(semi spoiler alert) LOVED Toy Story III but can't figure out why

Saw the movie today and loved it!!! Lots of laughs.....and tears......

Lotso in the parks makes perfect sense to me. They've got Cruella Deville, Captain Hook, Jafar, The Evil Stepsisters and others. With so many of the characters we all know and love from Toy Story already at DS, adding Lotso as the one villain to the mix rounds everything out.

Can you think of another Disney villain who could use more hugs from lots of kids than Lotso?

We saw it today and loved it too. It was so sad for me b/c my oldest son is 10 and growing up and his favorite toy when he was a toddler was Woody - got it for his 1st bday and he had to take it to daycare even - his first sentences were "My Woody," and "Woody's hat," (yes, we cracked up each time he would talk about "his Woody"). At the end it just made me totally identify with a boy growing out of his toys but still loving them. I could cry right now just thinking about the fact my "baby" is not a baby any more ::sad: !

I totally did not notice the garbage man was the neighbor, but seems familiar so I've got to re-watch the original now!

Lotso for me was easy to identify with as the way most "bad guys" end up that way - they are abandoned at some point and left to fend for themselves - not everyone who is abandoned goes bad but some do - he reminded me of kids in foster care so much - they are angry for good reason after all the experience (sorry I work w/ kids in foster care but couldn't help but think of this). Bad guys were once innocent kids/toys too, but somewhere along they line they took a turn . . . it's so sad and happens a lot in the real world. By the way - If you feel bad for the Big Baby - look in to fostering or adopting - there are real "big babies" out there who need you!!

I have to say I laughed at that Lego set - yeah it is disturbing but I can SO see kids having hours of fun w/ it - Disney and kids' natural play is NOT all roses and goodness - it is normal to act out bad stuff too, and with Disney it all works out in the end!

Are those Barbie packages real? I am guessing they are - the Woody one would be hilarious to show someone who had never seen or heard of Woody or Toy Story :rotfl: !

Can't wait to buy TS3 one when it comes out on DVD!! :happytv:

I've seen the movie twice now - the first time in IMAX 3D and the second time in 2D and loved it (so did my nephew, who's 2-1/2 and at the movies for the very first time and LOVED it)...but wow, I don't think I've ever wanted to punch a teddy bear so badly in my life! :laughing:

Hopefully the parks version is a "reformed" Lotso!!

Psssst... the garbage collector...was Sid (The next door neighbor Bully from Toy Story)... :)

OMG! Thank you for pointing that out! I noticed in the credits that Sid was listed (and it was the same actor...now grown up!) and I left scratching my head wondering how I missed Sid. Great tidbit!

After seeing the movie today I wondered the SAME thing!!

DD talked me into buying her the interactive/smelly Lotso bear at Target a month ago (he was $50!). She noticed on a paper inside the box that he had "angry" eyebrows...and immediately started to suspect that something wasn't right with that bear. Well...now it's confirmed. I had hoped he would be reformed at the end of the movie....but nope, bad.to.the.bone.

I was worried she wouldn't want to touch the bear anymore - she was REALLY worried during the incinerator scene. But when we got home she went right for him and was hugging him. She says Lotso really just needs a hug. :lovestruc

So yeah, we hope to meet him while he's there, though we have no trips planned right now.
I am surprised he was chosen to be the meet and greet character though!

We saw the movie tonight, and I must say that it sure was dramatic considering the ages of some children that will see it. That said, I think my dd will want to punch Lotso when we see him in October! LOL

Also, I had my almost 15yr. old son sitting beside me, so you can imagine that I shed some tears. And, yes, he loved the earlier movies and even had a Toy Story bedroom when he was younger. Man, talk about tugging at the heartstrings! It was so surreal to be watching this movie with my son after so many years...where does the time go? Geez, I think I'm gonna cry again!!

My husband and I were both wondering why Lotso would be there for the meet and greet. We both thought Ken would be a better choice, cause he was lots of fun and had a complete change of attitude by the end of the movie! We, along with our two kids, adored the movie!

Ken is not Disney He is MATTEL and they own his likeness etc , SO I would imagine to use his likeness in the parks it would cost Disney $$$ ..

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

DH and I saw TS3 yesterday afternoon.

I found it a little slow at the beginning but got better as time passed. DH actually made sure I was awake early in the film....but we had been running errands like crazy all day before the movie.

It was a nice story - not a dry eye in the place at the end....but in our opinion lacked the absolute charm of other Pixar flicks....Walle and UP for example. Watching the new World of Color at DL my eyes immediately filled with tears when they showed the clips of those two movies.....nowhere near the emotion with TS references.

It will make buckets of $$$ for Disney - hopefully they will toss some of it into the parks.

.....perhaps it's because I don't particularly care for "repeats" vs. total new concept films.

I AM happy so many have enjoyed the film so far. It IS nice there are good films for parents and children to see - with good life messages.

We can't wait to see the movie, soon! :) :cool1:

A few quick questions from you all that have seen it. I've read some posts that people felt the 3D wasn't worth the extra $ as they didn't have a lot of 3D features - would you agree?

I'm someone who usually doesn't care for 3D movies, and this one was not different. To me it just doesn't make me enjoy a movie any more just because the scene looks more "real". It still isn't any close to looking really real. Doesn't help that I wear glasses (can't wear contacts) so the 3D glasses were falling ALL THE TIME!!! I litteraly had to hold them with my hand during the whole movie. The only reason we saw it in 3D was because it was not showing in 2D anywhere close to where we live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter