RuPaul's Drag Race Season 2 starts tonight!

When is Santino going to "sashay away"?

Not soon enough! I'm pulling for Pandora also, but I have a feeling she is not what they are looking for! Quite sadly, I can see Tyra winning this.....:sad2:

Add me to the list of Tyra haters.

My girl Raven needs to get taken down a peg, but I still think she's a shoe in to win.

I've seen Nina Flowers mentioned a couple of times. No one this season comes anywhere near her level of awesomeness. She was one in a million!

tyra has to go:mad:

i'm still pulling for Pandora and Raven. Not sure if Pandora has the spark they are looking for but totally enjoy her.

So glad that Pandora and Raven did so well this week.

Personally, I don't know what the judges see in Jessica Wild . . .

I felt so bad for JuJuBee! I like her, and she definitley biffed it big time on this challenge.

Tyra needs to go! She was AWFUL! Worst one out there this week! And she SOOO needs to get over Beyonce!

So glad that Pandora and Raven did so well this week.

Personally, I don't know what the judges see in Jessica Wild . . .

I felt so bad for JuJuBee! I like her, and she definitley biffed it big time on this challenge.

Tyra needs to go! She was AWFUL! Worst one out there this week! And she SOOO needs to get over Beyonce!

In the words of Ru herself----an I get an "amen" up in here?! :thumbsup2 I agree with every single thing you said here and have nothing to add!!

Traveling so I didn't get to watch last night. Just caught up on logo website. Tyra was horrible (the Beyonce obsession is way too much). I thought Pandora was great. Jessica Wild is good for "comedy drag" I suppose. Felt bad for Jujubee. Sorry RuPaul - love ya but the song you forced the girls to sing was not good! Would be nice to try a non-rupaul song (how about something from Berlin as Terri Nunn was guest judge).:happytv:

I also just got caught up, the show and untucked.

I'm starting to like Jessica....not sure why, but she is funny!

If Tyra doesn't go next week....there is no justice!

(Rob, does she perfom at the PH on a regular basis?)

Traveling so I didn't get to watch last night. Just caught up on logo website. Tyra was horrible (the Beyonce obsession is way too much). I thought Pandora was great. Jessica Wild is good for "comedy drag" I suppose. Felt bad for Jujubee. Sorry RuPaul - love ya but the song you forced the girls to sing was not good! Would be nice to try a non-rupaul song (how about something from Berlin as Terri Nunn was guest judge).:happytv:

Yeah i have to be honest...it seems like SEVERAL of the challenges or episodes have tried really hard to feature some of Ru's more recent music (didn't they lipsync to "don't be jealous of my boogie" at one point, which is also always played during the closing credits....and they did their burlesque to "tranny chaser" or something like that).....and unfortunately I just don't think ANY of Ru's recent tracks are very good at all! :rolleyes:

So all you folks from Orlando-----is Tyra blowing up there? Like are they making a big deal out of her being on the show or no? Pandora's HUUUGE here-----news stories in the gay and mainstream press, on TV, etc. and one of the bars where she works opens up on Monday nights now (they're usually closed, as are many bars) and they do a quick drag show, featuring Pandora (of course) and some other queens, project the show while it airs up on a big screen and then after the program the queens do another show and Pandora does a brief Q&A about that week's episode (without, obviously, releasing any spoilers for future weeks). It's very past my bedtime :-)happytv:) so I have never been but I heard she's been drawing a great crowd------of course, as biased as I am, I think Rochester has a bit more to be PROUD of in Pandora than Orlando does in Tyra-----but I was curious how the Orlando queer community has been since the show started.

So all you folks from Orlando-----is Tyra blowing up there? Like are they making a big deal out of her being on the show or no? Pandora's HUUUGE here-----news stories in the gay and mainstream press, on TV, etc. and one of the bars where she works opens up on Monday nights now (they're usually closed, as are many bars) and they do a quick drag show, featuring Pandora (of course) and some other queens, project the show while it airs up on a big screen and then after the program the queens do another show and Pandora does a brief Q&A about that week's episode (without, obviously, releasing any spoilers for future weeks). It's very past my bedtime :-)happytv:) so I have never been but I heard she's been drawing a great crowd------of course, as biased as I am, I think Rochester has a bit more to be PROUD of in Pandora than Orlando does in Tyra-----but I was curious how the Orlando queer community has been since the show started.

Mike, I've never heard of her EVER "peforming" at P-house (unless she's doing a private show in someone's room :rotfl2:).

I think she might be one of the drag queens that performs primarily at Revolution, but I've never been there, so I don't know.

tig, I've not seen any mention really. Of course it could be that we're all so ashamed of who we're stuck representing us.:rolleyes:

tig, I've not seen any mention really. Of course it could be that we're all so ashamed of who we're stuck representing us.:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao: Well that's kind of what I was getting at when I said I think we in Rochester have "more to be proud of" in Pandora! ;) If it's any consolation, one of Pandora's best friends (who used to own one of the most successful gay bars here in Rochester where Pandora really got her start in drag many years ago) is the owner/founder of the Voodoo Lounge in Ft. Lauderdale---which is apparently a really big and very popular/successful club that does drag shows on sunday nights. Pandora has frequently over the years been a guest performer there and, at one point, I think was even considering relocating permanently....so if you don't want to claim Tyra....you can HALF claim Pandora as a Floridian! ;)

I'll take half.. Pandora is great in my opinion.:cheer2::cheer2: I'm still pulling for Pandora and Raven but Jessica Wild is starting to get my attention. I felt bad for Sahara but i guess the challenges came in the wrong order for her.

I did some exhaustive research (in otherwords, I searched the local gay newspaper's online site). There are two mentions. One includes an interview with Tyra (she comes across even worse in print than the does on video. not just toxic attitude, but an idiot as well . . . )

She performs at Pulse. I've actually been there, but only once.

Orlando really needs a gay neighborhood and better bars. :headache:

Yayy!!! Pandora. I thought she was fantastic. Raven's actually growing on me a bit and I like Jessica.

I so thought Tyra should've gone, I know she had immunity but Raven should've had it and by all rights Tyra should be gone.

I'm surprised to hear Orlando doesn't have a gay neighborhood for a city that size. Of course neither does Rochester but for a small city we do pretty well with the gay community. Of course Rochester is kind of weird, it's very liberal and very conservative at the same time. I can't explain how exactly but it is.

'Til next week....

I'm surprised to hear Orlando doesn't have a gay neighborhood for a city that size. Of course neither does Rochester but for a small city we do pretty well with the gay community. Of course Rochester is kind of weird, it's very liberal and very conservative at the same time. I can't explain how exactly but it is.

THere's a great gay radio show on Fridays here in Orlando (www.thehomohappyhour.com). I chat with the host quite a bit on Facebook, and one thing we've talked about is the Orlando gay community.

The Orlando community is very..clique-ish. I think it has to do with the very transient population we have here in town.

Orlando has a lot of things going against it.

Mostly the town is divided into a few areas.

You have the park people, these are people who just move here to work for Disney, they live near the parks.

You have the seasoned Vet's....they live in the suburbs.

And you have the people who want to live "downtown"...close to the clubs.

The problem is the only good clubs are miles away from each other, and not really conducive to where anyone lives. And quite frankly, are not in the best part of town.

I too am ready for Tyra to go home. Cant.Stand.Her.

I'm a Raven fan completely.

I guess we're lucky to have the community that we have here in Dallas. A very distinct historical gay district with lots of bars, gay owned restaurants, coffee shops, stores. The area is changing and even growing a lot lately. Lots of condo's and new apt's which is bringing a new group of people, but they're all very gay friendly and love the atmosphere. Now there's a beautification project going on, adding cobble stone sidewalks, gas lights, park benches, archways. They even now have trade nights, sidewalk sales, stree art fairs. They're even seeing about bringing back the trolley cars back through the street.

I too am ready for Tyra to go home. Cant.Stand.Her.

I'm a Raven fan completely.

I guess we're lucky to have the community that we have here in Dallas. A very distinct historical gay district with lots of bars, gay owned restaurants, coffee shops, stores. The area is changing and even growing a lot lately. Lots of condo's and new apt's which is bringing a new group of people, but they're all very gay friendly and love the atmosphere. Now there's a beautification project going on, adding cobble stone sidewalks, gas lights, park benches, archways. They even now have trade nights, sidewalk sales, stree art fairs. They're even seeing about bringing back the trolley cars back through the street.

Zeit, I REALLY miss Cedar Springs! And Scott was living in West Hollywood before we moved here. Neither of us realized how much a centralized gayborhood really solidifies the gay community, even those who don't live in it.

They even now have trade nights.

I remember there being some nights with a lot of trade on the streets before, too. :rotfl2:

Orlando is sadly the little city that likes to think its a big city. I've been fortunate enough to travel and see some of the bigger cities and when i come back I crack up laughing when i hear them comparing themselves to real big citys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter