• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best plan of attack after getting into a boarding group? We've never been on Smuggler's Run, so we were thinking Slinky Dog first, then head into Galaxy's Edge.

What's the best plan of attack after getting into a boarding group? We've never been on Smuggler's Run, so we were thinking Slinky Dog first, then head into Galaxy's Edge.

That is going to be our plan as I read at times on here there is a mad rush to Smuggler's Run and then seems to die down a little so would do SDD first then to MFSR .... But as mentions SDD is not running - so would probably just get on the long line for MFSR now

We got to the park around 6:40, through bag check by 6:50 and tapped into the park at 7:04 using the keep to right tactic. Ended up with boarding group 57, which works really well for us.

I was able to get us into a boarding group almost immediately once we had tapped into and walked about 50 feet into the park (party size of 2).

Now back to the hotel to finish getting ready for the day, breakfast at whispering canyon, and probably back to Hollywood Studios for the day after that.

Took Skyliner at AOA at 6:57.
Got to Hollywood studios near 7:10.
Tapped in and got boarding pass for 3 at 7:20.
Got BG 86. Family right in front got BG 85.
Smugglers is like a 120min wait at 7:27.

On Sunday we did the 5:20am uber and got BG 27 near 6:40am.

Skyliner was terrific and smooth if you don’t mind the later BG.

Left Swan on boat at 536
Through security 546
Through tapstiles 634
BG 25 - my DHs app loaded before mine
Rope dropped SR waited about 15min
BG are moving faster than yesterday

BG called 45 minutes earlier

Last edited:
Got to park at 6:42. In line by 6:47. Thru tap styles by by 6:59. And got boarding group 29. Went to toy story land to Slinky Dog closed to technical difficulties.
Wow -- timed it close! Well done. Everyone keep posting your arrival + entry times. Today it looks like its taking on average around 15 mins to get through the line (once the tapstiles are open) +/- 5 mins depending on bag check.

Last edited:
If I can ask something slightly OT, anyone there today, can you look in some of the shops at HS and see if they have the Rise of Skywalker LE Magicbands out yet? Was hoping they'd sell them yesterday since it was last day for my AP before blackout, but may try to head to Disney Springs if they are out.

Took Skyliner at AOA at 6:57.
Got to Hollywood studios near 7:10.
Tapped in and got boarding pass for 3 at 7:20.
Got BG 86. Family right in front got BG 85.
Smugglers is like a 120min wait at 7:27.

On Sunday we did the 5:20am uber and got BG 27 near 6:40am.

Skyliner was terrific and smooth if you don’t mind the later BG.
Interesting that they were at BG 86 at 7:20, only 20 min after BGs opened and that BG are still available at 8:20. Either they are giving out a higher number of BGs than ever, or demand has slowed considerably in the past hour.

8:15 bg full backup bg into effect
I think this is about 30 mins later than yesterday. Looks like AP blackouts are having an effect on park attendance today. Anyone have an opinion on overall crowd levels at DHS comparing 12/18/19 and 12/18/18, for example? Is DHS carrying a higher load of overall WDW traffic since RotR opened?

I'm a bit confused by the back up BGs. So they have a certain number of BGs they think they'll be able to get through in a day and then there are extras in case those move quickly? When you get your BG do you know if you got a regular or back up BG?

On the chart it lists the # of BG and the BGs reached. If the BGs reached is higher than the # of BGs, does that mean the extras were back ups?

I'm a bit confused by the back up BGs. So they have a certain number of BGs they think they'll be able to get through in a day and then there are extras in case those move quickly? When you get your BG do you know if you got a regular or back up BG?

On the chart it lists the # of BG and the BGs reached. If the BGs reached is higher than the # of BGs, does that mean the extras were back ups?
Correct. And yes, you know when you sign up for your BG if it is a backup. For example, you can look at your MDE from home right now and see the message that the initial BG distribution is complete. When you click Join Boarding Group, you will get a popup saying that the BG you are about to get is only valid if there is capacity after the initial BGs complete, which lately there has been.

Have all the backups been boarding the past few days? I think a lot of them have been.

Last edited:

The app says see below for estimated wait and then explains the backup process.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 7.24.14 AM.jpg

Staying at Wilderness Lodge starting tomorrow. I know it is never certain for bus times, any clue what time buses will start? Ideally would be to catch bus around 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter