karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
From Spain to Space Mountain - Taking the Magic Home​

Welcome Aboard!!​

This thread is a continuation of
previous thread - part 1
previous thread - part 2
previous thread - part 3

A big welcome to all our new cruisers, please join in the fun!

Please take time to read the information on the first two pages. They contain important information, as well as details of all the events, exchanges and meet ups that are being planned.

Lynne has very kindly been writing awesome recaps of the week's events, so those who arent glued to the dis 24/7 can keep up with all thats been going on. The latest weekly recap is on the bottom of this page, and all previous recaps can be found on this thread

If you would like to join in any of the events and exchanges below, please PM the person organising that particular event. In order to ensure smooth running, if you are joining in the events and exchanges, please ensure you take time to reply to any and all PM’s the organiser may send you. If after several attempts you cannot be reached by the organiser, they reserve the right to remove your name from that event/exchange.

Sorry for all the information overload, now back to the fun!

2011 WBTA website
(with thanks to noel and john)

https://sites.google.com/site/wbtasep2011/

this will hopefully be used later to create something similar to what was done for last year's WBTA:

2010 WBTA dis navigator

PLEASE NOTE: when signing up to the website - clicking on FE, SM or any other activity DOES NOT enrol you for that group. You MUST PM the organiser of that activity in order to be signed up for it. The organisers take no responsibility for people thinking they're signed up for something when they're actually not. It is up to YOU to sign up and respond to any PMs that are sent to you.

Itinerary
2011 westbound transatlantic itinerary

Saturday 10th Barcelona, Spain - aboard 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11th At Sea
Monday 12th Gibraltar, U.K. - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 13th At Sea
Wednesday 14th Madeira, Portugal - ashore 8:30 a.m, aboard 9:30 p.m.
Thursday 15th At Sea
Friday 16th At Sea
Saturday 17th At Sea
Sunday 18th At Sea
Monday 19th At Sea
Tuesday 20th St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles - ashore 7:15 a.m, aboard 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 21st Tortola, British Virgin Islands - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 3:45 p.m.
Thursday 22nd At Sea
Friday 23rd Castaway Cay - ashore 11:15 a.m, aboard 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 24th Port Canaveral, Florida - ashore 7:30 a.m

Calendar of events
(with thanks to dan and bruce)
Date Day Port Event
10-Sep Saturday (Barcelona)
11-Sep Sunday (At Sea)
12-Sep Monday (Gibraltar) Gibraltar Dolphin Excursion (Totally Angelic) and Morrisons shopping trip! (opening hours approx 9-7pm)
13-Sep Tuesday (At Sea) Ladies Palo High Tea (Pinky166)
14-Sep Wednesday (Madeira, Portugal) Madeira Tour (Birkner)
15-Sep Thursday (At Sea)
16-Sep Friday (At Sea) The Magic Pub Crawl (Chris&Jeremy/Cliffy97)
17-Sep Saturday (At Sea) Champagne Girls!! (Pinky166)
18-Sep Sunday (At Sea) Pajama Breakfast (MandyGirl)
19-Sep Monday (At Sea) Mickey Mouse Club night
20-Sep Tuesday (St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles)
21-Sep Wednesday (Tortola, British Virgin Islands) Tortola Excursion to Jost VanDyke (Beach Day and Snorkeling) (MandyGirl)
22-Sep Thursday (At Sea)
23-Sep Friday (Castaway Cay, Bahamas)
24-Sep Saturday (Cape Canaveral, Florida)

Current list of cruisers:
(updated 5th July 2011)
People with a ? next to their name have not confirmed yet if they are definately able to cruise
If i have missed anyone out, please let me know :)

2BNDisney - blake (solo)
? 2canadianfans – Sharon and Jean-Marc
3Canadianslovedisney - Leanne, DH Ken, DD Morgan (9), parents Ted and Dorothy
alphainn -
Amackay – Allan and DG Genna
AngieKaye - angie and manda
auntlynne - Lynne (solo)
aurore - Aurore and DH Iestyn
beauty & the best - liz and DH Joe
Beccabeehappy - Becca and Frankie
Berries97 – Kim, DS royce(4)
? Bhsddisneynut – him and DW
binkytell - Sarah, DH Brian, DD Beth (9), DD Ellie (7 months)
Birkner (and birknerjohn) – Noel and John
? Boswellnakia - tyrone
Brookspayne - Burnice and parents
? Caaimee -
? Cadznychc - Brenda, DS, DBIL
CaroleRWO - Carole, Mike and Jenny
carolsherman - carol
Carys – Sandra
? CastMember_02
chirpee - Lorraine and DH
Chris&Jeremy (and Jeremy&Chris)- Chris (33) and Jeremy (32)
Christannj – her, DH, two adult children
? Cingularone @yahoo.co – Dennis and DW Donita
Cliffy97 - Dan and Bruce
col1 - colin, DW Yvonne, DD Nicole (16), DS Ryan (12)
colkath2005 - colette, dad bill, mum kath, DS billy (13), DS jayden (11), DS keegan (4)
csgraves - dan and connie
DCL_dreamer - Claire and DH Bob
? Debg -
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH Rick
? Dibond38 - Diana, Steve and DD (6)
disneyfan_sd - Crystal and Trent
disneynut64 - cindy and pam
? disneymagicgirl -
diszneycrazee - bren, OH Paul, DD Georgia (6)
donaldcp98 -
dopeylover54 -
dreamscomealive - tiago, helena
dylan'smom - bev,
eblong - Bruce and DW Rita
Ebony - Jan, DH Carl
Edith75 - Edith, DH Darren, DD Mallory (13), DD Mackenzie (10)
emmah16 - emma, DH dan, DS Sam (3)
eeyorelvr10 - laura
*flower* (and mr_smee) - kris
fly4free2 - evelyn
fontabel - her and DH
GA-yaya - Peggy and DH Roger
GatorMomInNC - her, DS (7), DS (4), Dmom (78)
giraffe104 - Josh (solo)
Goofy_Adpi - Laura
Goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline
Goofprincess - Sandy and DH Tony
Granmaz – Marilyn and DH John
Grumpy1234 (and magic123)- Norman and DW Margaret
Happyfeet - Sue
hazelandannie - hazel and annie
jadragnfly - nancy and rich
? Jennifer_in_MI – Jennifer, DH Steve, DS Sam (15), DS Andrew (13), DS William (11), DD Margaret (5)
jessicasmom (and jessicasdad) - Pat, Larry and DD Jessica (26)
jinxleprechaun - Michael, DW Mary, DD Tamara (12), DMIL Rosanna
jjb52 -
jsassy -
Juliasuzanne - Julia and Samantha
Julie2009 - Julie (solo)
Just_love_Eeyore (and Rasmus Faber) – Christina, DH Rasmus, DS Thomas
Karentan – Karen, DH Gary
kentgirl - Tracey, DH Dave, relatives Lesley and Tony
? kileybeth -
KiwiMatt – Matthew, DW Hanneke, DD Arwen (5)
kj_connections - Karen and DH Jeff
KrisannB - Krisann, DH Ashley, DD Ashlyn (16), Aaron (14)
kthomas618 -
liesbeth1012 - liesbeth and DS
Lindababe (and MomE and LovingtheMouse) - Linda, Eilean, and Caroline
m_kasch - mary (solo)
? Madscrapper - Jeannine, DD (15) and DD (12)
MandyGirl – Mandy, DH Curt, DD (5), DD (15 months)
Manon_Paul_Nina - her, DH and DD (3)
mausmu - mark and sandy
? Meliador – Melia, DH
melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) and DS Ethan (10)
Middleofamerica - Matt, Mindi, and 3 kids (9, 7, and 4)
michelle2 - michelle
? MissErin – Erin, DH Jeff, DD Abby, DS Drew, DD Cara
Missjudit - Judi and DH David
mlandgrebe - merill and DH drew
? Mom_rules - her and DH
? Mousemansion
Namsupak - Lauren, DH James, DD Lorelei (2)
? Nassausoccermom
Nick262 – Nickole, DH Dom, DD Kirsten (8)
njmom23grls - lisa
okw93 - susan and michael
Paragd911 – Mark and DW Joy, doggy JJ
pink pug - Pat and Anna
Pinky166 – Claire and DH Lee
pixie_dust_for_me! - karen and DS Andrew (12)
PFlamingo - Pat and DH Dennis
pkicinski @ yahoo.com - pat and tom
poohluv2u - karen and ed
pooh's pals - Jane and DH Tony
purplelv93 - monique and dad
rala - couple and DD (2)
rikersmom - karen and DS Kevin (adult)
rubyblue - karen and DH stan
seamour - Mi, DD sarah (13), DD Talena (24)
schmendrick54 - Jerry and DW Linda
? Scothen - Scot
seawyse - chris and yvonne
seraphine - dawn, DH steve, DS Calum (6), DD Eilidh (2)
smootenloopers - tammy (solo)
Squitty - Michelle and DH Neil
steamboat_will - him and friend Abby
sue_l - sue and Dsis Vickie
Susie2 - Susie and DH
thepicketts - Damian and mother in law Jimmie Joyce
Tigger 24 - Bernadette, DH Jon, DD Hailey (7)
tod&copper (and StephenKay) - Mary and DH Stevie
tojam - him, DW Jamie, DS and Jamie's mother
TotallyAngelic - Sarah and DH Tony
tubbsteruk - paul, DW helen, DD grace (2)
txmermaid1 - jill and cousin jana
? U2FanHfx – Chad and DW
We’re_aliens – Jane and Dave
Wkrider (and buttercup) – Mark and Katie
williamk99 - him, DW, DS (8) and DS (4)
wrabitdad - bob and DW dale
yogitxtx - sandy (solo)
ziggybaby -

Logos that can be added to signatures/magnets/tshirts etc

official one:

DCLMAP2.jpg

link to signature size version of the logo above

link to other WBTA logos in various sizes

Other useful info

For non-US citizens
The visa waiver scheme has now been discontinued and has been replaced by the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Any non-US citizens from previous visa waiver countries now need to apply online for authorization to travel to the US, prior to travelling. You no longer have the option of filling in the form while on the ship. ESTA application process
The site states that you only have to take note of the authorization number, and do not need to print anything out. However one of the cruisers from the 2010 WBTA reported that this was not the case, DCL requires a print out of the ESTA. Those that did not have the print out were required to reapply for the ESTA at check in. Understandably this caused a lot of stress for some people, so please take note of this, so you dont get caught out the same way.

Barcelona tips
Travelling from London to Spain by train
Barcelona Cruise Terminal Information
Hotels in Barcelona thread, more hotels, even more hotels
Kids in Barcelona
Barcelona with Children
Where to buy cheap alcohol before boarding (borrowed from the 2010 WBTA thread):

London tips
What to do in London
Travel for kids
Things for children to do in London

Previous trip reports
Totally Angelic
Tinker1belle
MagicMe
MinnieMousefam
DolphinGirl47

(thanks to Noel (Birkner) for these links, they've been shamelessly stolen from her previous posts!) :rotfl:

Where to find WiFi access
wifi access points while in port

kids thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680262

Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_152365544827288

Dining nights
Mary (Tod and Copper) has had this confirmed by DCL
I've just been speaking to DCL so asked while I was on. She couldn't give me the menu/dining themes for the evening yet, but she did confirm the undernoted:-

Night 2 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 6 - Theme Night TBC (Sea Day)
Night 7 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 11 - Pirate Night (St Maarten)
Night 13 - Semi-Formal (Sea Day)

Secret Mickey Gift Exchange

Welcome to the 2011 WBTA Secret Mickey exchange

This exchange is a bit different from the fish extender exchange, but works along the same way as a secret santa exchange.
Each participating stateroom will be matched with another stateroom, and should buy a gift for that cabin with a total cost of no less than $20 but no more than $25 (approx GB£16, Aus$25, Can$25)
The gifts can be one per cabin, or individual gifts for each person. You can leave the gift in that cabin's fish extender if they have one, or you can ask their stateroom host to put it in the room. Alternatively you can leave the gift with guest services and ask for it to be delivered to your recipient. You should attach a note to the gift that says its a gift from their secret mickey.

If you would like to join in the Secret Mickey exchange, please PM me with names of everyone in the room who is participating, ages of children, and your room number (if known). Please could you also include a vague idea of your favourite characters/what things you like to receive etc

Cut off date for joining the secret mickey exchange will be Saturday 27th August. PMs will then be sent out with details of your recipient. If you would like your recipient early, then please PM me and I'll be happy to assign yours early.
There may be a possibility that latecomers will be able to join in after the cut off date, but only if even numbers of people join after that date (ie: if one person joins after the cut off, then they wont be able to join in - but if two people join after the cut off, then we'll be able to add you to the group)

Participants so far:
(updated 18th June 2011)

karentan - karen, DH Gary - awaiting room assignment - likes: stitch, mickey, disney pins, and chocolate
goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline - room 6647 - likes: muppets, purple, reading, travel, toystory mania, puzzles, disney
Pflamingo - Pat, DH Dennis - room 5622 - likes: Pat - Stitch; purple; reading, sewing, crochet, Dennis - Woody & Bullseye; blue; flying, We both love our dogs, cooking, wine, and all things Disney
pinky166 - Claire, DH Lee - room 6507 - likes: Stitch, Minnie & Wall.E, likes sweets/choc, Stitch only pins, Vinylmation figures & pins
mandygirl - DD Sarah (5) - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything princess
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH - awaiting room assignment - likes: mickey and scrapbooking
sue_l - Sue, Paul and Vicky - room 7512 - likes: Mickey, Wall-E, cats, the beach. DH loves Donald Duck, white and dark chocolate, golf. Vickie loves Goofy, dogs and the beach
disneyfan_sd - trent and crystal - room 7510 - likes: mickey, pluto and minnie
just love eeyore - thomas (5) - room 6634 - likes: mickey and toy story
jessicasmom - Pat, Larry, DD Jessica (26) - awaiting room assignment - likes: travel, gardening, gaming (Jess), Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and sweets.
melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) DS Ethan (10) - room 1054 - likes: toy story, lion king, sweets (of course) minnie mouse, stitch, pluto
dizneycrazee - Bren, Paul and DD Georgia (6) - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything disney, georgia loves disney animals (101 dalmations/lady and the tramp etc)
fontabel- Amanda and DH Jared - awaiting room assignment - likes: (Amanda) piglet, necklaces, (DH Jared) coffee, gaming (both) travel, reading, keychains, bookmarks.
jinxleprechaun- Michael, DW Mary, DD Tamara (12), DMIL Rosanna - room 1060 - likes: books, chocolate, disney pins, ceramic thimbles, minnie and stitch
pink pug- Pat and Anna - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything disney
txmermaid1- Jill - awaiting room assignment - likes: blue and purple, mickey mouse and anything disney
binkytell- beth (9) - room 5009 - likes: ariel, mickey and goofy
tubbsteruk- grace (2) - room 7000 - likes: tinkerbell, fairies, princesses
m_kasch- mary - awaiting room assignment - likes: purple and pink, tinkerbell, mickey, minnie, anything disney, harry potter
williamk99- william, DW monica, DS Will (8) and DS Logan (4) - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything disney, marvel, star wars, Logan likes Mickey Mouse
fly4free2- evelyn - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything disney
hazelandannie- hazel and annie - room 6101 - likes: Hazel - likes Duffy bear, scrapbooking & pin badges, Annemarie DP- likes chocolate, pirates, chocolate, mickey mouse!
krisannB- krisann, DH Ashley, DD Ashlyn (16), DS Aaron (14) - awaiting room assignment - likes: krisann -daisy duck, ashley -mickey, ashlyn -anything tinkerbell, aaron -pluto and sour candy
emmah16- emma, DH dan, DS sam (3) - awaiting room assignment - likes: emma - eeyore, dan - donald duck, sam - toy story and cars
beauty & the best- liz - awaiting room assignment - likes: disney dogs, sidekicks, WTP, tink, rapunzel, cooking gadgets, stuffed animals
pixie dust for me- andrew (12) - room 7631 - likes: disney pins, hockey and all things disney
berries97- royce (4) - awaiting room assignment - likes: toy story, pirates, dinosaurs

Fish Extender Info!!!

If you would like to join in the FE exchange, please PM PFlamingo (Pat) with your Disname, names of everyone in the room participating - first and surnames - and relationship to you (DH, DD, etc), ages of children, and your room number (if known). If you would prefer that your childrens' names not be posted publicly, just let me know. I'll keep them on my list, but I'll only put the relationship identifier (DD, DS) on the list here. It's helpful to know the childrens' genders and ages as some of us do separate gifts for children and we want to make sure we have age/gender appropriate items. I also will not post surnames. Some folks need the names for their FE gifts, so I will only pass them on to those people.

You MUST send me a PM with your information in order to be included in the FE!!!! Simply mentioning your desire to participate in a post on the thread will not get you included. If you do not have enough posts to send a PM, please send a Visitor's message instead.

The cut off date to sign up is August 1. You know you want to join in the fun!
Anyone who wishes to participate after the cut off date will be added to their own list. Others may join that list, as well.

For those who aren't familiar with how the FE exchanges work, here are a few threads to get you started! (Thanks to karentan (Karen) for finding these! :thumbsup2 )

FE basics
fish extender info
instructions for the no sew FE
handmade FE gift ideas
other FE gift ideas

(Just a thought: Do not be intimidated by all the uber-creative ideas on the "handmade FE gift ideas" thread! :worship: Whatever you decide to give will be enjoyed and appreciated.)

NEW INFO - PLEASE READ!!!

If you have already signed up for the FE, please click on the link below to request an invitation to join the Google Group where the FE Groups are posted. You will need to create a Google account first, if you don't already have one. I'll confirm your request, and you will be able to view and download the document from there, via the link under "Discussions" on the Home page. Please read the message on how to download the list under "Discussions," too. When you request an invitation to join the group, there is a question you will need to answer (it's an easy one) to help confirm that you are who you claim to be. For security purposes, only those who are participating in the FE will be given access to the Google Group and FE list.

WBTA FE 2011

Once you have access to the document PLEASE READ the page at the beginning of the document. It has some info you need to know.

- -

***If you have a favorite color, goofieslonglostsis has asked that you PM her as she is trying to tailor her gifts to each person's preference. Please let me (PFlamingo) know the same, or if there is a color that you particularly dislike, as I am also trying to match gifts to preferences. Thanks!

*** Pinky166 (Claire) has requested that everyone participating in the FE Exchange in her groups provide their surnames to her so that she can customize her gifts. Thanks!

Room changes/Upgrades once onboard!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are lucky enough to get an upgrade / change of stateroom and are taking part in any of the special events, such as the Fish Extender, Secret Mickey, Candy Swap, Scrapbook exchange etc then you will need to notify everyone of your new room number as soon as possible. Therefore I will put a whiteboard on my stateroom door 6507 as soon as we can access the rooms after boarding, please make your way there asap & leave a message stating your DIS name, old room number & new room number.

Anyone distributing gifts/exchange presents should swing by & check the board before delivering gifts to check on any room changes. I will also have a few spare printed FE lists in my FE just incase anyone forgets to bring a copy with them.

In the unlikely event that I get a room upgrade, I will put my white board on one of my neighbours doors (probably Mary, Tod&Copper #6511, if she doesn't mind ;) ) as there are several of us in that area of the ship. (I'll clearly mark the whiteboard as room change info so you know it is the right one & not someone's general message board).

Champagne Girls!!

Would you like to join the Champagne Girls? I am arranging a girly meet on one of the Sea days (Proposed date - 17th Sept, to be confirmed) where we will dress in pink!!! Tiara's & Feather Boa's optional but highly recommended, and its a good excuse to chat and drink Champagne!! (not essential). :banana:

It is too early to arrange with DCL at the moment, so I currently don't have any information on venue or if a charge will be payable to DCL. I am hoping we can bring our own bottle but that may not be possible. Details to follow early August.

If you would like to join us then please PM me, Pinky166 (Claire):

Participants so far:

Claire (Pinky166)
Noel (Birkner)
Michelle (Squitty)
Laura (Goofy Adpi)
Lisa (njmom23grls)
Leanne (3canadianslovedisney)
Dorothy (3canadianslovedisney’s Mom)
Pat (Pflamingo)
Mary (Tod&Copper)
Sarah (TotallyAngelic)
Deb (Dgentrysim)
Crystal (Disneyfan_sd) and friends Merill & Cris
Peggy (Ga-yaya)
Angie, Amanda & Jessica (Angiekaye)
Julie (Julie2009)
Lynne (Auntlynne)
Sarah (Binkytell)
Mel (Melonz)
Carole (CaroleRWO)
Abby (Steamboat Will's friend)
Mary (m_kasch)
Sue (sue l)
Vickie (sue l) DSister
Margaret (Magic123)
Nancy (jadragnfly)
Judi Tanner (missjudit)
Brenda (Dizneycrazee)
Jill & Jana (TxMermaid1)
Dawn (Seraphine)
Liesbeth (Liesbeth1012)
Hazel (HazelandAnnie)
AnneMarie (HazelandAnnie's DP)
Cindy & Pam (Disneynut64)
(39 so far)

Scrapbooking Exchange

*** Closing date to sign up for this exchange is 31st July 2011 ***

If you would like to join in the scrapbooking exchange, please PM me, Pinky166 (Claire) with your info and room number.

The idea of the scrapbook exchange is to give your fellow exchangers some Disney/cruise scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home!

You don't have to spend a lot or any money towards this exchange.
The gift(s) can be homemade, already in your scrapbooking inventory, or purchased.
Some ideas include page borders, journaling boxes, photo frames, titles for pages, and small embellishments.
Your gift(s) can have a theme related to something you do on the ship (games, dining, pirating, etc.), or ports-of-call, cruising in general, Disney, or whatever else comes to mind.

You will need to deliver the exchange to the relevant Fish Extenders whenever is convenient for you. A list will be supplied just after the cut off date for new sign up's, 31st July. If you have any questions or want to sign up please contact Pinky166 (Claire)

Participants so far:

Pinky166 = Claire, #6507
Birkner = Noel, #7034
Dgentrysim = Deb, #GTY
LindaBabe = Linda #5020
LovingtheMouse = Caroline #5020
Namsupak = Lauren, #8086
Pixie dust for me! = Karen, #7631
Poohluv2u = Karen, #7129
HazelandAnnie = Hazel, #6101
Donaldcp98 = Tabitha, #GTY

Scrapbook Cove Cafe - Coffee & Chat:

Any one else care to join us on a sea day (to be decided) for a coffee & chat about all things scrapbooking? Let me know & i'll add you to the list. :thumbsup2

Claire (Pinky166)
Mary (Tod&copper)
Pat (Pflamingo)
Lauren (Namsupak)
Linda & 2 roomies (Lindababe)
Tabitha (Donaldcp98)
Keri (Pixie Dust For Me!)
Hazel (Hazelandannie)
Karen (Poohluv2u)

Come & join us for a Farewell DIS Lunch

Come & join us for a farewell DIS lunch on the last sea day. Thursday 22nd Sept at 12.15pm, we are not sure which of the three rotational restaurants will be open on that day, should there be more than one open I have put them in order of preference - 1st Lumiere's, 2nd Parrot Cay or 3rd Animator's Palate.

Please make sure you check your Navigator that morning to see which restaurant is open for lunch as I won't be able to tell you in advance.

Please PM me if you'd like to join us and I will add you to the list, then once onboard notify the restaurant so they can seat us together at some large tables.

Joining us, so far:

Claire & Lee (pinky166)
Susie & John (Susie2)
Michelle & Neil (Squitty)
Noel & John (Birkner)
Liesbeth (Liesbeth) & possibly Son?
Pat & Dennis (PFlamingo)
Sarah & Tony (TotallyAngellic)
Karen & Gary (Karentan)
Lorraine & Paul (Chirpee)
Lauren, James & Lorelei (Namsupak)
Jill + 1 (TxMermaid1)
Dan & Bruce (Cliffy97)
Warren & Abby (Steamboat Will)
Chris & Jeremy (Chris&Jeremy)
Crystal & Trent (Disneyfan_SD)
Pat, Larry, Jess, Grandma Pat & Anna (Jessicasmom)
Mandy, Curt & 2 DD's (Mandygirl)
Sue, Paul & Vickie (sue l)
Paul, Helen & Grace (Tubbsteruk)
Mary (m_kasch)
Debra & Rick (Dgentrysim)
Norman & Margaret (Grumpy1234)
Karen & Ed (poohluv2u)
Brenda, Paul, DD Georgia (diszneycrazee)
Sarah, Brian, DD Beth, DD Ellie (Binkytell)
Sandy & Tony (Goofprincess)
Lynne (Auntlynne)
Karen & Stan (Rubyblue)
Leanne, Ken DH, Morgan DD, Dorothy DM, Ted DF (3canadianslovedisney)
Jacqueline (Goofieslonglostsis)
Amanda & Jared (Fontabel)
Julie (Julie2009)
Damian & MIL Jimmie (ThePicketts)
Evelyn (fly4free2)
Carole, Mike and Jenny (CaroleRWO)
Hazel & AnneMarie (HazelandAnnie)
Mary & Stevie (Todd&Copper)
Krisann, Ashley, DD & DS (KrisannB)
Matthew, Hanneke & Arwen (KiwiMatt)
Dawn & Steve (Seraphine)
Kim & Royce (Berries97)
Danae, Phyllis, Jonas & Carter (GatorMomInNC)
Josh (Giraffe104)
Sandy (Yogitxtx)
Caroline (Lovingthemouse)
Linda (LindaBabe)
Eilean (MomE)

(107 so far!)

CANCELLED - SORRY IT HAS NOT BEEN POSSIBLE TO ARRANGE THIS WITH DCL.

Ladies only Palo High Tea

Information on Potential Madeira Tours
Here is a link to the tour we did last year.
Madeira Tour
Some of those who took the tour last year have expressed an interest in doing another tour.

Below in red is the emailed itinerary that Eusébia of Daniel Taxis who was our previous tour guide suggested for the East tour:

I think maybe you and everybody else who took last year’s tour, will like to do the East tour this time. It takes about 6.5 to 7h and, as you already have 30 persons, we’ll charge 25 EUR per person. Last year we charged 30 EUR per person, because we added Monte to the West tour, otherwise it would also have been 25 EUR.

Our East tour itinerary is as follows:

· Camacha
· Poiso
· Pico do Areeiro
· Ribeiro Frio
· Faial
· Santana
· Porto da Cruz
· Machico
· Santa Cruz
· Back to Funchal

As always, we’re open to any changes to this itinerary, in case anybody has any other preferences.

Our Port’s website says Disney Magic arrives at 7:30am and leaves at 9:30pm. As it leaves so late, some people will probably choose to stay in Funchal after the tour, but others may prefer to be taken to the cruise ship straight away, one way or the other will be quite fine with us.

Lanyards and pins

Because so many people have asked about lanyards and pins what did they look like last year, I decided to post a picture. Our lanyards this year will be wider and have a water resistant pouch.

I will be making up lanyards with waterproof holders for all the DIS members who PM me. The lanyards and badge holders will look like the ones below though I have not decided in what color.

Lanyards
Badge Holders

Here is what last years lanyards and pins (on the card) looked like:
wbtalanyard.jpg

wbtapin.jpg

PinCardTop.png

PinCardBottom-1-1.png

Here is how to pay.

Please mark the payment as a gift to me on PayPal at birkner@needinfo.com so the only fees you may have to pay is convert to Euros if this is not your principal currency.

Be sure you put your DIS name in the notes so I know where the payment came from and can properly credit you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Allright-----WHO WANTS A LANYARD????
OK folks----

Let the sign-ups for lanyards BEGIN!!!

If you would like a FREE custom lanyard and name badge for this cruise (a great way to meet new people, identify other DIS friends, and put faces and names with screen-names), then I need you to EMAIL ME YOUR INFORMATION!!

Here is the information that I need:
DISBoards screenname: I need the DISBoard name(s) spelled and capitalized the way you want it on your name badge. For many/most groups, there will probably be only one DIS name for a group of people---that is totally fine. If there ARE multiple different DIS names/users in a group, let me know all of them but ALSO be sure to link the correct DIS name with the correct person.
First Name: Please give us the first name of EVERYONE in your party who would like a lanyard the way you want it to appear on the name badge. (Please remember that spelling counts!! The name you give here is what your name badge will say....so make sure it's correct!) Also---and this is important---make sure that the FIRST name you send is the primary DIS user under the screenname you send!
Stateroom #: Why do I need your room #? To get your lanyard to you! I will try to give out all the lanyards in the port or at a meet onboard during embarkation...but if I miss you, I need your room # so that I can deliver them to you later. If you are GTY, that's fine, just say so. There will be plenty of time later to fill in room #'s or to make changes if people switch rooms.

So please put all the above information into an email and send it to this address: dcl.wbta.2011@gmail.com

(Please note, I will not necessarily be replying individually to every person confirming receipt of their request for lanyards....HOWEVER, once I get requests rolling in I will be putting them into a spreadsheet on our website that I will link through google docs and people can view (but NOT edit) so you can look for yourself there to make sure you are listed and that all your information is correct...and then email me with any changes obviously).

Let the lanyard fun begin!!!

Tortola Excursion to Jost VanDyke (Beach Day and Snorkeling)

DCL Magic is in port Wednesday 21st Tortola, British Virgin Islands - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 3:45 p.m.
Excursion is from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

ACCEPTING STANDBY WAITLIST ONLY AT THIS TIME (Due to capacity - See below)

:boat: Mandy is organizing a group-rate day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with the company "Tortola Charters" from 8:30-2:30. It includes free snorkel gear to all guests and a guided tour of the reef at White Bay (they are preferred customers of the Soggy Dollar Bar and receive free use of all of their facilities including chairs and hammocks). Lunch is on your own, and meeting location is right where the Magic docks in Tortola. Tortola Charters is the official excursion company for Norwegian Cruise Lines. :boat:

http://tortolacharters.com/

Our Group Pricing:
$50 (ages 12+), $40 (ages 3-11), Free (under 3 years) - description above of what they include
Payment is in US Dollars (cash) or Traveler's Checks at the dock, directly to the catamaran company.
Comparable DCL Excursion (DCL includes lunch and some water activities): "Jost VanDyke Beach Day" ($105 for adults, $75 for kids)
Please note: Since we did not set up this excursion until January, they already had people booked for this day. We got the remaining 28 slots on the blue power catamaran pictured plus an additional sail catamaran with 36 slots that will be pulling a power dinghy for anyone with mobility concerns since there is no dock at White Bay.

Here is a video of the area to put you in the island mood!! :beach: The DCL excursion page also shows some pics of the beach with boats tied to morrings.

Please PM MandyGirl (Mandy) if you want to be added to the standby list should we have any cancellations. We are FULL with a maximum of 64 grand total on the two catamarans combined (one is power, one is sail - with one pulling a power dinghy for any with mobility concerns). Should YOU have a change, please please please contact Mandy ASAP so we can clear standby passengers for this excursion!!

NOTE: There is NO DOCK at White Bay Beach... you use the steps/ladder at the back of the catamaran to go ashore via water (wading/jumping in/whatever)... hence the name SOGGY DOLLAR BAR. For pics, please see the linked websites mentioned above or this pic to see the short distance from boat to beach. Here is a picture of the ladder to go back into catamaran since no dock.
From my contact at Tortola Charters:
"We have non-swimmers and guests with somewhat limited mobility on this trip all of the time and it is never a problem". Because this excursion will have two boats, one will have a dinghy IF needed. If you have mobility concerns going up/down the ladder, please PM me to put your party on the catamaran that "has a power dinghy that can take them right to the shoreline if they prefer that instead of swimming in the few yards."
Please note in their description of this excursion on their website, "(This tour is suitable for all ages including infants and non-swimmers – snorkeling is done from the beach and is optional)" which is different from the description of the Virgin Gorda Baths excursion (more strenuous).

Please PM me if you need to be on the catamaran with a dinghy due to this. We have specific numbers of capacity on each catamaran, so it is limited and I have to keep a list of who is on it. First come, first listed. We will be split between the two catamarans prior to travel so we know which catamaran we are on (each DIS screenname is a "group" that will not be split apart). Each catamaran has a set capacity.

Definitely: :flower1:
Name- Adults- Children(ages3-11) - Infants(under 3 free) - Total $ owed in USD
binkytell 2 1 1 140
Birkner 2 0 0 100
Chirpee 2 0 0 100
Chris&Jeremy 2 0 0 100
Col1 4 0 0 200
Dgentrysim 2 0 0 100
DISNEYFAN_SD 2 0 0 100
Fontabel 2 0 0 100
GA-yaya 2 0 0 100
Goofy Adpi 1 0 0 50
Grumpy1234 2 0 0 100
jjb52 2 0 0 100
Julie2009 1 0 0 50
Just love Eeyore 2 1 0 140
KiwiMatt 2 1 0 140
LindaBabe 3 0 0 150
m_kasch 1 0 0 50
MandyGirl 2 1 1 140
melonz 3 1 0 190
PFlamingo 2 0 0 100
Pinky166 2 0 0 100
Pixie Dust for Me! 2 0 0 100
pkicinski@yahoo.com 2 0 0 100 (moved from standby 6/9)
squitty 2 0 0 100
susie2 2 0 0 100
Tod&Copper 2 0 0 100
TotallyAngelic 2 0 0 100
we're aliens 2 0 0 100

We have a total of 64 booked (out of a maximum capacity of 64 total) listed as of 6/9

Standby List in case of any cancellations (NOT confirmed for this excursion):
poohluv2u - 2 adults
Lisa (njmom23grls) - wait list for 1
hazelandannie - 2 adults (added June 27)

Pajama Breakfast​

Mandy is organizing a PJ breakfast on Sunday the 18th September (a sea day) at 10am, at Lumieres. If you would like to join in, please PM MandyGirl (Mandy).
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 9:50 a.m. for a group photo prior to the breakfast.

Please note:
If you had previously PM'd hayley (the previous organiser), please re-PM Mandy so we can get an updated list of who's still interested.

Current list:
Screenname - Count
3canadianslovedisney 5
goofieslonglostsis 1
MandyGirl 4
binkytell 4
squitty 2
Tod&Copper 2
Goofy Adpi 1
melonz 4
Julie2009 1
m_kasch 1
Birkner 2
Seraphine 4
Pflamingo 2
ThePicketts 2
KrisannB 3
AuntLynne 1
Berries97 2
giraffe104 1
fly4free2 1

TO ORDER YOUR OWN Pre-Designed T-SHIRT From VistaPrint

~ Ship to YOUR home ~ pay with YOUR money ~ buy Mandy a drink on the ship ;)

Phone lines are only open Monday thru Friday until 10:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time US

Although the rate is showing online with my account as $9.74 (front/back shirts) as of right now with this 50% off sale and free uploads, it *should* still be showing the same rate on Monday as well according to the phone rep I spoke with (but you know how that can be.....) The "front only" t-shirts are $5 less... quite a steal IMHO. Click on images below for an enlarged picture.

YOUR STEPS:
  • Call VistaPrint
    UK: Call 9011-44-800-496-0350
    US: 1.866.614.7993
    Phones are open Monday thru Friday until 10:00 PM Eastern
  • Tell them the IDENTIFICATION # of the product you want (see below)
  • If asked the account name, 'MandyGirl Customer' is the first/last name and that you do have permission to order the product.
    *** NOTE: This will go to my personal account, and I will receive your order confirmation email. If you prefer to keep your shipping address private, you will need to create your own account, upload the images, and design tshirts in your account (details at bottom). The Rep I spoke with on 5/20 had given me these instructions, but now apparently VistaPrint is not backing what the Rep said.
  • Verify the product on the phone with ID Number and Title (just as a double check)
  • Order sizes and quantity, give them your shipping address, and pay with credit card directly to VistaPrint
  • Mine arrived each sealed in it's own plastic bag, nicely folded.
  • Apparently the order will be paid by you and shipped to you, but because it is an item I created in my account, I will receive your order confirmation email. Just PM me, and I'll keep a lookout for the email and pass it along to you! Don't worry... the order confirmation emails I received do not show any payment information.
  • The other option is to pull the images from my photo album (same photo album the pictures are in below when clicking) and create your own t-shirts. These just happened to have a 50% off rate that I am passing along. If in the US, you can literally purchase three (3) front-only t-shirts with shipping for right at twenty bucks!

Here are two front/back and two front-only t-shirts to choose from:

Shirt: "DIS Postage Stamp"
Identification # 9RZQL-RA331-9R2

Front/Back showing up today as $9.74 plus tax and shipping

DIS Postage Stamp FRONT:

DIS Postage Stamp BACK:

SHIRT: "DIS Life Ring"
Identification # CFZQL-RA222-0H2

Front/Back showing up today as $9.74 plus tax and shipping

DIS Life Ring FRONT:

DIS Life Ring BACK:

Additional Shirts with FRONT ONLY:

Shirt: "DIS Ship FRONT ONLY"
Created: 5/20/2011
Identification #: 3WWWL-RA990-2K0

Front only - showing up today as $4.74 plus tax and shipping

Shirt: "DIS Map FRONT ONLY"
Created: 5/20/2011
Identification #: D4RXL-RA401-6E5

Front only - showing up today as $4.74 plus tax and shipping

NOTE: I do get the red message about the image not being good enough to print, but when I received my finished products a few months ago, they look just fine. I showed them to DH just now and he agreed. The line that is above the date 2011 in one photo (back side of Life Ring tshirt) is slightly visible on the actual shirt I have in my hand now. I am assuming they will print in as good of quality as the ones I printed a couple months ago. You can create your own and try to use blank white jpgs to cover up the border of that 2011 date image. All images were created by our wonderful DISigners here on the DISboards... I just arranged them on a t-shirt.

Another option is to create a VistaPrint account for yourself and upload the raw images (found in this folder). With VistaPrint online, choose the shirt you want, go to Advanced Editing, and import your images to arrange however you like. There are also more images available on the DISboards Creative DISigns thread here. Just use the search feature if you are looking for a name, or click on any of the DISigners' "shared" files to look for graphics that have already been created. If you are sure one has not been created (such as a Mickey Head with your name on it) then post to the DISigner's thread according to their instructions. With these DISigns, you can make your own tshirts (AmyMickey.com has GREAT transfer paper with your inkjet printer) or make your own magnets. It can take the DISigners several weeks due to the backlog of requests, so just be patient and plan well in advance!

Here's a list of the hotels people are using and also a list of when everyone arrives. Please PM me if you want to be added to the list.

Updated 6/12/11

Acta Atrium Palace:
Grandmaz- Marilyn 9/8

AC Diplomatic:
Chris&Jeremy- 9/9
DisneyFanSD- 9/9
Drewmer- Drew and Merrill (mlandgrebe) 9/9

Hesperia Ramblas:
Dgentrysim- Deb 9/9

Hilton Diagonal Mar:
GA-yaya- 9/7
Auntlynne- Lynne 9/8
csgraves- Connie and Dan 9/9

Hotel Continental Palacete:
PFlamingo- 9/8

Hotel Denit:
Pinky166- Claire
TotallyAngelic- Sarah

Hotel Para-lel:
LindaBabe – Linda 9/7
MomE – Eilean 9/7
LovingtheMouse – Caroline 9/7

Hotel Pratik Rambla:
Chirpee- Lorraine and Paul 9/8
caroleRWO- Carole, Mike, Jenny 9/9
m_Kasch- Mary 9/8

Hotel Regencia Colon:
Missjudit- Judi and David 9/8

Hotel Regina:
Jinxleprechaun - Michael, Mary, Tamara, Rosanna 9/9

Novotel Barcelona:
Melonz- Mel
3canadianslovedisney- Leanne 9/9

Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel:
Ebony- Jan & Carl 9/9
GatorMomInNC- 9/9
Just Love Eeyore- Christina 9/9
Namsupak- Lauren 9/9
Nick262- Nickole 9/9
Squitty- Michelle 9/9
Susie2- Susie

Arriving 9/10 (Day we board the ship!:woohoo:):
Cliffy 97- Dan and Bruce, arrive 9:30 and willing to share cab
Tod&Copper- Stevie and Mary, arrive 10:10 and willing to share taxi
karentan - karen and gary- arrive 10.30am
disneynut64 - cindy and pam- arrive 11am
steamboat will - will and abby

Karentan is arranging for transportation from the airport. It should be around 15 euros. Please PM her if you are interested.

Mojitos & Mixology tasting's

If you want to sign up to any of the activities that various people are arranging then you must contact whoever is organising that particular event here on the DIS, confirming you want to take part on the registration of Noel & Johns website will NOT get you added to the official list.

Contact has been made with DCL regarding the above tastings.
We're hoping to arrange them for any of days that we are at sea...15th, 16th, 17th, 18th or 19th September. Dates have NOT been confirmed yet.

What is the Mixology tasting?
Sarah explains it, complete with photo's Here

What is the Mojito tasting?
I have linked back to a previous WBTA's cruisers trip report, who gives some detail in her trip report, the beginning of this page Here

Email received:
Hi Michelle,

We would be glad to do that for you within 30 days of sailing.
The minimum is 25 guests the max is 50.
The price is $20 pp.
We will need all the names of those attending and they will be charged whether they show or not.

Take care

Please note that payment for these tastings will be charged to your room. I will need your name and cabin/stateroom number once we get the dates. I will contact those that are on the list when we have the ok.
Also note that you will be charged whether you attend the tastings or not.

Please note that the lists below will be updated weekly. If you have PM'd me, you will be added to the master list on my pc.

Who's going?
We onto group 2 for both the Mixology & Mojito tastings!!

If you're still interested in the tastings then please keep the PM's coming. If you don't see your name on the lists below or any info is incorrect, then please contact me asap.

Mixology List updated 27/06/11
mix1-1.jpg

mix2-1.jpg

Mojito List updated 27/06/11
moj1.jpg

Moj2-1.jpg

bacardi_mojito_cocktails.jpg

For those of us staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel

Is anybody interested in sharing a shuttle to the port? Just throwing this idea around, nothing set in stone yet.

I know they have a free shuttle (if you've booked the pre cruise package) but they don't start running till 11am and then every hour on the hour afterwards. The reports I have read regarding shuttles etc are not good. Would be looking at getting to the port at 11am (ish)

Also from what I've read on some of the shuttles websites, they allow 1 x suitcase & 1 x hand luggage per person. Any other baggage would be classed as excess and will incur extra charges.

Could you PM me if you are interested and also how many people would be travelling/coming along.

Interested so far:
squitty - Michelle & Neil 2
susie2 - Susie & John 2
Ebony - Jan & Carl 2
kiwimatt - Matthew & Hanneke 3
Julie2009 - Julie 1
fly4free2 - Evelyn 1
Berries97 - Kim 1

Maybe's
birkner - Noel & John 2

Can't read 10 pages a day? Catch up on the last week here.

Previous weeks can be found here: Weekly Recaps

Weekly Recap
Thursday July 7 - 13

page 207 - 243 (36 pages)

REMEMBER goofieslonglostsis TODAY (Thursday) as she undergoes surgery.

"He likes to put on his Roy Rogers DVDs and his cowboy hat and do the ironing." "...I nearly spat out my Mountain Dew reading this!"

On July 10

"Just had to say...

2 months today!!!

That deserves a dance lol, trying to remember what we are called - The FABulous Dis Oceandancers ? :lmao::lmao:"

:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dance3::dance3::woohoo::woohoo:

New Cruisers

2BNDisney - Blake "Okay, after seeing the price for this IGT Category on the cruise I caved and you can add me as a new guest on board. Will be traveling solo. Looks like I have a LOT of reading to do to catch up. Not sure what my cabin is yet but I am early dining. " - from Tennessee

Jana - cousin of TxMermaid1

seamour - "I am Mic, and travelling with my youngest Sarah (13) and hoping my oldest Talena (24) will get to join us. We live in MN and I was lucky enough to do the EBTA and when my new friend Monique said she was going on the WBTA, I talked DH into letting us go."

Thinking of You

colkath - Bit of a difficult day today, last night a 54kg weight fell on my foot and i ha a xray today and I have a hairline fracture. Didnt help that when I told my boss this morning I couldn't get into work as my foot was injured and even my trainer wouldnt go on his reaction was "not on, wear flipflops I cant get cover on such short notice"!!!! Surely not good management

Pixie Dust for Me! - DH had surgery and is recovering well - Keri (Karen)

Candy Swap

we're now up to 18 staterooms and 46 participants! "If there is any desire for a cut off at 20 staterooms or 50 participants per group, this is the time to speak up and I'll soon start a second group if signing ups keep pooring in."

For people with food alergies to artificial sweetner

"I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that has a food allergy to artificial sweetner, please make sure to let your server know and be VERY careful of the dessert buffet. My DH gets migraines from the stuff and on the first cruise he told the server who helped him out but we didn't think about it at the dessert buffet. We avoided the table labeled sugar free but didn't know that just because the rest of the items were not labeled as such, some of them used at least partial artificial sweetner and he woke up with a severe migraine the next day. Luckily we have medicine to help that and was better within an hour or two but I don't want anyone else to have the same situation.

On our EBTA last year we told our server who was the best. DH would order a dessert that was not in the sugar free section and our server would come out with something else. Now the first couple of times it happened we were confused but he explained that the dessert my DH ordered used some of the sweetner so he brought what he thought he would like and could have. And he was almost always right. By the end my DH just told him to bring out whatever he wanted. We avoided the Dessert Buffet for his sake (at least this year I will have people to go with to help sample some of it)"

TRAVEL CASH

What you do with the TravelEx Cash Passport card is essentially buying Euros with dollars so you can use it to get cash or as a credit card. You don't use it for hotels or car rentals as they take holds. I look it much like a debit card with a Mastercharge logo.

You can buy them online but I go to the Travelex office at Stanford shopping center which is near my house. I also added money at the San Francisco airport before I left.

At the bottom of the TravelEx Cash Passport online screen is a link which says Store Locator (which I have highighted for you here). You can go into the store or order the Euros or British pounds online and pick them up in the store. If you don't use them all, they will buy them back as long as you save your receipt. You would then have two cards, one for Euros, one for GBP.

For example, if I spend $1,006.71, I would get 655 Euros today. If I spent $1,008.31, I would 585 GPB.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, please let me know.

ST MAARTEN/SINT MARTIN EXCURSION

I've contacted Bernard's Tours to do a personalized tour on St Maarten:

Pick-up at ship at 7:45 am (we arrive at 7:15)
Drive to Marigot, Sint Martin (French side)
Breakfast and/or shopping (think croissants, pain chocolate) x 1 hour
Drive to Cul de Sac to catch ferry (10 minute boat ride)
Beach time/lunch on Pinel Island x ~4 hours
Drive to Maho Beach to view airplanes land
Return to cruise ship

I asked for an estimate for 6-12 people. This would be the cost of transport (only, I assume)

For 1-6 people, total = $350 split amongst them
For 7-12 people, price per person is $45

You would need to pay for
- Ferry $7 RT pp
- Lounge chair/umbrella (optional) at $15-20 per 2 chairs/1 umbrella
- Breakfast in Marigot or shopping $
- Lunch, beverages
- Beverages at Maho

He has air conditioned, non-smoking vans.

The main beach on Pinel island is NOT clothing-optional. (Sorry, Claire, you would need more than a top and sandals.)

I'll put up more info about Pinel Island when I've got photos in photobucket.

Looking for interested parties. - auntlynne

SHARK DIVING

"I have a few spots available if you want to do a shark dive in St. Maarten's. It will be a 2 tank dive with one of them being a shark dive. This is an awesome opportunity to see some sharks up close and personal.
If you have an interest or questions please PM me." - TxMermaid1

PALO CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH

GROUP 3, ANYONE?

We have one cruiser so far - anybody else want to join in?

Traveling Mickey Gnome Magnets

i'm considering doing something similar to this for our cruise:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41701263&postcount=2362

maybe more of a travelling mickey than a roaming gnome though. what do you guys think? just a bit of a laugh, but would people join in and keep it going? i just like the idea of seeing how far he can go in two weeks.

Gnome Mickey

076e1bl12981.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are we agreed that we can have lots of roaming magnets, then? Everyone can have their own?

"what do you all think of people doing them having different characters on them? that way we can see how many different characters we can see and sign? i'm working on either a normal mickey or captain mickey one."

trevormagnet-1.jpg

It might be especially fun for those with kids, kind of a "Flat Stanley" for the ship, maybe we could write where we are from so the kids could see all the different nationalities.

I'm not sure if Disney still does it, but on our 10 night cruise the kids were given a DCL passport and they could ask Cast Members to sign it along with where they come from. We saw some kids with them and we went to the kids club and asked if we could participate ... they thought it was a great idea, and told us if we filled the book there would be a prize. We bumped into "Ducky" around the ship and asked him to sign it, which he did, and then proceeded to to draw Donald. It was our best souvenir of the trip and we paid nothing for it ... who says Disney doesn't do free :rolleyes:

2011-07-08154557-1.jpg
2011-07-08154327-1.jpg

Gibraltar Taxi Tour

I had a lot of people respond to the Gibraltar tour with Paul and I hope I got back to everyone. I have even more respect for people who organize these events now as it was very difficult for me to keep the people who PM'd me and emailed me privately straight. Right now I have our group of 4, a group of 2 and a single of 1. Is there another single out there who would like to join us to make 8 in the van? Please PM if so. GatorMomInNC

Duty Free Shop on Disney Magic

"You mentioned that the duty free shop sells liquor onboard. Are you allowed to take this to your room, or do you have to wait to receive it till you disembark?"

"If you buy liquor in the duty free shop it will not be delivered to your room until the last night of the cruise. So you must bring on what you want to drink on the ship. Or buy it at the bars."

Room Photo Request

So I have a strange request. Does anyone have a picture of a verandah room as taken from standing in the hallway looking into the room. My DH is trying to be creative for our door magnet and needs to have something to work from. If you do and don't mind letting us use it as reference can you PM me? - Donaldcp98

Free Strollers

"I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or if you already know, but you can get free stroller rentals on DCL. You do have to pay a deposit, but you get it back, or maybe it is a hold where if you don't bring it back then they charge your card or something like that. Anyway, you don't actually pay! They were really nice strollers and we used them on the ship to walk around the walking track and you can take them off at ports. They were a huge life saver for us! They were nice jogging strollers the last time we were on the Magic. I also keep meaning to tell everyone with kids going to Flounders that you can max out what you think you will use in your reservations and then when you board and throughout the cruise you can add as much more time as they have available. We did not know that on our first cruise and were so sad when we found out after it was all over! They are very flexible and I'm sure that with less kids on this cruise they will have even more availability. Hope that helps someone!"

September 11

Someone reminded us of the 10th anniversary of the September 11 bombings.

Mickey Mouse Flag Heads

http://www.4shared.com/folder/43i8428T/Flag_Mickey_Heads.html

EBTA 2011 Nightly Show/Attire/Menu/Adult Cabaret

• Night 1. Show was Let the Magic Begin/Welcome Aboard, dress was Cruise Casual (CC) and Menu was Let the Magic Begin
  • Night 2. Show was Comedy and Hypnosis of Ricky Kalmon, dress was CC, and menu was Taste of the Caribbean
  • Night 3. Show was Twice Charmed, dress was Formal, and menu was Pirate and Princess. Adult Cabaret at 10:30 was Mark Eddie Ducky Williams did a show at 2pm
  • Night 4. Show was "The High Energy Comedy of Alfred and Seymour" (totally hilarious, if you get a chance to see them go, they are on the Dream right now), dress CC, menu was rotational (AP-show, PC Island Dinner and Lumiere's French Dinner Adult Caberet 10:30 was Bronkar Lee
  • Night 5 Once upon a Song, dress CC menu rotational Adult Cabarat Ricky Kalmon
  • Night 6 Show Villians Tonight, dress CC, menu Villians Adult Cabaret Alfred and Seymour Q&A with Alton White was at 11:30am (Mufasa)
  • Night 7 Show was POTC 4 premiere, Dress CC although many were in Pirate wear, menu was rotational Q&A with Alton White was at 11:30am (Mufasa)
  • Night 8 Show was Mark Eddie, menu was Transatlantic and dress was semi Formal,
  • Night 9 Show The Art of the Story, dress Pirates or CC, menu Pirates, deck party and fireworks
  • Night 10 Show Charo, dress CC and Menu Savour the World Adult Cabaret 10:30pm Jimmy Tamley (ventriloquist)
  • Night 11 Show was Los Mulero (Flamenco Dancers), dress CC, menu Master Chef Adult Cabaret was Andy Ford
  • Night 12 Show Crew Talent Show and Dancing with the Officers, Dress CC and menu Flavors of the Med, Adult Cabaret Andy Ford
  • Night 13 Show Disney Dreams, Dress Formal and menu Captains Gala
  • Night 14 (sniff) Show Remember the Magic; a final Farewell, dress CC and Menu Til We Meet Again Adult Cabaret Dan Dunn

Luggage Tags

"Steve, Andrew and I travel quite a bit. I used to put a brightly colored strap around my bag so that I could find them easier. But, then the strap broke and I noticed that others were doing that so....

Well, about 2 years ago I made a luggage tag from the Mickey ears paint chips that you can find at Home Depot. I cut out a piece of paper that becomes the "information" piece of the tag and stick it to the back side of one of the Mickey's, laminate it, but an eyelet in it and then attach it with a ribbon to my luggage. It's bright, colorful, fun and, the best part, is not too many people have a Mickey Ear luggage tag!"

Character Signatures Onboard

"That reminds me... for those new cruisers... you may want to bring something like a mat picture frame or a pillowcase to take to guest services as well".

Here are some of the items I had signed on our first cruise, I can't find the Dream one's at the moment as i'm on Lee's laptop:

Inside cover - DCL Scrapbook album:
P1060661.jpg

Inside cover - DCL Photo Album:
P1060654.jpg

One tip I picked up was to give a mixture of coloured Sharpies rather than just black, it looks nicer.

Make sure you use fabric markers or laundry sharpies so it doesn't wash out (regular sharpies eventually will)

Palo Dessert

For those new to Palo Brunch....here are a few pics of the dessert table.

P1060338.jpg

P1060337.jpg

Scrapbooking

Ok so far for the Scrapbook Cove Cafe meet I have:

Claire (Pinky166)
Mary (Tod&copper)
Pat (Pflamingo)
Lauren (Namsupak)
Linda & 2 roomies (Lindababe)
Hazel (hazelandannie)
Karen (poohluv2u)

Did I miss anyone? Any one else care to join us on a sea day (to be decided) for a coffee & chat about all things scrapbooking? Let me know & i'll add you to the list. - Claire Pinky166

We will definitely have a little get together in Cove Cafe, there were some people on the scrapbook exchange that wanted to get together so once all the tastings etc are booked with dcl we can arrange a time.

- check out the DIS scrapbook board too, down in the creative community forum. There are literally DOZENS of Disney pages, swaps, books, etc for you to choose from.

I go here a lot to find inspiration for scrapbooking http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/projects/disney-theme/sortby-most-liked/ the link will take you specifically to Disney scrapbooking, but check around for more themes or just general scrapbooking if you like.

Cell Phones - International Calling

"What do you all from the States do about cell phones when you are international? I have a verizon iphone so using it internationally is not an option (unless I use it at a wifi hot spot....like an itouch)."

"I have a AT&T Iphone4. Last year when I was on a EBTA I was able to use it when in port. You should check with Verizon to see about International Roaming. AT&T has that for $5.99 a month, then it's 99 cents a minute, I then cancelled my International Roaming when I got home. Check it out."

Reminder: US Cruisers: Order Your Pub Crawl T-Shirt!

If you are interested in participating in the DIS Pub Crawl and would like to order a t-shirt commemorating this (burp) momentous occasion, please visit the following site by Friday, July 22:

Pub Crawl T-Shirt Order Form

The final design of the shirt can be seen on that site.

Simply enter the size(s) and quantity you would like. I will gather all individual orders into one large order and coordinate from there. PLEASE include your DISBoards user name in the comments section so I can follow up with you directly on shipping and payment!

When the order closes, I will follow up with you individually to secure payment via PayPal and get your shipping address.

The estimated cost is approximately $15 each plus shipping.

Please PM me with questions. Thanks!

BOTANICAL GARDENS - MADEIRA

Anyone looking to visit botanical gardens in Madeira? I have a private taxi booked with three extra places for 3 - 4 hours. - LindaBabe

Laundry

"There are several laundry rooms. It is $2 per load for the washer and $2 for the dryer. I usually end up washing at least one load if not two. I take the clorox 3in1 sheets but only use 1/2 a sheet. They don't take any room in your luggage."

"I am a big fan of Downy Wrinkle Release and always take it on vacation - great for things like Tshirts and polo shirts. Just sparay lightly, tug on the fabric a little and the wrinkles (mostly) disappear. Beats ironing!"

FEs

Pat has nearly finished her FE gifts:

toiletrollcover.jpg

How are you coming along with yours?

KINDLE BOOK SUGGESTIONS

"To my disboard kindle owners. Looking for suggestions on what book you enjoyed that was a free download. thanks Cindy"

"You can join Pixel of Ink for free and they will send you an email everyday with a list of new free books for your kindle. You can also browse their webside too. http://www.pixelofink.com/category/free-kindle-books/"

"Cool thanks, adding it to my bookmarks. Here is the other sites I check on occasion:"
http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/
http://blog.booksontheknob.org/
http://www.kindleboards.com/

Irish Dancing & GUEST TALENT SHOW

"DD Sarah (13) who is coming with does Irish dancing. In fact this week is what I call dance heck (okay i use the other word) as she has dance camp every morning 10-noon, and then 3 nights has her regular class for 3 nights. For the camp her teachers family is over from Ireland teaching, so an awesome opportunity for all the dancers. As we live 45 minutes away though the driving back and forth is wearing on me for sure." - seamour

She needs to bring her dancing shoes: there will probably be a Guest Talent Show onboard near the end of the cruise.

FINALLY, AN ANSWER

"but what does smootenloopers mean? Its such an unusual word/name, I'm curious."

"Sorry, must have missed the question the first time around. My last name is Smittenaar (pronounced just as it is spelled ). Years ago I worked as a bank teller and our head teller used to amuse himself during slow times coming up with comical variations of the name. Smootenloopers was one of his creations and it kind of stuck while I was there. I frequently use it on services like this where you have to select a login and have never found it to be used by someone else already!"

LAUNDRY SPECIAL

(EBTA): "Also there were 2 days that there was a special laundry price. All you could stuff into your laundry bag for $30."

"I think the first time was about mid way thru the cruise and the second was near the end."

BANNED ITEMS - FIRE HAZARDS

Do not bring Irons, Clothes Steamers, Water Kettles, Candles... (flammable stuff) on the ship.

Come & join us for a Farewell DIS Lunch

Come & join us for a farewell DIS lunch on the last sea day. Thursday 22nd Sept at 12:15 pm, we are not sure which of the three rotational restaurants will be open on that day, should there be more than one open I have put them in order of preference - 1st Lumiere's, 2nd Parrot Cay or 3rd Animator's Palate.

Please make sure you check your Navigator that morning to see which restaurant is open for lunch as I won't be able to tell you in advance.

Please PM me if you'd like to join, I need your first names/total number for your party, I will add you to the list and then once we are onboard i'll notify the restaurant so they can seat us together at some large tables.

We now have 104!! It is going to be a great end to the cruise - Claire Pinky166

ATTENTION EVERYONE
MORE INFO ABOUT LANYARDS

Now that I have your full attention, I just wanted to give out more information about our DIS lanyards. I have been emailing and PM'ing people who have not given me all the requested information before posting the long awaited lanyard list. What I will post is the main DIS persons name who requested the lanyards and the number of lanyards requested, not names. Please, please let me know before August 15, 2011 if you want a DIS lanyard.

I am getting ready to post a lanyard list so I thought I would repost the lanyard request instructions. Cutoff date for requesting a lanyard will be August 15, 2011

Allright-----WHO WANTS A LANYARD????
OK folks----

Let the sign-ups for lanyards Continue!!!

If you would like a FREE custom lanyard and name badge for this cruise (a great way to meet new people, identify other DIS friends, and put faces and names with screen-names), then I need you to EMAIL ME YOUR INFORMATION!!

Here is the information that I need:
DISBoards screenname: I need the DISBoard name(s) spelled and capitalized the way you want it on your name badge. For many/most groups, there will probably be only one DIS name for a group of people---that is totally fine. If there ARE multiple different DIS names/users in a group, let me know all of them but ALSO be sure to link the correct DIS name with the correct person.
First Name: Please give us the first name of EVERYONE in your party who would like a lanyard the way you want it to appear on the name badge. (Please remember that spelling counts!! The name you give here is what your name badge will say....so make sure it's correct!) Also---and this is important---make sure that the FIRST name you send is the primary DIS user under the screenname you send!
Stateroom #: Why do I need your room #? To get your lanyard to you! I will try to give out all the lanyards in the port or at a meet onboard during embarkation...but if I miss you, I need your room # so that I can deliver them to you later. If you are GTY, that's fine, just say so. There will be plenty of time later to fill in room #'s or to make changes if people switch rooms.

So please put all the above information into an email and send it to this address: dcl.wbta.2011@gmail.com

(Please note, I will not necessarily be replying individually to every person confirming receipt of their request for lanyards....HOWEVER, once I get requests rolling in I will be putting them into a spreadsheet on our website that I will link through google docs and people can view (but NOT edit) so you can look for yourself there to make sure you are listed and that all your information is correct...and then email me with any changes obviously).
birkner Noel

To the newbies

• On Villains' Night, many of us are wearing purple and/or black.
• One night, we DISers will have Mickey Mouse Club night; we are wearing Mickey ear hats and t-shirts which can be ordered from Zazzle? (check Noel's - birkner - Welcome Wagon Post)

We Also Discussed

Info on The Baths, Virgin Gorda, BVI
Cruise-Only Clothing
Re-Usable Clothing While Onboard
Ironing
Pet Anxiety While People are Away

Linked Dining!
Do you want to sit with other Dis'ers at Dinner? Well if you do let me know the following via PM:

Booking Number
Main Name on Booking (Real Name)
Main or Late
Special Requests

Closer to the date (Early August) I will group us in groups of 5 reservations or less and let DCL know that we are all travelling as a group.

I know some of you are worried that you may not be able to make other bookingz before the cruise, so I will do my best to ensure that we are all setup correctly.

Can wait to see all of you on the cruise.

I will start posting who has requested what seating a we get closer.

The Magic Pub Crawl 2011

Chris&Jeremy and I (Cliffy97 - Dan & Bruce) are hosting the Magic Pub Crawl. :drinking1:drinking1

This will be held on: 16-Sep Friday (At Sea) @ Starting at 13:00 - 17:00.

Those who are interested would meet in one of the bars for (Traditionally a half pint pounded, I would suggest a drink of your choice) and then visit (Crawl) every other bar on the ship at least once.

As we do not have to worry about anything closing or how we are getting home, I would I would imagine we can spend 20-30 min at each location versus the 5-10 min you have on the monopoly pub crawl in London.

Tshirts -

US Cruisers: Order Your Pub Crawl T-Shirt!

If you are interested in participating in the DIS Pub Crawl and would like to order a t-shirt commemorating this (burp) momentous occasion, please visit the following site by Friday, July 22:

Pub Crawl Shirt Order Form

The final design of the shirt can be seen on that site.

Simply enter the size(s) and quantity you would like. I will gather all individual orders into one large order and coordinate from there. PLEASE include your DISBoards user name in the comments section so I can follow up with you directly on shipping and payment!

When the order closes, I will follow up with you individually to secure payment via PayPal and get your shipping address.

The estimated cost is approximately $15 each (that's if we have an order for 20). A quantity higher than that would bring down the cost even more.

Please PM Chris&Jeremy or Cliffy97 with questions. Thanks!

Hard Rock Cafe Pre Cruise Get-together in Barcelona

Some of us are hoping to meet up for drinks / a meal the evening of Friday 9th September at the Hard Rock Cafe on Placa Catalunya.

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=41&MIBEnumID=3

Drinks at 6:30 pm, and those who want can eat there afterwards.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Names so far:

Sarah and Tony (totallyangelic)
Claire and Lee (Pinky166)
Jeremy and Chris (Chris&Jeremy)
Lynne (AuntLynne)
Mary (m_kasch)
Dennis and Pat
Liesbeth and Paul
Linda, Eilean + 1
Paul, Helen and Grace
Pat, Larry, Jess, Pat, Anna (Jessica's Mom)
Aurore and Iestyn
Connie & Dan
Matt + 1

Got a sweet tooth? Than this posting is made for you! Read all about the WBTA candyswap.

You've read it right; we'll be having a candy swap on our cruise. What it is? It is as simple and yummy as the title says; participants exchange candy amongst eachother. For instance country/state/village specific candy to introduce your fellow cruisers to the best thing you've got back home. Nothing really specific from your neck of the woods, are multiple participants from your region etc? Don't worry! It's a cruise, so nothing is a must. Just bring along something you find overly yummy and know others will appreciate.

Want to sign up? Sent me a PM with all the info needed. For instance the participants in your group, ages, possible allergies, likes and dislikes, stateroomnumbers/TBD and anything else you'ld want to add.

How does it work? I'm collecting the info about participants at the moment. As we get closer to sailingdate, I'll sent participants more info through PM, making sure it remains fun and all can participate. Don't sweat the luggage weight too much, most will have to deal with (very) limited room. I'll keep the groups small enough, splitting up into multiple groups so bagage space does not have to be the reason you can not participate. If multiples groups are needed, you can sign up for multiple if desired (automatically added to just one group).

How much time does it take up and the $$ involved? You decide! Deliver the candy into participants FE with a note saying it's from you and perhaps some info about it. You decide when you deliver, you can set the budget. Justhave fun with it. No FE? Guest services is the place to leave your treat and make sure your fellow participants will not get their candy "magically disappear". Allthough...... you might have to bribe some CM's with candy to make sure? ;)

Participants so far;

Pflamingo; Pat & Dennis
Squitty; Michelle & Neil
Pinky166; Claire & Lee
3canadianslovedisney
JustloveEeyore; Christina, Rasmus and DS Thomas
Binkytell; Sarah, Brian and DD Beth
Jessicasmom; Pat, Larry and Jessica
Pinkdug; Pat and Anna (mom and niece of Jessicasmom)
Melonz; Melanie, Paris, Chanelle and Ethan
Magic123; Margaret and Norman (grumpy1234)
Kthomas618; Kathy and Tom
Disneynut64
WilliamK99; William, Monica, Will and Logan
KrisannB; Krisann, Ashley, Ashlyn and Aaron.
Hazelandannie; Hazel and Annemarie
Tubbsteruk; Paul, Helen and Grace.
Dreamscomealive; Tiago and Helena.
Goofieslonglostsis; Jacqueline

So far no foodallergies (have seen many simular or alike allergies on other fronts :rolleyes1:lmao:), one dislike for peanuts.

State Room Tours!

Have you ever dreamed of sailing in a Category 4A (Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah) was like compared to your Category 12? Or, have you ever wondered if you could possibly do an "Inside Category 11A" instead of the "Deluxe Oceanview 9A" that you always book just to save a bit of money for your next cruise?

Well, if so, you are in luck! We're doing a stateroom tour, but we can't do it without you! PM me with your stateroom assignment and room number and we will tour as many staterooms as possible. It would be great to get one in every category!

When: Definitely on a sea day....stay tuned for which day!
Time: TBD
Where: You will be given a list of participating stateroom numbers and categories the day after we embark (to account for all those upgrades, don't you know ;))
Refreshments: Optional

Having never done this before, I'd appreciate thoughts and/ or feedback.

So far, I have:

Category 11A (accessible), Pixie Dust for Me! (Karen & Andrew)

Thanks,

Karen

Who's arriving on the 10th?

there seems to be a few people arriving into barcelona on the 10th (embarkation day) in the morning. if there's enough people interested i'm looking at organising a private minibus to take us all to the port. the more people we get, the cheaper it should be.
if you are interested, please PM me with your flight arrival time and number of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter