(semi spoiler alert) LOVED Toy Story III but can't figure out why

We saw it last night, and in the last scene, I had tears running down my face. I loved the movie, but it was quite heart wrenching too. No spoilers from me, everyone should get to enjoy it on their own.

I know what you mean. I saw it today the place was packed no extra seating. My family didnt even get to sit together. I cried twice. Once with the holding of hands at the end and then the toy sharing. I had to cry with complete strangers(teenagers) next to me. They probably thought I was a weird oh. But I couldnt help it. It was a great movie. I loved it and also agree with the meet n greet with Lotso. Kinda confused but will still go and get a pic tomorrow when we arrive.

DH and I can hardly wait to take the kids to see this movie! Will have to wait a few weeks, though. DS13 goes to camp next week and DD10 will be at camp the week after. They've made me promise not to go until the whole family can go together! :)

We went to see it tonight. Absolutely packed in there! Everyone was having a blast. The mom sitting next to me was sobbing right along with me at the end. And everyone applauded like crazy when it was over. Can't wait to see it again! Extremely well done. And I just wanted to reach through the screen and give Bonnie a HUGE hug she was so darn cute! :cutie:

We got back an hour ago it was definitely a great movie, maybe the best of all 3. It's the only series I've ever seen in which the movies get better with the next installment. :thumbsup2. Loved the closure with Andy and Woody a great story and another great Pixar movie :thumbsup2

My husband and I were both wondering why Lotso would be there for the meet and greet. We both thought Ken would be a better choice, cause he was lots of fun and had a complete change of attitude by the end of the movie! We, along with our two kids, adored the movie!

We can't wait to see the movie, soon! :) :cool1:

A few quick questions from you all that have seen it. I've read some posts that people felt the 3D wasn't worth the extra $ as they didn't have a lot of 3D features - would you agree?

Like many others, we re-purchased the Toy Story 1 and 2 DVD's when they were re-released and therefore earned the 2 free movie vouchers. Have any of you had any issues using them or are they part of the "no passes"?

Thanks in advance,
Heather

A few quick questions from you all that have seen it. I've read some posts that people felt the 3D wasn't worth the extra $ as they didn't have a lot of 3D features - would you agree?

Like many others, we re-purchased the Toy Story 1 and 2 DVD's when they were re-released and therefore earned the 2 free movie vouchers. Have any of you had any issues using them or are they part of the "no passes"?

Thanks in advance,
Heather

Totally agree with the 3D part - waste of money. Other than that the movie was great!

other than Muppet*Vision 3D, Disney/Pixar doesn't really use 3D for the effects. it's very subtle. that really shouldn't come as a surprise, especially after Bolt and Up, which was Pixar's first movie created with 3D in mind.

3D is a tool, not a gimmick, for them.

Thanks in advance,
Heather

I think the 3D is worth it - it isn't "in your face" or gimmacky as bradk says, but it does provide a level of richness that makes the movie more enjoyable IMO.

We saw it in 2D last night and LOVED it!
I too cried when they were all holding hands. We missed a little bit after that part for a potty break so I lucked out and missed the next sad part. LOL

My daughter is 4 1/2 and won't leave the 3D glasses on so we decided to see it in 2D and the place was packed!!!

We saw it yesterday in 3d. I thought it was totally worth it for the extra money.
I was surprised that Lotso was a villain.

I vote for Mr. Tortilla Head as a meet and greet character. That was hysterical.

Great, great film.

I think Big Baby as a meet and greet would cause many children to run. LMBO at Big Baby's half closed eye. Many dolls of mine growing up had one bad eye.

Thanks in advance,
Heather

Used my movie money on a midnight showing thursday night/friday morning, had no trouble.

You know, that's funny - we had a BIG group of guys only as well, probably 20 - 25 just college aged guys - at first I was like :confused3 - but, then I thought, wait, my boys are that age.............. and they grew up with TS - so, it made sense.

That was us - 5 people ages 25-30. The funny thing was last weekend I was at my nephew's 3rd birthday and he got a bunch of Toy Story stuff. He'd asked who characters were and I'd tell him. My sister made a comment how it was strange I knew all the characters but then needed to remind her I was 12 when the original came out.

I also think I need to get a Mr. Potato Head so I can make a Mr. Tortilla Head for my friend - he couldn't get enough of him

IBelieveInTheMagic said:
Thanks guys for letting me know your opinions about the 3D! :)

It's good to know the movie money worked too! :cool1:

Heather

saw it in imax 3D which I thought was worth the money. I find the 3D really adds a depth to the film, like you are a character in the movie right there alongside woody and the gang.

I'd say it's worth the money.

:confused3:confused3:confused3Lotso is the meet and greet character from the movie at DHS ??? He was the villian !! I know he had it rough, but still!!

If you think about it, all of the new characters introduced were villains. Although Ken and Baby (and the rest) become heroic at the end. Disney does not really have supporting role characters in the parks from their other films (besides the mice from Cinderella) which is why the toys from Bonnie's room were probably not considered. Also, they never used the villains from the first two movies (Sid and Stinky Pete).

There are lots of threads on DIS complaining that Disney does not do enough with the villains. The only regularly meeting villains is the Tremaine family. Hook, Smee, Jafar and Queen do show up randomly, but are not regulars.

In fact, the character at the parks is able to become angry (by shifting his eyebrows), but he was under strict orders not to do before the movie has come out. Dunno if he's doing it yet or not.

This rumor is not true. While it was initially discussed (and there are images where the angry eyebrows are in place) it was never followed through. Similarly, two days before his meet and greet started his tail had a squeaker... it was removed before his first day.

They could have rehashed some of the old characters as well. What about Mr. Potato Head? He would be fun.

Mr. Potato Head is out daily in the Block Party Bash.

I understand that other villans are in the parks, but the good guys are there too. None of the good guys from this movie are there- just Lotso. And my kids generally like the villans. They just don't like Lotso at all.

The good guys have a pretty big presence in the parks:
Woody
Buzz
Green Army Men
Jessie
Bullseye
Mr. Potato Head

The 3D Imax was $18.50 and I didn't want to pay that even though we had the free movie tickets from the TS1 and TS2 bluray DVD's. I'm glad to hear that some are saying it wasn't worth it. I was sort of regretting it that maybe I was just being cheap.

Anywhoo..loved the movie, cried at the end. But I did like Lotso more then I thought I would. I want one now! And my DS4 is named Andy and I'm Bonnie so that just got me all choked up too.

And my DS4 is named Andy and I'm Bonnie so that just got me all choked up too.

That would have done it for me, too. :)

I vividly remember taking my son plus nieces/nephews to see Toy Story 2 the day before Thanksgiving when it was first released. We all sat together in a row near the front. Now, all are in their 20s except my son, who is 16. Ah, memories. Time sure flies.

I saw it today for my birthday and LOVED it. I was just as witty and wonderful as the other ones. I love the Spanish Buzz. There were laughs and tears, it was everything I expected and more. I loved Ken and his fashion show. :lmao:
I was sad at Andy leaving for college because I have a son who just graduated high school and while he isn't going away for college, he is working and going to school near by and doesn't need me as much anymore. The end of this movie was just perfect and I teared up appropriately. :sad:
Oh yeah, my kids loved it too. :thumbsup2

I too was confused w/ the promotion of Lotso. He just seemed meaner than the other disney villians, but when I think about it he really wasn't. Maybe he just had too much air time on the movie of him being mean or his mean-ness was more real rather than the fantastical evil of Jafar or the Evil Queen from Snow White.

They had Lotso bears at the end of Buzz Spaceranger Spin and I was thinking "who would want to bring home a Lotso bear?" - not me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter