*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Book Exchange

message from Jane (we're aliens), the organiser of the 2011 WBTA book swap

During our first Disney cruise last year, I was befuddled enough to think that I would have plenty of time to read all sorts of great books.
How wrong can you be? A quick look at the daily Navigator revealed that if I got up early enough, I might just have time to get in the odd paragraph before rushing off to some fabulous meal, fun event or mind-expanding seminar.

However, for those of you determined to spend at least some time relaxing, I will be happy to run the Book Bag scheme which was organised so successfully on the last WBTA by Paula Sillars from New Zealand.
Books are on sale in the Treasure Ketch, and The Cove has a cupboard full of very variable offerings for people to borrow, which last time were pretty grim at the start of the cruise but did improve as the voyage got under way.

The idea is that a large bag will be hung on handrail outside our stateroom – 7120 – available for anyone to borrow and, of course, donate books.

If you have a special favourite you are willing to part with, that would be much appreciated to get the Bag going.
I will be bringing my World Book Night choice, One Day by David Nicholls, which was one of 48 free copies I had to distribute as part of a million-book nationwide giveaway.
Looking forward to seeing you all – Happy reading!

Just noticed I had saved this from last year's cruise. i am sure the original poster wouldn't mind me posting it again. It is good for getting an overview of Gibraltar.
Doesn't quite show everything, not sure if another picture was done after this.

Gibraltar_Attractions.jpg

marilyn, thats an awesome photo, thanks for sharing, it kinda puts the whole island in perspective

Woo hoo, hello! :wave:

Great photo of Gibraltar Marilyn. :goodvibes

welcome to the dark side claire! :rotfl:
(did wonder who'd be the first one over here)

oh btw: have you heard anything more from jackie about the quiz? the wait is killing me!

I can't believe we are on thread 4! :lmao:

No I haven't heard anything.....:confused3 If she said 2 of the 3 got it right then she must have the results by now? I just want to know the answer to the tie breaker as it's bugging me. :laughing:

Karen, don't forget to update the thread title...:thumbsup2

so do i! i didnt even have to answer it but its really bugging me! its not often that i make it to the end of a quiz on here so when i do, i cant wait to find out the results!

WooHoo! Yay for #4!

Great photo of Gibraltar, Marilyn. Thanks!! That really does put things into perspective. :thumbsup2

I tried to reply on Part 3 but it wouldn't let me .....

Pleased to hear that you have had your results Claire, sorry thery confirmed a tumour, but good news they have managed to remove it all. Hope that you can relax a bit now and big hugs for you and your very brave doggy. :hug:

Hasn't it been a lovely day here in the UK ... :goodvibes

Pleased to hear that you have had your results Claire, sorry thery confirmed a tumour, but good news they have managed to remove it all. Hope that you can relax a bit now and big hugs for you and your very brave doggy. :hug:

Thanks Sarah, it is a big relief. :goodvibes

Yes it's been a gorgeous sunny day. :)

TX Mermaid1
Hi everyone... looks like I will join you on the WBTA.... We had a ball on the EBTA last month...... I am looking forward to meeting ya'll

Past trips. Disney World X 12, Disney Land X 3, Euro Disney X 2, Tokyo Disney, Disney Wonder X 3, Disney Magic X 2., Panama Canal 2011, EBTA 2011

Responding to a post from part 3:

My DH John and I have created a website for you view other cruisers and sign in with your information. If you want to add your picture, you can send it to us at nbirkner@yahoo.com

WBTA Website

Please check this first page link of the thread to orient yourself about the cruise, DIS members on the cruise and all the activities planned.

To help you with all the activities that are planned, here is some information to help you decide if you want to participate:

01. If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Exchange (FE), please PM Pat (PFlamingo) with the following details:
Send her your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, realtionship to you (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc) ages and gender of children. You can cut and paste the format below.
Stateroom #:
Disname:
First name:
First name:
02. If people are interested in being in the same area as other DIS'ers to send Dan (Cliffy97) a PM with Lead Passenger name, your booking number and if you are Early or Late seating. Dan was told by Disney today that this is all they need to put folks together. :-).

03. If you are interested in the Candy Swap, please PM Jacqueline (goofieslonglostsis).

04. If you are interested in Secret Mickey Exchange, please PM Karen (karentan).

05. If you are interest in getting a WBTA lanyard, please PM Noel (birkner). See this lanyard link for example of the previous 2010 WBTA lanyard.

Hopefully, a group of DISers will volunteer to underwrite the lanyards as they did last year so they will be free to the rest of the DISers. We already have several people offering to be part of the lanyard underwriting group. If you wish to join, please send Noel (Birkner) a PM. If we get enough members, the cost should be $10 or less per member.

06. If you are interested in a WBTA lanyard pin, please PM Noel (birkner). See this pin link for example of the previous 2010 WBTA pin.Cost will be approximately 4,5 or 5 Euros per pin.

07. If you are interested in purchasing a WBTA t-shirt printed with a variation of the cruise meet logo, Karen (Pixie_Dust_For_Me) has kindly offered to organise this for our cruise. Price will be approximately $7 per t-shirt, and sizes range from Youth XS (size 2) to Youth XL; Adult S to Adult 4XL.

08. If you are interested in participating in a Mickey Mouse Club night, please check out this Mickey Mouse club post. Plans are to do this event on Monday September 19 at both early and late seating dinners. We will all wear our Mickey Mouse shirts and ears!!

09. I am thinking of organizing the same tour I did last year in Madeira. Here is the Madeira link to a PDF file that gives more information about the 2010 tour. If you are interested, please send Noel (birkner) a PM.

10. We are also going to do a Champagne Girls meet. The Champagne Girls event originated on the WBPC cruise in 2008. Women get together dressed in pink to drink champagne or non alcoholic bubbly and chat. Pictures of the first meet are in this post and pictures from the last WBTA are in this post. Please PM (Clare)Pinky166 to add you name to the list.

11. If you would like to join in the Scrapbooking Exchange, please PM Clare (Pinky166) with your name and room number. The idea is to give your fellow exchangers some scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home! For more info check this post.

12 Join us for a Pajama breakfast on September 18 at 10:00 AM at Lumiere's. We will meet outside Lumiere's at 9:50 AM to take group pictures. If you are interested, please PM Mandy (MandyGirl) with the number in your party.
Here is the picture from the PJ breakfast on last years WBTA.
PJparty.jpg

13. Sarah (TotallyAngelic) is organizing a Gibraltar Dolphin Watching Expedition if you are interested in joining. Please PM Sarah with the number in your party if you are interested.

14. Mandy (MandyGirl) is organizing a Tortola Excursion of a private day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with Tortola Charters. Please PM Mandy with the number in your party if you are interested.

15. Claire (Pinky166) is organizing a Ladies High tea at Palo's. If you are interested, send her a PM for details. Ladies High Tea is planned for September 13 at 3:00 PM.

16. Squitty (Michelle) is oganizing private Mixology and Mojito tastings. If you are interested, send her a PM for details.

17. Karen (Pixie Dust For Me!)is organizing a stateroom tour, but we can't do it without you! PM me with your stateroom assignment and room number and we will tour as many staterooms as possible. It would be great to get one in every category!

When: Definitely on a sea day....stay tuned for which day!
Time: TBD
Where: You will be given a list of participating stateroom numbers and categories the day after we embark (to account for all those upgrades, don't you know )
Refreshments: Optional per discretion of stateroom participant.

18. If you want a designed DIS tee shirt for this cruise, follow the instruction in this post. DIS Tee shirt

19. Cliffy 97 (Dan and Bruce) are organizing a typical English pub crawl with a date TBD. Info so far is as follows:
On a sea day those who were interested would meet in one of the bars for ( Traditionally a half pint pounded, I would suggest a drink of your choice) and then visit (Crawl) every other bar on the ship at least once.

As we do not have to worry about anything closing or how we are getting home, I would I would imagine we can spend 20-30 min at each location versus the 5-10 min you have on the monopoly pub crawl in London.

Perhaps we can make tshirts up too.

Stay tuned for more details.
20. If anyone wants to organize a postcard exchange, please feel free to start one. What we did las year is bring a postcard from where we lived and left in each other's FE. It is best to limit the number of participants no more than 25 as cost and weight to bring become an issue.

Hello everyone - part 4!! Wonder how many parts we'll be upto in September.

Great photo Marilyn :)

Well we went through part 3 in about three months so if we stick to the same pace we should make it to part five before we cruise :)

TX Mermaid1
Hi everyone... looks like I will join you on the WBTA.... We had a ball on the EBTA last month...... I am looking forward to meeting ya'll

Past trips. Disney World X 12, Disney Land X 3, Euro Disney X 2, Tokyo Disney, Disney Wonder X 3, Disney Magic X 2., Panama Canal 2011, EBTA 2011

Responding to a post from part 3:

My DH John and I have created a website for you view other cruisers and sign in with your information. If you want to add your picture, you can send it to us at nbirkner@yahoo.com

WBTA Website

Please check this first page link of the thread to orient yourself about the cruise, DIS members on the cruise and all the activities planned.

To help you with all the activities that are planned, here is some information to help you decide if you want to participate:

01. If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Exchange (FE), please PM Pat (PFlamingo) with the following details:
Send her your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, realtionship to you (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc) ages and gender of children. You can cut and paste the format below.
Stateroom #:
Disname:
First name:
First name:
02. If people are interested in being in the same area as other DIS'ers to send Dan (Cliffy97) a PM with Lead Passenger name, your booking number and if you are Early or Late seating. Dan was told by Disney today that this is all they need to put folks together. :-).

03. If you are interested in the Candy Swap, please PM Jacqueline (goofieslonglostsis).

04. If you are interested in Secret Mickey Exchange, please PM Karen (karentan).

05. If you are interest in getting a WBTA lanyard, please PM Noel (birkner). See this lanyard link for example of the previous 2010 WBTA lanyard.

Hopefully, a group of DISers will volunteer to underwrite the lanyards as they did last year so they will be free to the rest of the DISers. We already have several people offering to be part of the lanyard underwriting group. If you wish to join, please send Noel (Birkner) a PM. If we get enough members, the cost should be $10 or less per member.

06. If you are interested in a WBTA lanyard pin, please PM Noel (birkner). See this pin link for example of the previous 2010 WBTA pin.Cost will be approximately 4,5 or 5 Euros per pin.

07. If you are interested in purchasing a WBTA t-shirt printed with a variation of the cruise meet logo, Karen (Pixie_Dust_For_Me) has kindly offered to organise this for our cruise. Price will be approximately $7 per t-shirt, and sizes range from Youth XS (size 2) to Youth XL; Adult S to Adult 4XL.

08. If you are interested in participating in a Mickey Mouse Club night, please check out this Mickey Mouse club post. Plans are to do this event on Monday September 19 at both early and late seating dinners. We will all wear our Mickey Mouse shirts and ears!!

09. I am thinking of organizing the same tour I did last year in Madeira. Here is the Madeira link to a PDF file that gives more information about the 2010 tour. If you are interested, please send Noel (birkner) a PM.

10. We are also going to do a Champagne Girls meet. The Champagne Girls event originated on the WBPC cruise in 2008. Women get together dressed in pink to drink champagne or non alcoholic bubbly and chat. Pictures of the first meet are in this post and pictures from the last WBTA are in this post. Please PM (Clare)Pinky166 to add you name to the list.

11. If you would like to join in the Scrapbooking Exchange, please PM Clare (Pinky166) with your name and room number. The idea is to give your fellow exchangers some scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home! For more info check this post.

12 Join us for a Pajama breakfast on September 18 at 10:00 AM at Lumiere's. We will meet outside Lumiere's at 9:50 AM to take group pictures. If you are interested, please PM Mandy (MandyGirl) with the number in your party.
Here is the picture from the PJ breakfast on last years WBTA.
PJparty.jpg

13. Sarah (TotallyAngelic) is organizing a Gibraltar Dolphin Watching Expedition if you are interested in joining. Please PM Sarah with the number in your party if you are interested.

14. Mandy (MandyGirl) is organizing a Tortola Excursion of a private day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with Tortola Charters. Please PM Mandy with the number in your party if you are interested.

15. Claire (Pinky166) is organizing a Ladies High tea at Palo's. If you are interested, send her a PM for details. Ladies High Tea is planned for September 13 at 3:00 PM.

16. Squitty (Michelle) is oganizing private Mixology and Mojito tastings. If you are interested, send her a PM for details.

17. Karen (Pixie Dust For Me!)is organizing a stateroom tour, but we can't do it without you! PM me with your stateroom assignment and room number and we will tour as many staterooms as possible. It would be great to get one in every category!

When: Definitely on a sea day....stay tuned for which day!
Time: TBD
Where: You will be given a list of participating stateroom numbers and categories the day after we embark (to account for all those upgrades, don't you know )
Refreshments: Optional per discretion of stateroom participant.

18. If you want a designed DIS tee shirt for this cruise, follow the instruction in this post. DIS Tee shirt

19. Cliffy 97 (Dan and Bruce) are organizing a typical English pub crawl with a date TBD. Info so far is as follows:
On a sea day those who were interested would meet in one of the bars for ( Traditionally a half pint pounded, I would suggest a drink of your choice) and then visit (Crawl) every other bar on the ship at least once.

As we do not have to worry about anything closing or how we are getting home, I would I would imagine we can spend 20-30 min at each location versus the 5-10 min you have on the monopoly pub crawl in London.

Perhaps we can make tshirts up too.

Stay tuned for more details.
20. If anyone wants to organize a postcard exchange, please feel free to start one. What we did las year is bring a postcard from where we lived and left in each other's FE. It is best to limit the number of participants no more than 25 as cost and weight to bring become an issue.

Thank you, I will get all signed up...

Someone mentioned a concern about the Magic going into Barcelona early. That was due to a medical emergency. They needed to get someone off the ship asap. It had nothing to do with the ship it's self....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter