I was going to share my story with this thread until it got altered. Now even less on topic. So put it here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...iting-dhs’-swge.3751432/page-24#post-61352245
As for the rule change, meh. I think it would be better to still open VQ as soon as you tap in to reward those that get there first, but hold people on Hollywood Blvd until offical open. The mass of people is definitely a safety issue.

It will be interesting to see how this affects wait time getting into the park just prior to the 6am/7am/8am VQ opening bell. I probably wouldn't plan to arrive at the gate after 6:50 if I really wanted a chance at an early BG. That said, initial BGs should still remain available for 30 mins after official open, although there's room for that to change for the big week between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Is it weird that I'm likely to get nostalgic for the previous thread?

But thanks for setting up the new thread with the new information! I'm generally happy that when we're there in January, we won't necessarily need to show up at 5 for an 8am opening (though regular rope-drop procedures still seem like a good plan).

Is it weird that I'm likely to get nostalgic for the previous thread?

But thanks for setting up the new thread with the new information! I'm generally happy that when we're there in January, we won't necessarily need to show up at 5 for an 8am opening (though regular rope-drop procedures still seem like a good plan).
I'm betting that the 8am scheduled openings for early January will move to 7am but we'll see.

Last edited:
Oooh baby! First page 😃 look at me go.

Thanks for starting a new thread with fresh info. I will miss the old one though 😢

🤣 (@PolyRob - get in here brother!)
Thanks for the tag, the first thread was definitely epic! I am excited to be here as well to follow what is happening for the Spring. I am also happy that Disney has finally made official communication about the process. Hopefully it works out smoothly coupled with the higher BG number reached today for the busy holiday season!

Agree, but let’s be real nobody who was in the know enough to show up at 4 AM would have believed them anyways.

U got that rite. The people that hate getting up early were nonstop complaining about it's unfair that Disney opens earlier than the official posted opening and the people showing up early saying hey, if ur not willing to show up early and take a chance then u got no rite to complain. Then all of sudden Disney decides to hold to their official time and the same people saying it's ok for Disney to open early and it's worth the risk are now saying it's not rite Disney didn't open before their posted time and they had to wait longer..lol..If we learned anything from this its people are going to complain no matter what, some people u just cant satisfy. More people need to watch Imagineering and maybe then they'll have more respect and compassion for the workers and what they all actually do for everyone.

I don’t know how I feel about this... I spent HOURS convincing my family to get up at 4:30am with me tomorrow! Right after I got them on board, it turns out my hard work was for nothing! :faint:

On the bright side...more sleep for me! HS opens at 7am tomorrow so I’m planning on arriving between 6 and 6:30

In my most paranoid, crowd-fearing nightmares, I never thought that a thread like this would become necessary. How to jump through hoops and (maybe) ride ROTR once or (if you`re lucky) twice.

I don’t know how I feel about this... I spent HOURS convincing my family to get up at 4:30am with me tomorrow! Right after I got them on board, it turns out my hard work was for nothing! :faint:

On the bright side...more sleep for me! HS opens at 7am tomorrow so I’m planning on arriving between 6 and 6:30
Please let us know tomorrow: (a) what time you arrive; and (b) what time you get through the tapstiles (along with the usual BG results). We will be curious how long entering takes with more guests possibly arriving at the same time.

Last edited:
Thanks, rteetz, for keeping up the chart! It would be illuminating, if possible, to track the time that the initial BG fills going forward (as well as, less importantly, the number that begins the backup group).
Its not as easy seeing the exact times for that now. The chart does show the number of regular groups and then anything after that number would be back up so for example 107-122 were yesterdays back up groups.

Good luck tomorrow! I would probably still be a little paranoid that people will get there really early and want to make sure I was also in the park with plenty of time to "refuel with Starbucks and look at the tree" like the video suggested. I hope you get a BG that works well for your touring plan!

Its not as easy seeing the exact times for that now. The chart does show the number of regular groups and then anything after that number would be back up so for example 107-122 were yesterdays back up groups.
Yeah, I guess we will need to rely on in-park reports to hear how fast the initial BGs are booking. Seems to me that they were still filling today around an hour after the tapstiles open. The good news is that we're getting through more backups now.

Last edited:
As long as everyone who’s in the park at opening can get a BG, this does seem the most logical solution. Putting aside Xmas week, when all bets are off, the big issue I see would be if they do get to a point where people in the park at rope drop cannot get a BG and do not have hoppers, I’d suspect they’ll want to go to a different park instead. Curious to see how guest services handles that if it happens.

Please let us know tomorrow: (a) what time you arrive; and (b) what time you get through the tapstiles (along with the usual BG results). We will be curious how long this takes with more guests possibly trying to enter at the same time.

Will do! I’ll keep you updated on everything!

Good luck tomorrow! I would probably still be a little paranoid that people will get there really early and want to make sure I was also in the park with plenty of time to "refuel with Starbucks and look at the tree" like the video suggested. I hope you get a BG that works well for your touring plan!

Oh I forgot there was a Starbucks there! I’ll just tell my family Starbucks is on me if they head out early anyway tomorrow :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter