Riviera murphy bed fell off of the wall

I want to know how the queen sized bed fell down. Just trying to pull down the bed was difficult for my wife. Did they try and adjust the tension to make the beds come down easier?

I just got done with 3 nights sleeping on the pull out couch and I would gladly take the pull down murphy couch over the pull out couch. I ended up not pulling out the bed at AKL and just slept sideways on the couch.
Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of details on how this happened and I'm assuming after the initial posting of the event, disney legal got to that family quickly so we may not hear anymore. Maybe the bed didn't latch fully when put back up. Maybe the beds in the value resorts are a little better supported since the table bottom extends out further than a couch. I'm kind of surprised those beds don't have feet near the end of the bed with all the weight of those things. It does appear to be more of a mechanical issue with the bed's design than the installation like the trundle beds. I don't expect disney to give us any hints on the source of the problem.....

Sorry I forgot to update here. This is the second night my kids are spending in the Queen Murphy aka Giant Bed of Death (1br at RIV) and they are doing fine.

it took some work for DH and I to get the bed down last night, and at least for the bed in our villa, there was no way anything was coming down from sitting or even jumping on the couch.

I rounded down cause I didn’t want anyone to say I was exaggerating and being dramatic! I was also too lazy to check rates and knew there was a really good Disney visa offer but couldn’t remember if that started now or in Jan. It still blows my mind that they charge so much more for these rooms than those on crescent lake that are walking distance to the park.

I think Disney doesn't expect to sell a lot (if any) rooms at full rack rates at DVC resorts. It's not onyl RIV, but for every DVC rooms rates are really expensive. It's easier to show savings and shorter ROI when rack rates are so high.

We just checked out of RIV this morning after a 3-night stay in a 1-bedroom. My DS12 slept in the larger murphy all three nights with zero issues. I also "inspected" the smaller murphy bed in our room and it was very, securely attached to the wall. Hopefully all of the beds have been inspected at this point and there won't be any other issues. My DS12 felt the pull-down murphy was far more comfortable than other DVC, 1-bedroom sofa beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter