Saving space i nline

Samantha/NC

Mouseketeer
I know all about switching out for parents of small children, I want to know if people stand in line and "hold" spaces for other family members? Is this a problem? What about line breaking? We are going at the end of July and I know 2 things--it will be hot and crowded!!! :

I can honestly say, that I haven't seen people do that at Disney, maybe a few here or there but certainly not many. I don't know if people would be very happy about it, especially if it's hot and crowded. Fastpassing is always the best way to go.

I dont think that Wdw or any people in line would like "cutting" in line if you must.

Sorry, but unless you are in line and have a young child that has to go (if you know what I mean) saving spaces or cutting in line is a major no-no!

Everyone needs to wait there turn! :goodvibes

Thank you for the replies. I can not STAND line breaking :furious: and wanted to see if it was a major problem!! I think I have read some threads on here complaining about people holding spaces in line or just plain old line breaking.

So, if there are 4 members of your party and three are in line while one runs to get fastpasses for another ride, is that a big deal? I was thinking of doing this at Epcot when we go. I thought I'd get us fast passes for Soarin, while the others got in line for Turtle Talk. Last time, we rode Soarin and by the time we got out, the Turtle Talk line was never ending.

Marsha

I think if you have to ask the question you already know its a big deal. While it sounds harmless what happens if 25 parties ahead of you do the same thing? All of a sudden there are 25 extra people ahead of you in line. Some of those parties are bound to think why can't one person hold the space for the whole party while they get beverages...or ride another ride. My suggestion would be to have your party explore the Living Seas while you run next door to get your Soarin' fast passes. Then get in line as a group.

All of the times we have been to Disney we have seen people in front of us hold spots for other family members and it never bothers me. If they are already in line and someone joins them who cares if it is a party of 4 and turns into a party of 6. I have done it myself for bathroom breaks or fastpasses and I will continue to do it. It really isn't a big deal. We would never cut in front of anyone or be rude but if I am holding a spot and my husband runs to the bathroom he will join me in line when he's done. I think people have to relax and enjoy their vacations a little more. :cheer2:

I think that unless you have a very small child, or elderly person then line holding is a major no-no. The only other thime it is the least bit acceptable is if you warn EVERYONE behind you that the rest of your party will be coming back, AND if everyone agrees!

"All of the times we have been to Disney we have seen people in front of us hold spots for other family members and it never bothers me. If they are already in line and someone joins them who cares if it is a party of 4 and turns into a party of 6. I have done it myself for bathroom breaks or fastpasses and I will continue to do it. It really isn't a big deal. We would never cut in front of anyone or be rude but if I am holding a spot and my husband runs to the bathroom he will join me in line when he's done. I think people have to relax and enjoy their vacations a little more"

This is cutting, and people can't relax and enjoy their vacations if people like you are cutting. Hope you're not going in July, because I have a very big mouth and have no problem calling you out----- and my expereince has ALWAYS been as soon as ONE PERSON calls you out, everyone behind them in line finds their tongue and agrees....loudly. So good luck with that.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS BEHAVIOR AND SEE IT------------- DON'T BE TIMID---- SAY SOMETHING. THOSE AROUND YOU *WILL*AGREE WITH YOU, THEY WERE JUST BEING TIMID TOO. IT ONLY TAKES *ONE* NOT TIMID PERSON TO STOP THIS BEHAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!! SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND THESE LINE CUTTERS WILL HAVE NO CHANCE.

The only times I have encountered real problems with it has been when the park has a large number of people from Brazil visiting. I'm sorry if this is offensive to someone, but I have been to WDW about 3 times when there were large numbers of Brazilians and there were many many rude line cutters in that group of visitors. I have no problem with someone letting their family members (a few..not a dozen) catch up with them in a line after a bathroom break or stopping to get a character signature, but when hoardes of people jump in line with friends or family repeatedly it is just WRONG! When it happened and someone said something to them they just acted like they couldn't hear or understand what was being said. Or in one instance they actually started making fun of the person that complained about their rudeness!

KarlaG4Kids said:
The only times I have encountered real problems with it has been when the park has a large number of people from Brazil visiting. I'm sorry if this is offensive to someone, but I have been to WDW about 3 times when there were large numbers of Brazilians and there were many many rude line cutters in that group of visitors. I have no problem with someone letting their family members (a few..not a dozen) catch up with them in a line after a bathroom break or stopping to get a character signature, but when hoardes of people jump in line with friends or family repeatedly it is just WRONG! When it happened and someone said something to them they just acted like they couldn't hear or understand what was being said. Or in one instance they actually started making fun of the person that complained about their rudeness!
That is exactly what happened to me this Christmas at KRR. A nice, young Brazilian couple was in line in front of us, being pleasant, passing the day with us (IN English), and all of a sudden, 3 of their family joined us. I mentioned politely that it wasn't fair to all the people behind us who waited in line to be set back by that many people, and suddenly they lost their English entirely. Two more showed up, then 3 more. I never saw people so upset, but with the crowds in the park that day, I guess the CMs had bigger issues on their hands than a few rude line cutters.
So, no, it is NOT okay to hold places in line...it is extremely inconsiderate (except for the aforementioned elderly, small child, other extenuating circumstance exceptions).
All of the times we have been to Disney we have seen people in front of us hold spots for other family members and it never bothers me. If they are already in line and someone joins them who cares if it is a party of 4 and turns into a party of 6. I have done it myself for bathroom breaks or fastpasses and I will continue to do it. It really isn't a big deal. We would never cut in front of anyone or be rude but if I am holding a spot and my husband runs to the bathroom he will join me in line when he's done. I think people have to relax and enjoy their vacations a little more
A husband or older child can know enough to "go" before the party gets in line together, and the rest of his party can wait for him. Better the family be inconvenienced than a whole line of people made angry, don't you think?

I'm with AlleyCat! Do not expect to get past me unless you went out past me with a very little child for the BR. I will say something and we will block you.
We did this at BTMR when 4 people wanted to join the 2 ahead of them (all adults or teens and wet from splash) We said no but the 2 in front were welcome to come thru and join them. Now I have allowed people to regroup near the beginning of the line 'cause occassionally as the line is forming people will get seperated.

For the Fastpass run what we do is one person will run for the passes as the rest of us walk to the next ride, sometimes even taking the kids to the bathroom and then meet at the start of the line- still saves a lot of time and energy.

I actually am not going to waste my time going back and forth with you on this subject but all I can say is I don't frighten from big mouth people. If a family member has to run to bathroom they will return and join me in line. You can yell all you want but you are not going to ruin my vacation. :cheer2:

My family always goes in line together. We waited in line and our son (2 at the time) needed to go to the potty and we all left the line and then we all came back. I hate when people cut in front of me and I will never do it to someone else. I don't actually yell at people but I do mentally yell. I don't get worked up but it is rude.

torinsmom said:
So, if there are 4 members of your party and three are in line while one runs to get fastpasses for another ride, is that a big deal? I was thinking of doing this at Epcot when we go. I thought I'd get us fast passes for Soarin, while the others got in line for Turtle Talk. Last time, we rode Soarin and by the time we got out, the Turtle Talk line was never ending.

Marsha

I'm sorry, I know a lot of you disagree on this but I call this good-planning. My DH and I do this as his legs are stronger and faster so I stay with our DD who will be 5 next month. We usually go get in line for another attraction and hold a spot for my DH. My DD and I are just not as fast as her legs are little and mine tire quite easily. So I apologize but I disagree that this is "illegal" line-jumping. To me it just means that we might be able to experience everything that we want to before our DD completely wears out for the day. Hey, for that matter when we go in the summer all of us tend to wear out quickly due to the heat etc. If someone wants to yell at us for letting my DH back in line then yell away and we will take it with dignity but stay in our place in line UNLESS Disney asks us to step back to the end of the line.
Sorry for disagreeing but we can't agree all the time can we?
Have a Disney Day, Renee

Not to mention the fact that most queues are quite narrow and passing a lot of people would involve some squeezing and bumping. This is what bothers me more than someone being ahead of me in line.

I don't yell they just do not get past me unless they are willing to physically assault me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter