Screaming children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by justhat
The selfish people want to experience joy too, and they do, despite the moments of tantrums. They also like seeing others experience joy, despite their tantrums which may affect others. I highly doubt anyone with a tantruming child thinks they are ruining anyone's vacation. And for most people they're right. I rarely meet anyone who came back from WDW saying their trip was ruined by screaming kids. Most people expect it to happen.

If they're selfish, maybe the find joy in seeing others suffer. If they are selfish, they they don't find any pleasure in seeing others experience joy. That's the definition of selfish. Selfish people, when encountering others that are experiencing joy, would resent those people just because they are enjoying themselves. And, if they are really mean, they would find a way to ruin those people's joy.

Selfish people think that it is unfair if someone else is happy when they are not.

I don't believe at all that someone with a child that is shrieking for the entire Mickey's Philharmagic show has no clue that they are affecting other's enjoyment of the show.

I have seem this happen yes - and most of the times the parents are just embassed - but if they leave the child soon learns that causes a sense in public will get him/her what they want to LEAVE.

remember that learning is something a child (and hopefully us adults as well) must go through.

sometimes the parents will use these scenes to make the child aware than other children don't act like that.

WDW is enough to put even an even tempered child in a panic - every where they look - there is something different - something to touch - even WDW veterans (like us) can completely be unaware of how much a child at WDW can get into and how fast.

Children get lost there - why the parents attention was on another child - or they lost something and was trying to find it - or some other person was talking to them. These aren't bad parents - just children who can't stand still.

Children at WDW can't be compared to other places. Children always try to get the adults to do what they want. This is not a good situation for the child, the parents or the other guests.

do you really think the child would try this at home? they know it would get them some down time - so they only cause trouble when they are out.

I have use the threat that if you don't start to behave now - we are going HOME - not the hotel HOME - I can do this because I will be back. It is not an empty threat.

People who are there for only once in a lifetime trip can't - they just can't afford too.

It is not a question of behavior - it is a question of money.

or that is how I see it.

Please if this bothers you that much - try leaving - you can come back - most of these guest can't.

of course too - I have also heard - generally the father - "we are staying - I don't care how you feel - I spend too much money on this trip - we are staying...."

On my May trip - I really felt for those kids - but it certainly wasn't their fault - some adults really need to consider whose vacation this is - if they still want to go - then fine leave the little ones at home - but then some parents won't leave their kids period. Are they surpose to wait until the kids are at least 10 to go to WDW?

however again you are blaming the wrong side of the argument.

write WDW a letter.

lfontaine - you didn't understand - the parents of the children who are upsetting everyone - would only get the free tickets if they LEAVE IMMEDIATELY - not when the park is closed.

If you want an adult only place - go to one.

WDW will never be an adult only.

Originally posted by lfontaine
Selfish people think that it is unfair if someone else is happy when they are not.

No, that is the definition of jealous. Selfish people want to be happy, but as long as there is enough happiness they don't care if others are happy too. However, I don't consider the parents of every screaming child to be selfish at all times, so I think they are capable of enjoying others happiness at times as well.

Originally posted by lfontaine
I don't believe at all that someone with a child that is shrieking for the entire Mickey's Philharmagic show has no clue that they are affecting other's enjoyment of the show.

If it were such a horrible disruption to the show, WDW would tell the family to leave the show. They want money and if all their guests are annoyed, they won't come back. I know if I have a ruined vacation, I'm not likely to go back. My husband hated the Disney cruise because we were in an expensive category 3 room and all we heard were people on the deck above us playing ping pong and running around the pool. We will be cruising with Princess cruise line this Dacember, not Disney. So if they thought screaming kids were a huge problem, they would stop them. Apparently screaming kids don't bother that many people since they haven't changed their policy. Like I said, it wouldn't bother me, I know kids can do those things so I wouldn't expect a silent show.

lfontaine - you didn't understand - the parents of the children who are upsetting everyone - would only get the free tickets if they LEAVE IMMEDIATELY - not when the park is closed.

SpiceyCat-I think that you don't understand...When is the cut off time for this.

Let's say the park closes at 8pm and the people in question have been at the parks since 8 am till 6 pm...That is 10 hours. Now let's say that the kids act up BIG TIME at 6:01 pm and Disney would have them leave right away. By your rules they would get free tickets to come back another day.

They have already had 10 hours at the parks and pushed their little ones to the point of exhaustion. NOW they would get REWARDED for doing so by getting FREE tickets...

:confused: :earseek: :confused:
Not very fair to the "responsible" family that went to the parks in the morning, left for a few hours to go for a nap or just down time in a quiet place (I have seen people napping or laying around in different places all over WDW) and then back again for a bit of evening fun.

Don't they deserve better. They had to leave the park but with your system, you would reward BAD BEHAVIOR...What is up with that.

My brother knows he can't push his 2 kids for 10-12 hours of excitement without ending up with cranky kids...He knows this and therefore takes measures to make sure he does his best for the kids. People know their kids before they leave.

I am not talking about a child who throws a little hissy fit when they don't get a toy or cry for a little bit...I am talking TANTRUMS. Throw yourself on the floor, screaming, fits of rage tantrums...

I have seen people totally ignore their kids and have a grand old time while their child ran around, hitting others, disrupting wait staff at restaurants and cause accidents that could have been severe. (Say a child run right into a server with 6 cups of hot coffee in his tray because the parents were too busy drinking to watch their child and then the parent blamed the WAITRESS for not watching the child...)
:mad:

You can't be serious about rewarding bad behavior. This is anarchy. I don't reward bad behavior here at home and asking WDW to do so is just plain idiotic. They would loose money hand-over-fist and as of now they have the right to ask anyone to leave.

Personal resposibility is what is being disussed here and saying that people leave their resposibilities at the door is a bad idea. Where will it end...

I think this thread has covered every aspect of the topic and I don't want to see it become a debate. I'm locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter