Saving space i nline

Nope, I don't do this. We're a party of two, and the other member is my DD4. Social Services really doesn't like it when I let her roam around the park by herself, so she pretty much stays with me in line.

To lighten things up a tad:

If Rudey McRudington and his Rude family do an obvious cut (walk right up in front of you with no one contraversially saving their spot) Then do what we do...

Sing Loudly and repeat 3 times: "NO CUTS, NO BUTTS, NO COCO-NUTS!!!!" Hopefully, If done just right, they will hang their heads in shame and appologize and buy you dinner...

More likely, they'll snarl and glare, but it's very entertaining!!!!

We also could have our cam corder out like we're filming every precious second of our 40 minute wait and claim we'll have their sorry carcasses out of the park to be banned forever!

There is HUMOR in EVERYTHING...choose humor or get ulcers, you choose.

Just some thoughts...

I guess I make a distinction between saving a space in line for someone who temporarily leaves it, after having been in line for enough time to establish his or her spot, and saving a space for someone who didn't enter the line originally. In the case of the former, I assume someone leaves for a good reason--whatever that may be--and will return shortly and without extra guests.

I also mentally make allowances in terms of number of people, the type of ride/attraction and its loading, the make-up of the group, etc. For instance, I'm more likely to not think much of line-shifting in families with small children than I am for groups of young adults. [Although I feel guilty for admitting this. Ageism?] Or I'm less likely to care in continuous-loading rides than in the stop-and-load ones.

But, personally, once I get in line I stay in line, not only because I think it's the right thing to do but because my health (and bladder) permits me to. If that situation ever changes, I would hope that my fellow Disney guests would be gracious to me if I've been in line for a while. I remind myself of that possibility whenever I feel a bit grumpy. As for the rest of the line-saving stuff--getting food/drink, browsing, obtaining FPs, nope. I take care of those things before I get in line.

(And am I the only one who kind of likes lines, at least when they're not onerously long and those around you seem friendly/happy? I love meeting people in line!)

This is ridiculous--- unless there are 10 people in the family that comes rushing in the line- who cares.

i was all the way to the very front of the dumbo line and guess what!? my 4yr old niece HAD TO PEE! she could not wait- it was just her and i in line and DH was not going on- i told the CM i need to get out and THEY WERE THE ONES WHO TOLD ME SHE CAN GET BACK IN LINE WHEN SHE RETURNS! THEY TOLD ME TO STEP ASIDE! i tossed her over the railing to DH- and he tossed her back when she was done- and in we went- sorry!

AND as far as Turtle Talk- i stood in line while DH took her around b/c there is no way she would have waited all that time. again sorry!

PS- if you see me in line and YOU have to pee- i will hold your spot too! :sad2:

a) it's NOT line jumping
b) 95% of people do it
c) people who say they'd try to stop you won't in real life
d) nothing worse than an internet bully....
e) have fun, you won't have problems if someone joins you in line :thumbsup2

Fly me with Balloons said:
a) it's NOT line jumping
b) 95% of people do it
c) people who say they'd try to stop you won't in real life
d) nothing worse than an internet bully....
e) have fun, you won't have problems if someone joins you in line :thumbsup2

HEY WAIT! should i be singing your screen name to the theme of "fly me to the moon"?????? ;) :lmao:

maddhatir said:
This is ridiculous--- unless there are 10 people in the family that comes rushing in the line- who cares.

i was all the way to the very front of the dumbo line and guess what!? my 4yr old niece HAD TO PEE! she could not wait- it was just her and i in line and DH was not going on- i told the CM i need to get out and THEY WERE THE ONES WHO TOLD ME SHE CAN GET BACK IN LINE WHEN SHE RETURNS! THEY TOLD ME TO STEP ASIDE! i tossed her over the railing to DH- and he tossed her back when she was done- and in we went- sorry!

AND as far as Turtle Talk- i stood in line while DH took her around b/c there is no way she would have waited all that time. again sorry!

PS- if you see me in line and YOU have to pee- i will hold your spot too! :sad2:

I've been lurking and waiting for a voice of reason to post on this thread and I have found one...ITA... :worship:

As for the "what if everyone, blah, blah, blah" logic, what if everyone at WDW broke out in spontaneous singing of "it's a small world"?? :rotfl: :confused3

Just trying to add a little levity, folks..

Maddhatir, if you were in line in front of me, I would hold your spot if you had to pee...your "new spot" directly behind me..after all, one space makes a HUGE difference as to when i get on the ride. :rolleyes:

hrh_disney_queen said:
I've been lurking and waiting for a voice of reason to post on this thread and I have found one...ITA... :worship:

As for the "what if everyone, blah, blah, blah" logic, what if everyone at WDW broke out in spontaneous singing of "it's a small world"?? :rotfl: :confused3

Just trying to add a little levity, folks..

Maddhatir, if you were in line in front of me, I would hold your spot if you had to pee...your "new spot" directly behind me..after all, one space makes a HUGE difference as to when i get on the ride. :rolleyes:

hrh_disney_queen guess what? I would hold YOUR space in line even if you wanted to do a bit of shoppng! :love: .......... :rotfl:

hey and if everyone did break out in song all at once- i would be a little freaked out at first....but then i would join in! :thumbsup2

maddhatir said:
hrh_disney_queen guess what? I would hold YOUR space in line even if you wanted to do a bit of shoppng! :love: .......... :rotfl:

hey and if everyone did break out in song all at once- i would be a little freaked out at first....but then i would join in! :thumbsup2

and I would show you quite LOUDLY all the things I bought while you *gasp* held my place in line and share them with you, again quite LOUDLY and everyone would know that they would now have to give back that 5 second gain they made in line when I left in the first place....Oy...

Ok, everybody now...."It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... :crazy:

hrh_disney_queen said:
and I would show you quite LOUDLY all the things I bought while you *gasp* held my place in line and share them with you, again quite LOUDLY and everyone would know that they would now have to give back that 5 second gain they made in line when I left in the first place....Oy...

Ok, everybody now...."It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... :crazy:

:lmao:
well too bad we wont be in disney at the same time. if anyone else will be there in sept. feel free to butt infront of me....BUT only if you have a family member up there--- or else-- look out!

maddhatir said:
:lmao:
well too bad we wont be in disney at the same time. if anyone else will be there in sept. feel free to butt infront of me....BUT only if you have a family member up there--- or else-- look out!

:thumbsup2 Gotcha! Have a great time at MNSSHP, we went in 2004 and it was a blast!

HMMMM? do i hear crickets?

where did everyone go-- did they finally realize this is a waste of time even worrying about all of this small stuff?! :confused3

So, it is okay for one person to hold a spot for the whole family for a parade, but not okay for all but one of the family to hold a spot in line for the one getting a fast pass? Isn't that a little contradictory?

Marsha

torinsmom said:
So, it is okay for one person to hold a spot for the whole family for a parade, but not okay for all but one of the family to hold a spot in line for the one getting a fast pass? Isn't that a little contradictory?

Marsha

Of course it is. You see, people try to put their own subjective and every-moving views of morality into their own "Disney Laws".

Both are fine. Everyone needs to relax & enjoy the trip. If people spent more time worrying about themselves & their fun & less time worrying about what others are doing, they'd be more happy. :thumbsup2

Well, I don't plan on doing either at this point, but it just suddenly struck me as odd. I mean more people in front of you means you can't see the parade as well, and if you've been waiting an hour, it might be taken as rude to jump in front after riding rides, getting ice cream, etc.

maddhatir said:
HMMMM? do i hear crickets?

where did everyone go-- did they finally realize this is a waste of time even worrying about all of this small stuff?! :confused3

Hey, maddhatir, good to run into you again. I will be more than happy to save your place in line for a pee break. That is until my own wee one has to go! And for those wondering why this cannot be taken care of ahead of time, ask the kids. Because they don't have to go when you get in line, only when you get near the END of the line. I think their bladders are connected to some cosmic electromagnetic field that activates when they are in a line. And also when you get in the car and drive 10 minutes down the road.

If you need to get in line in front of me - go ahead. If you want to tell me you're meeting up with others or if you had to pee I don't care. No need for me to have an explanation. I don't need proof of either one. I'll even move out of the way for you to go by.

If I could only be there today, complaining about heat and line-breakers...what a wonderful world I would be in....Just wait Mickey! I'm coming to join you.... :car:
Seriously, linebreakers are a big ole pain in the butt..At least have the decency to comment on the fact and maybe apologize :confused3. If you were already in line and had to leave for emergency br break, that's one thing but for a fast pass..kinda tacky IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter