Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, last Thursday the cancellation emails started around 10:30am ET so we are T-minus 13 hours from the start of the next round of Sadness and Disappointment :( Those are the characters at the EPCOT ImageWorks Pavillion right? It's been so long I don't remember anymore, but I'm pretty sure that's their names 🤔😬
I was just trying to move my reservation around and the site keeps giving me errors. I was worried something was up!

In other news, last Thursday the cancellation emails started around 10:30am ET so we are T-minus 13 hours from the start of the next round of Sadness and Disappointment :( Those are the characters at the EPCOT ImageWorks Pavillion right? It's been so long I don't remember anymore, but I'm pretty sure that's their names 🤔😬
The characters Anger and Disgust are the two that come to mind tonight.

I'm picturing Disney like the older sibling. They paved the way and are their families pride and joy. Lot of expectations the younger sibs don't have, but they can handle the responsibility. In my head Universal and Seaworld are chomping at the bit to impress "mom and dad". Universal is like LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I'LL PRESENT MY AWESOME OPENING PLANS FIRST!

...Just me? :upsidedow

Universal is definitely the Jan: Disney, Disney, Disney! .... It's always all about Disney!

And Fun Spot is Cousin Oliver

I was just trying to move my reservation around and the site keeps giving me errors. I was worried something was up!
In June? Disney hasn't been allowing modifications or new bookings for June for almost 2 weeks now. For me that was the first major sign that June was probably a lost cause...but I'm still hanging in there with my 6/8 checkin...knowing there's basically no chance lol.

hibguysb! Assuming the parks open by Mid June or July.. do we think Epcot WILL open
By mid July ? I don’t see why not. Can’t American cats members fill in in some countries temporarily? I heard rumors a few weeks ago epcot may not open for a while, and I am PRAYING that’s wrong!!

just wondering if anyone else heard this rumor!

Sea World said they would need 3-4 weeks to get everyone re-hired, trained,scheduled and back once the plan is approved. They are much smaller than Disney. If July 1 has a chance seems like they need to get a plan submitted and approved ASAP

Last edited:

hibguysb! Assuming the parks open by Mid June or July.. do we think Epcot WILL open
By mid July ? I don’t see why not. Can’t American cats members fill in in some countries temporarily? I heard rumors a few weeks ago epcot may not open for a while, and I am PRAYING that’s wrong!!

There have been lots of rumors that some parks may open earlier than others, but it is all speculation. There has been nothing reported by Disney at this point. Since Epcot is my favorite park, and I spend a lot of time there, I am hoping it’s not true.

Sea World said they would need 3-4 weeks to get everyone re-hired, trained,scheduled and back once the plan is approved. They are much smaller than Disney. If July 1 has a chance seems like they need to get a plan submitted and approved ASAP
SeaWorld said they could reopen in June when Pence asked.

SeaWorld said they could reopen in June when Pence asked.

Yeah could be late June if they get it approved relatively soon, no doubt Sea World could open in June but its not June 1. I didn't say they couldn't open in June, no need to panic. It could be later on in June we see Sea World open. They are smaller than Disney in every sense. Re-opening sea world is relatively small compared to Disney World.

Here is the quote from Sea World in that meeting:
"From the time we get the approval, it's a couple weeks 2-3-4 weeks to ramp up, get our employees back, and get everything back in there"

Why is everyone thinking the teams will use resort hotels? The teams could easily secure properties outside of WDW and isolate from the other guests. I dont see a conflict with holding games and resorts/parks being open.
I was under the impression that the whole reason for using WDW is the bubble. They can create a quarantined area for players and families to live and complete the season with a minimal number of people entering or exiting the bubble. Staying offsite defeats that entirely.

Yeah could be late June if they get it approved relatively soon, no doubt Sea World could open in June but its not June 1. I didn't say they couldn't open in June, no need to panic. It could be later on in June we see Sea World open. They are smaller than Disney in every sense. Re-opening sea world is relatively small compared to Disney World.

Here is the quote from Sea World in that meeting:
"From the time we get the approval, it's a couple weeks 2-3-4 weeks to ramp up, get our employees back, and get everything back in there"
I watched it live. He did say June, and didn’t specify what part of June. So many are saying end of June which isn’t what he said. Doesn’t really matter to me when they open other than I want Central Florida’s economy back on track.

Welp I officially don't understand any of this NBA stuff. They will host and it might bump other guests out of their reservations? Is that correct? If yes, darn. If no, carry on.

:rolleyes1
I think it's more likely those guests will be relocated to another resort. It utilizes capacity by filling more rooms and allows for guest transportation to be more controlled (only coming and going to a limited number of places).

I envisioned cats just roaming the whole place. Long queues for rides and food, angry people, nothing getting done, and the cats in charge just being everywhere doing what cats do.

That quote also included “ sometime in June” at the end. He didn’t specify when in June, but he did say June. Approval will likely be near instantaneous - no one will delay it, it’s virtually a rubber stamp. If they submit plans on Friday and it took 2 weeks, that’s early June. So it could be early June, could be just as he said...sometime in June.

I have alot more faith in the state of Florida and orange county than to think they will rubber stamp a plan of public health this important!! They can't approve a plan the day it's submitted or not even giving any feedback or have any changes made. That would be an absolute scam and meaning they they don't care about peoples safety and just want to open. I have much more faith in Orange county and the state of Florida both of which have to approve that.
I know they willl actually read and analyze this plan and not "rubber stamp it".

I have alot more faith in the state of Florida and orange county than to think they will rubber stamp a plan of public health this important!! They can't approve a plan the day it's submitted or not even giving any feedback or have any changes made. That would be an absolute scam and meaning they they don't care about peoples safety and just want to open. I have much more faith in Orange county and the state of Florida both of which have to approve that.
I know they willl actually read and analyze this plan and not "rubber stamp it".
We obviously don't know what the plans are but all 3 major theme parks have had a representative and a presence in both the county and the state task force. Both task forces have presented recommendations already, you can read the Florida state one, which is the one DeSantis is using as a guide for reopening the state. So it wouldn't need that much time to approve since both government agencies have had these guidelines for weeks now
There may be some tweaks in each park but they have agreed it would be all very similar to not confuse the visitors that visit multiple properties during their stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter