Scared of Indoor Dining

You realize 6 feet is arbitrary distance right? They had to pick a number. Unless someone coughs in your face, I wouldn't worry too much about one foot vs 12 feet.
Not true. There's actual evidence to the contrary. It's not arbitrary at all. It's why the major national and international health organizations are recommending it, and businesses. like Disney, are requiring it - all to reduce the risks associated with catching the virus.

Most of the time the Soarin queue is 10 minutes or less.
If you get caught indoors during a cleaning cycle the line stops moving for about 15 minutes. Happened to us. So there is a chance of being indoors for more than 10-15 minutes, but depends on timing.
Just to chime in to confirm this. We went twice on two separate days, once posted wait time was 10 minutes, next time 15 minutes. Both times actual wait time was over 40 minutes. I have no idea how they are calculating their wait times but it definitely does not seem to account for their cleaning procedures.

Not true. There's actual evidence to the contrary. It's not arbitrary at all. It's why the major national and international health organizations are recommending it, and businesses. like Disney, are requiring it - all to reduce the risks associated with catching the virus.
I just saw on GMA this morning that some professionals are saying 10' would be more effective. I also remember hearing that airborne particles can travel much further than that. I tend to think professionals chose 6' as a number that might make some difference while also being manageable in practice, but I don't think 6' is the magical number that acts as a wall to prevent the virus. There's still too many unknowns, variables, and day to day realizations that are changing things that have been communicated throughout the whole pandemic to say there's much evidence to support anything.

I dine out at home often. Most restaurants are very accommodating if there's a specific table in a location of the restaurant that may make you feel safer - be it at a larger table, one in the corner, one near open doors, etc. If you're seated somewhere at WDW where you feel uncomfortable, I would simply request to move tables for that reason or even be prepared to leave and dine elsewhere. I highly doubt they would impose the cancellation fee in an instance like that.

Yes, 6 feet is arbitrary in that it's really not conservative enough :( And on the other hand quarantine times of 14 days turned out to be longer than really necessary. So we have a few things backward and are not doing a very good job straightening ourselves out :(

Dining report for La Hacienda:

We had a 745 dinner reservation on Monday. It was empty. We were one of maybe 5 parties in there. One was seated 12+ ft away from us, the others were in other sections completely. Sections are divided by plexiglass and every other table is blocked off. The service was excellent and quick, our server was very attentive. I could tell he was a little freaked out to be near folks without masks (I would be too), so we were attentive to putting our masks back on when we could see him coming over to check on us. Check was in a paper folio. The food is just as good as ever, if not better. Portions were huge. Only thing I didn't like was the "welcome back" drink (Pink Popcorn). Way too sweet for a full glass, but it's fun. Otherwise in terms of safety, they have hand sanitizer right when you walk in at the hostess stand, the bathroom doors are propped open, and they gave us little sani wipes with the check. Wait staff had on masks and face shields, I can't remember if the hostess had a face shield, and there was a manager walking around too. The ceilings are so high in there and there were so few people that I wasn't as concerned about ventilation.

Dining report for La Hacienda:

We had a 745 dinner reservation on Monday. It was empty. We were one of maybe 5 parties in there. One was seated 12+ ft away from us, the others were in other sections completely. Sections are divided by plexiglass and every other table is blocked off. The service was excellent and quick, our server was very attentive. I could tell he was a little freaked out to be near folks without masks (I would be too), so we were attentive to putting our masks back on when we could see him coming over to check on us. Check was in a paper folio. The food is just as good as ever, if not better. Portions were huge. Only thing I didn't like was the "welcome back" drink (Pink Popcorn). Way too sweet for a full glass, but it's fun. Otherwise in terms of safety, they have hand sanitizer right when you walk in at the hostess stand, the bathroom doors are propped open, and they gave us little sani wipes with the check. Wait staff had on masks and face shields, I can't remember if the hostess had a face shield, and there was a manager walking around too. The ceilings are so high in there and there were so few people that I wasn't as concerned about ventilation.
We also had a wonderful experience at La Hacienda a week ago. Our server Miguel was awesome and we were the only table in the whole section/room, felt like VIP’s. We do not eat indoors at home but felt very comfortable at Hacienda due to the spacing and high ceilings, as well as the required temp checks to get into park. Also had excellent and safe-feeling indoor meals at the Wave, CA Grill, Trattoria al Forno, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose. At Via Napoli, we were the only people in the whole side patio room both times we visited! Great spacing at Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar as well with very few tables indoors (visited outside once too but no availability the second night).

We loved the outdoor seating at Nomad Lounge as well as at Abracadabar - we always opt for outdoor if it’s available, even in non-Covid times. We ate outside at STK and the tables were far apart but unfortunately all located directly under speakers blasting the DJ set from inside, which took away from the experience. We ate outside at Wine Bar George and that was also great, but didn’t love having to walk through the restaurant, past the bars and close to tables with people eating to get to the upper level terrace.

Our experience at Raglan Road was a little mixed; we were in a side room with a view of the stage. There weren’t any tables super close to us but there were a lot of people walking past our table throughout the meal and it felt quite busy.

Finally, we attempted to get a drink and snack at Kimonos around 11:00PM on a Saturday and it was just way too busy and felt like people were packed into that small space. There were also lots of people hanging out at the bar with no masks on, so we apologized to the hostess and left.

Overall very pleased with how Disney handled dining! We still won’t eat indoors at home until there is a vaccine, but wouldn’t hesitate to do it on our next Disney trip.

We also had a wonderful experience at La Hacienda a week ago. Our server Miguel was awesome and we were the only table in the whole section/room, felt like VIP’s. We do not eat indoors at home but felt very comfortable at Hacienda due to the spacing and high ceilings, as well as the required temp checks to get into park. Also had excellent and safe-feeling indoor meals at the Wave, CA Grill, Trattoria al Forno, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose. At Via Napoli, we were the only people in the whole side patio room both times we visited! Great spacing at Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar as well with very few tables indoors (visited outside once too but no availability the second night).

We loved the outdoor seating at Nomad Lounge as well as at Abracadabar - we always opt for outdoor if it’s available, even in non-Covid times. We ate outside at STK and the tables were far apart but unfortunately all located directly under speakers blasting the DJ set from inside, which took away from the experience. We ate outside at Wine Bar George and that was also great, but didn’t love having to walk through the restaurant, past the bars and close to tables with people eating to get to the upper level terrace.

Our experience at Raglan Road was a little mixed; we were in a side room with a view of the stage. There weren’t any tables super close to us but there were a lot of people walking past our table throughout the meal and it felt quite busy.

Finally, we attempted to get a drink and snack at Kimonos around 11:00PM on a Saturday and it was just way too busy and felt like people were packed into that small space. There were also lots of people hanging out at the bar with no masks on, so we apologized to the hostess and left.

Overall very pleased with how Disney handled dining! We still won’t eat indoors at home until there is a vaccine, but wouldn’t hesitate to do it on our next Disney trip.
Abracadabar has outdoor seating?

We did Skipper Canteen last night. Our reservation was for 655 (park close), so we had high hopes. It was more crowded than I thought. They tried to seat us at a table that was def not, or literally, 6ft from the next table. It was also right by the entrance so a lot of foot traffic. We asked to be seated elsewhere, and the skipper made a joke about "oh you want a romantic table" and I literally said to him "no, we don't feel safe" and then he turned the skipper off for a second, and we were put in a pretty remote spot, ~12+ ft from others. Our server was great. He could tell we were nervous (we didn't have the best day safety-wise at MK). At the end of the meal, he asked us how our day went, and we were honest with him. He agreed that it's other people that are ruining the safety, and reassured us that Disney is doing everything they can. I believe him. We asked if he feels safe, and he said yes, commenting on the company issued mask, face shield, cleaning procedures, and testing center nearby. That made me happy to hear.

Good news is food came out really quickly because of the lack of people in there. The food was great, as always! Huge portions - bigger than normal I'd say! And everything was hot and fresh. We ate kinda quickly and got out. We were there for maybe 50 mins total.

Forgive me if this was addressed earlier in this thread, but I’ve made my adr, but I want to request a table outside. Can I do that in advance?

Forgive me if this was addressed earlier in this thread, but I’ve made my adr, but I want to request a table outside. Can I do that in advance?
Only if you reserved a Disney Springs restaurant on Open Table; otherwise, you can just ask at the host/hostess desk when you arrive.

No, you would do that when you check in for the ADR. Check in a little early and be prepared to wait a little longer if needed. Which restaurant?

Has anyone eaten at Teppan Edo? We have a reservation there next week. Are they only seating you with your own party at the hibachi?

Has anyone eaten at Teppan Edo? We have a reservation there next week. Are they only seating you with your own party at the hibachi?

I haven’t, but I would guess it depends on the size of your party. You could safely seat two couples at the same table by putting them on either end.

We are at Teppan Edo last night. They are doing 2 parties maximum per table. They have a movable plexiglass divider that they put between parties at the same table

the divider is cut specifically for the table and it’s pretty big. We were there and felt safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter