September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone, Don't forget that the Food and Wine Festival starts that Friday after we get back from the cruise. With all of the eating on the cruise you should be well practiced for hitting all of the booths around World Showcase. :)

We are having a pre-cruise wine and cheese party at OKW before the cruise, we could get together after also. We always look forward to the food and wine fest at Epcot. We often try to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk for that time so we can walk to Epcot.

Scott had a hard day yesterday, the pain killers just didn't cut it. We finally resorted to the morphine time release pills that were for night time. He got comfortable after about 7pm. He has been up every hour (all day yesterday and all night), and since he has been so doped up, he cannot get up by himself. Since he is living on the living room sofa, I put a mattress on the living room floor for myself, just like I did when our dog had puppies. So far today, he has been comfortable without the morphine, so we can save those for nighttime. I will check in later.

Lynn :eeyore:

Poor poor Scott!! :sick: I'm sorry yesterday was so terrible. But I'm glad today has been better. And just think, tomorrow will be even better than today. pixiedust: By the time the cruise rolls around, you'll be turning cartwheels at the sail away party! :cool1: :banana:

Hi all, just had to share. DM and I just got our curbs painted. Matching of course. I worked with a guy to create this custom curb. pixiedust: I removed the street address for privacy, but left a little bit of one number so you can see what they were painted like. TOO CUTE!!!
DisneyCurb1EDIT.jpg

DisneyCurb3.jpg

DisneyCurb2EDIT.jpg

Scott is doing much better today, the pain pills have been working today. He again thanks everyone for the well wishes. He has been a good patient. There have been a couple of times today he has actually been up and about for a little bit, then he gets tired and goes back to sleep. He was actually awake long enough to read the boards, so he got to see all your well wishes for himself.

Lynn and Scott

tigger24 said:
does anyone know morse code? There are clues for the summer 2007 cruises on the castaway club page but it's in morse code!! Can anyone help.

Thanks,
Bernadette

I wish I did know morse code. It would be great to figure it out! Maybe it's really an add to purchase from DVC! :rotfl2: Let us know what you find out.

Scott H said:
Scott is doing much better today, the pain pills have been working today. He again thanks everyone for the well wishes. He has been a good patient. There have been a couple of times today he has actually been up and about for a little bit, then he gets tired and goes back to sleep. He was actually awake long enough to read the boards, so he got to see all your well wishes for himself.

Lynn and Scott

Hi Lynn

Thanks for the updates on Scott... :teeth:

I am glad to hear Scott is doing better. My DH decided to join the pain in shoulder club and separated his shoulder while playing hockey on Tuesday night. His friend is here from out of town and they had arranged 4 days of golf at courses around San Diego. Guess who is driving the golf cart today?

tigger24 said:
does anyone know morse code? There are clues for the summer 2007 cruises on the castaway club page but it's in morse code!! Can anyone help.

Thanks,
Bernadette

While I don't know morse code- I did find a page that translates it. If I have time tonight, I'll do the translation.

I can only see part of the scrolled morse code message- can anyone open all of it?

I am also going to look at the long & lat listed on the map.

Hey Celeste!

Here is a thread that has the deciphering of the morse code :thumbsup2 Mystery at Sea

Looks like there are some references to the Queen and pizza :confused3 :rolleyes:

You have to click on the ticker tape and hold it to hear the morse code.

Lots of speculation on that thread

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan said:
Hey Celeste!

Here is a thread that has the deciphering of the morse code :thumbsup2 Mystery at Sea

Looks like there are some references to the Queen and pizza :confused3 :rolleyes:

You have to click on the ticker tape and hold it to hear the morse code.

Lots of speculation on that thread

Debbie
We don't have the sound turned on the computers at work....so I tried turning it on- so the WHOLE unit got to hear the "under the sea" stuff on the opening page at 1AM.... :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I tried to listed to the morse code- I can't do it here at work- I would need it too loud to do it and I don't want to bother anyone. :blush: Maybe later.

Debbie- You still going with us? :cheer2:

My sister and her family should be going with us!!! :yay: I'll have to call her in the morning to see if she REALLY did book.

Good morning fellow cruisers!

Scott, I hope you're recovering nicely from your surgery. Tink33, I hope your DH is doing better this morning as well. Please don't let shoulder injury affect my DH. I love him dearly but he's a baby when he doesn't feel well.

Hey, are we planning on dressing up for pirate's night? Is there going to be a pirate's night on our cruise? Anyone know? If so, I have to start now trying to talk Steve into it! My cousin, son and I dressed up for our cruise last year and had a blast!

Okay, everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

Leslie/Tink 33, Scott says he relates to your DH.

Scott says he is too out of it to help with the deciphering the morse code.

We are assuming that there will be a pirates night on this cruise, and will be bringing our pirate costumes, as, we assume, will be the vast majority of DIS folks who have been on previous cruises. It is a lot of fun to do. Denise, you can assure your DH that he will not be the only one in costume.

Scott is doing much better today, he even got his own breakfast. He is still on pain killers and probably will be for quite a while. He has now been awake for more than 1 hour at a time, and almost slept thru the night.

Lynn
:eeyore:

MommaluvsDis said:
Hey, are we planning on dressing up for pirate's night? Is there going to be a pirate's night on our cruise? Anyone know? If so, I have to start now trying to talk Steve into it! My cousin, son and I dressed up for our cruise last year and had a blast!Denise
We are TOTALLY plannig on dressing up for Pirate night. We'd like to go all out and get REAL costumes this time. pirate: So, if your party and mine are the only ones dressing up....then I guess we'll just be the coolest! :smooth: :woohoo: :rotfl2:

MommaluvsDis said:
Good morning fellow cruisers!

Scott, I hope you're recovering nicely from your surgery. Tink33, I hope your DH is doing better this morning as well. Please don't let shoulder injury affect my DH. I love him dearly but he's a baby when he doesn't feel well.

Hey, are we planning on dressing up for pirate's night? Is there going to be a pirate's night on our cruise? Anyone know? If so, I have to start now trying to talk Steve into it! My cousin, son and I dressed up for our cruise last year and had a blast!

Okay, everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Denise
From the list. :wizard:

Pirate Night Group Photo = Hygiene99. In atrium area. Will arrange for a Group photo.. time to be determined.. :) :) pirate: pirate:

Should look something like this..
BobandLee said:
How about this for pirates.....
pirates.jpg

)

If I copied it right, the translation of the morse code is "The queen just loves the pie" Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter