(semi spoiler alert) LOVED Toy Story III but can't figure out why

Okay, I'll be the first to say I didn't like the movie AT ALL!!!! My 15 year old daughter Hated it and we are about as die hard disney fans as you can get!
I thought it was so sad, and intense, and little kids were screaming and sobbing...my husband, daughter and I all felt very sad when we left the theatre...and on father's day....:(

I knew about Lotso coming to the parks as others have mentioned, before the movie came out. But having just seen the movie a few minutes ago. I'm scratching my head? Lotso is a jerk throughout the movie, he has no awakening, he's just a jerk! lol. Why would I want a picture with him inside the parks? I don't. I don't know why Disney rushed to put him out there, except that he is an easy sell as a character, being a big stuffed bear...

None of the Disney villans have wake-up moments - Jafar, Hook, the stepsisters... Heck, Scar KILLED his brother! I think the villans sell. And I think Disney knows that.

LOL I am so glad I found this!!! I loved the movie! I cried at the end...I know sappy...but true! And, the first thing I said was "why is he the new feature character in the animation studio?" I don't get it?? I thought at the end he would save the toys and then I could maybe see making him the feature character...but nope!!!

i dont care if lotso was the villian he was still my favorite character lol i loved toy story 3 and even though he was mean to the toys he was also funny in some spots and he smells like strawberries! i cant wait to see him at hollywood studios hopefully he smells like strawberries

I just re-discussed this with the hubs...other than Barbie (who is may not be elligible to be a park character due to ownership), pretty much all of the new TS3 characters are bad...so there really wasn't much choice. So, maybe they wanted something and he had a fairly large role in the movie.

We liked it. We saw it in 3d used our free vouchers from the Blu ray discs. Didn't have to pay a cent. Loved itin 3d. I thought it was good for a sequel movie. I loved Barbie and Ken. I loved Lotso too! I didn't like that he was mean BUT I liked him like i like the other Disney Vilians. I hope he is out and about when i go in Nov

I just re-discussed this with the hubs...other than Barbie (who is may not be elligible to be a park character due to ownership), pretty much all of the new TS3 characters are bad...so there really wasn't much choice. So, maybe they wanted something and he had a fairly large role in the movie.

None of Bonnie's toys are bad...

:confused3

SPOILERS:

The only new TS3 character who is really bad is Lotso. Ken and the other Sunnyside toys turn out OK, and the Bonnie's Room gang is adorable - I wish we'd seen more of them, but I suppose they didn't get enough screen time to rate a meet-and-greet.

SPOILERS:

The only new TS3 character who is really bad is Lotso. Ken and the other Sunnyside toys turn out OK, and the Bonnie's Room gang is adorable - I wish we'd seen more of them, but I suppose they didn't get enough screen time to rate a meet-and-greet.

Bonnie's are cute, but that's what I am trying to say...not enough time in the movie to really be recognized in the park. But, Ken and Big Baby are the only two that you absolutely saw change. The others just went away. And, Ken is not Disney-owned. Big Baby they could probably do, but I think it would be a scary character!! I will be interested to see if Lotso smells like strawberries??!!

We saw the movie today and loved it. Of course, I laughed and I cried. I was not alone because I could hear sniffling around me. There was also applause at the end. :goodvibes

I can't wait to go see it again. :thumbsup2

As for Lotso, I hope that he is still out and about in December!!

Trish

Her toys didn't really play a very big role in the movie. I like the girl dino, but the others were realy extras imo. The garbage collector had as big of a role.

Psssst... the garbage collector...was Sid (The next door neighbor Bully from Toy Story)... :)

I was more disturbed (although part of me was laughing) by the Lego set I saw in the Disney Store after we saw the movie:

4506606899_90406b1c35_o.jpg

Look at Hamm on the right! Are they really selling this to kids? :eek:

You clearly missed these two beauties...

dragonballzcentral_2111_598622986

dragonballzcentral_2111_598467866

They've been renamed to Barbie Loves Fashion now.

Psssst... the garbage collector...was Sid (The next door neighbor Bully from Toy Story)... :)

LOL.. That's awesome, I had no idea but it makes complete sense now.

I would assume that after the movie hype dies down you will only be able to see Lotso at MNSSHP, if at all?

I was more disturbed (although part of me was laughing) by the Lego set I saw in the Disney Store after we saw the movie:

4506606899_90406b1c35_o.jpg

Look at Hamm on the right! Are they really selling this to kids? :eek:

............. Oh My! Thats kinda.... disturbing???

BUT, back to Lotso me and my Sister saw the movie at midnight, we loved it and we cried. On Saturday we were in DHS where my sister wanted to confront Lotso, keep in mind I'm sixteen shes seventeen haha! So we walk into the meet and greet area by the bars, first we asked the CM why Lotso was chosen and she didn't know. Then my sister was like, "But he's evil!" Lotso heard this and turned to my sis and gave her the What you talkin bout! gesture.

But this was not enough for my sis, so we get into the Meet and Greet line, we turn the corner and walk to Lotso, first person he sees is my Sister and he automatically turned away from her and crossed his arms, came to me and hugged me. Then he went to hug my Sis who was like "No, you're evil!" and he got all upset again and I offered to give him another hug. Then the CM said Awww, he's upset, you should give him a kiss. At that moment her perked his head towards my Sis who then proceeded to blow him a kiss and then get forced into a hug. At the moment we were all dying of laughter. So was everyone else in the area who witnessed this. We took our picture, I somehow ended up getting another hug. As we walked away my sister turned and said, "you are still evil!" And our giggles continued on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter