September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
pahrumpgirl said:
Scott hope your surgery went well :banana: :banana: and you are 100 % soon. :rainbow:

Just thought I would let everyone know that it looks like the fish extenders will be a go. :cool1: :woohoo: I got one done today with a few minor issues :rolleyes2 that can be easily corrected in the next one (which I hope to get done tomorrow). I am making them with the idea of each cabin being able to personalize them any way they want pixiedust: pixiedust: but will include all ideas, pictures, etc. in the newletter.

Carol

As Scott H. Would Say KEWL

I just got back from seeing Scott, he made it thru surgery fine. He had a block on his shoulder, so he still is feeling no pain. The block should wear off tomorrow morning. It was a more serious injury than the Doc thought from the MRI, his recovery will be slower than previously expected. After seeing Scott in recovery, I had to go to work for a few hours (just as he was really waking up, of course), but I got to leave early (9 pm) and went back over and visited him for another hour. I couldn’t stay too long because the dogs were home waiting for dinner, so I missed the chocolate lava cake that they said they were serving at midnight! He is at an out patient clinic, not the hospital, so the service and the food has been good. For dinner, they order out from several local restaurants, they would have fed me dinner also, but I had to go to work. I left Scott in good spirits (feeling no pain for the first time since the injury). I will bring him home tomorrow morning, I’m sure he will remain in good spirits until the block wears off, then he will have to start hitting the pain medication. I have most of the week off from work, only have to work a partial shift on Wed night that could not get covered. Thanks to everyone for all their support and pixie dust!
Lynn :eeyore:

Scott H said:
the chocolate lava cake that they said they were serving at midnight! He is at an out patient clinic, not the hospital, so the service and the food has been good. For dinner, they order out from several local restaurants, they would have fed me dinner also, but I had to go to work. Lynn :eeyore:

Chocolate lave cake- what the heck! I think I want to work there.

Well, thank God that he made it through the surgery okay. :yay: Hopefully they gave him enough med's to keep him flying high for a while. :hippie:

:lmao:

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Scott. Take good care of him Lynn (don't forget the Chocolate Lava Cake tonight :thumbsup2 ) :grouphug:

Tracy and Bill

Scott,
Hope the pain goes away soon and you back to 100%. Enjoy the pain meds until then. :cloud9: :hippie: :crazy:

Carol and Doug

Ok, so I was here in the beginning and then fell off the face of the planet (Work, finishing my masters and having a 2 year old may have something to do with it!!!)

Anyway, I am going to try my hardest to keep up and stay informed.

Thanks so much for the newsletter Tracey, loved it last year and I love it now, you are great!!

Here's to a speedy recover for you Scott. We will be staying at OKW after the cruise, will you be there as well? Gotta love DVC!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful info, I would love a fish extender if that is ok.

Talk to everyone soon,
Bernadette

Hi everyone. I may not post as often as Scott, but I will try to keep everyone informed of his progress. The block on his shoulder was wearing off when I got in to see him at 8am this morning. So he is now on pain killers. We made it home, but the driveway is really rough, and the bouncing up the hill did not help the shoulder. After some more pain pills, and a half hour neck rub (one of his main complaints is the muscle pain in his neck, he is on valium for that), he got comfortable enough to fall asleep on the sofa. Again, thanks to everyone for your good thoughts. I will get him to the computer to read them when he is comfortable sitting here.
I’m glad I have to work only one night this week, and it is not a full shift, just 3am to 7am on Thursday morning, so I will basically be a day shift person this week.
Lynn
:eeyore:

pixiedust: Speedy Recovery to you Scott... your DISer friends are pulling for you.

Use the meds and enjoy the sleep :faint: (just think happy thoughts)

This is a picture of St. Kitts. Needless to say, I'm skipping any snorkle excursions on this island. :scared1:

St.jpg

tigger24 said:
Ok, so I was here in the beginning and then fell off the face of the planet (Work, finishing my masters and having a 2 year old may have something to do with it!!!)

Anyway, I am going to try my hardest to keep up and stay informed.

Thanks so much for the newsletter Tracey, loved it last year and I love it now, you are great!!

Here's to a speedy recover for you Scott. We will be staying at OKW after the cruise, will you be there as well? Gotta love DVC!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful info, I would love a fish extender if that is ok.

Talk to everyone soon,
Bernadette

Oh fellow grad school member- I feel your pain. (Up all night writing my final paper for my research class)

Will you be doing course work on the cruise? What are you getting your masters in?

Celeste

To answer Enchanted's question - we will be bringing our 4 and 6 year old daughter's along with us on the cruise. Our friends are joining us too. Their children are 12, 7, 4, 3, and 1 years old. Only the 12 year old is a boy. Lot's of little girls in our crew.

Being recent DVC members, we have reservations at BCV for three days after the cruise. Haven't decided where we will stay the night before the cruise. To take advantage of Magical Express, probably BCV, BWV, or . . . don't think we can stay at SSR if we want to use ME. Would like to stay at SSR so we are close to DD for that Saturday night. Our flight will take most of the day coming from the Valley of the Sun. Only think we will have time for DD.

Well, I think this is record for me posting :rotfl:

Celeste, fortunatley I will not be doing work while I am on the cruise. I finish and graduate this semester. I am getting my MS in biotechnology at Hopkins (JHU). A benefit of living in the Baltimore/DC area. I can not wait to be done!!

Lynn, glad to hear Scott is doing ok. Maybe we can have mini-meet after the cruise at OKW, I love it there!!
Just an FYI, you can use ME from any DVC resort. We were there in January and stayed at OKW and used it and picked up SSR folks along the way. It was great!

Thanks for the welcome back Tracey. I think of sitting in the port in CA and how excited we were!! Can wait to be back in Port Cavaveral for the excitment.

I will do my best to keep up. Stay well everyone.

Bernadette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter