September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott - great to hear that you are recovering. My brother had shoulder surgery a few years back - took a while and alot of physical therapy for him to get his range of motion back but he is back to pretty much normal now.

Sunny and 85 expected here in South FLA today - we need some rain down here too!

No diving for me but I will come and watch!

Sorry I haven't checked in for so long. We are still planning on this cruise, I do like reading all the posts here.

Hope all are well in the Midwest, Still cold and snow here in WY. Bob,was that dirt in that picture, I wonder if we will ever see it LOL. Chilly 15 today.

Hessman and others, glad you are checking in keep it up.

We have a definite 4 for dive quest, and I am sure we would enjoy folks viewing us. Heck we could pre arrange some signals so that those of you on the dry side of the glass could tell others you are diver trainers and have taught us to do tricks. Give us the signal we do the trick and then we get sushi later. L ol

Off to see the doc today get the stitches out and plan for therapy etc. Getting beter doing things left handed.

Good to see you posting again Scott. Cold front came through Nashville last night. Saturday it was 84 degrees here, flowers are blooming, and leaves are coming out on the trees. Mike

Definitely some weird weather going on out there.

Hey did you guys know that Sept 19, is talk like a Pirate Day, Me Wonders if DCL is aware of this. Wonder if that will be our Pirate Night?

Scott H said:
Hope all are well in the Midwest, Still cold and snow here in WY. Bob,was that dirt in that picture, I wonder if we will ever see it LOL. Chilly 15 today.
Scott, yes there was dirt. Not supposed to be. Should be all mulch. Oh well.

Scott H said:
Off to see the doc today get the stitches out and plan for therapy etc. Getting beter doing things left handed.
Guess it will be "Phins to Left, Phins to Left" for a while. :rotfl2:

papa said:
Good to see you posting again Scott. Cold front came through Nashville last night. Saturday it was 84 degrees here, flowers are blooming, and leaves are coming out on the trees. Mike
Still, y'all down there won't have any more freezin', so your plants should be o.k. Here in Indiana, our "last frost date" is about 45 days away. We have Crocusses about to bloom and Lilacs starting to bud. Might not make it.

Scott H said:
Hey did you guys know that Sept 19, is talk like a Pirate Day, Me Wonders if DCL is aware of this. Wonder if that will be our Pirate Night?
Hey, maybe we can get Peter to talk with his good friend Tom about having Pirate pirate: Night on Talk Like a Pirate pirate: Day. :)

Good to hear that the payments and the days are getting closer smaller for this cruise.

Stitches out, therapy starts next Monday, brace/sling for three more weeks. Should be back un restricted to work in June. Doc says I should be cleared for hydrotherapy for our May dive trip. :thumbsup2 Got Business Taxes done yesterday and sent off. Now for the personal taxes. Looks like we got about 4 inches of snow last night. I was going to try and get out for a walk today just to bust up the cabin fever that is starting. Will do laps in the house. Lynn is having a short night as she has to get up and get to a 911 meeting here real soon. Then she has a grave shift to night.

Scott, yes there was dirt. Not supposed to be. Should be all mulch.

Anything that is not white is pretty strange to see for us here.

Guess it will be "Phins to Left, Phins to Left" for a while.

Yep swimming in circles. :teeth:

Hey, maybe we can get Peter to talk with his good friend Tom about having Pirate Night on Talk Like a Pirate Day. :lmao:

I am sure he and Tom have chatted over their morning coffee, and they will get things all planned for us. :teeth:

Also a Dive Quest update we have 6 folks so far. Pretty good so far, it is a fun time. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi Everyone

I know it's early, but I've been in contact with an ATV tour company on St. Kitts. We did an ATV excursion during the May Repo and had a blast, so I thought I would look into the one on St. Kitts. The vendor can be found at:

http://www.lodgegreathouse.com/funbikes.htm

It sounds like the tour is about 3 hours long and transportation to and from the ship would be included. They quoted me an estimate of $75 per rider (and $35 for a passenger if you wanted to have someone ride along). They can handle up to 10 ATV's at a time (10 riders and up to 10 passengers).

Drivers must be at least 16 and passengers must be at least 9.

If you have any interest, PM me. I'm just trying to get an idea if there is any interest in setting this up. Nothing is official and no reservations have been made.

Nothing would be finalized until we see what Disney has planned for St. Kitts excursions.

Ken

Rockolamamma said:
In reply to the previous post.... About when can we expect DCL to announce its excursions for this trip?

Michelle

I don't remember exactly how long before the May 2005 repo DCL posted the excursions - anyone remember? It seems like they came out about a month before you could start booking - something like that.

Ken

kpros said:
I don't remember exactly how long before the May 2005 repo DCL posted the excursions - anyone remember? It seems like they came out about a month before you could start booking - something like that.

Ken

I was going to say that concierge could book 105 days out?? so definitely by then. When you guys were getting ready to pay the final payments DCL started doing the online ressies. I was also going to say that you should count from the start of the 10 day, but they aren't going to St. Kitts so that may not work :rolleyes:

Tracy

Dive Quest Experience / Friday, September 29th @ 6:30 = Scott H. See this Post Most Current info Here
BOOKING NOW

ATV TOUR / St. KITTS = Kpros / Ken . Planning stages... We did this last cruise with a bunch of us and Had a Blast.. If you feel like your partner is going to be a little timid get 2 ATV'S.... Bring the SunScreen.. :sunny: Latest info here limited to 10 atv's..

All Better :teeth:

:banana: :banana:

OK, fellow experienced travellers, especially you Ohioans!

I found an airfare price from Akron, Ohio to Tampa --- $148. Since there are 5 of us we are considering taking the extra drive from Tampa to Orlando (since we are doing WDW on Saturday before the cruise) in exchange for the $100 per ticket that we would be saving. The current lowest fare to Orlando is $244. This seems like a good deal to us, but we haven't flown in ages! What do you think?

Should we jump on this price or wait, since the trip is definitely several months away! :sad2:

Thanks for your advice,
Michelle

Rockolamamma said:
OK, fellow experienced travellers, especially you Ohioans!

I found an airfare price from Akron, Ohio to Tampa --- $148. Since there are 5 of us we are considering taking the extra drive from Tampa to Orlando (since we are doing WDW on Saturday before the cruise) in exchange for the $100 per ticket that we would be saving. The current lowest fare to Orlando is $244. This seems like a good deal to us, but we haven't flown in ages! What do you think?

Should we jump on this price or wait, since the trip is definitely several months away! :sad2:

Thanks for your advice,
Michelle
It is an easy drive from Tampa to WDW.

We did the drive in January. was 75 minutes.
we flew into Tampa drove to Disney for the day and night got up next morning and Drove back to Tampa to catch the Flight out.

Was painless..

We are waiting for jetblue to open up booking, still only booking til September 6/06 :teeth:

As stated above, plus TPA is less hectic as compaired to MCO. TPA is a rather nice airport.

Hey did anyone see the Universal TV add where the little girl says something to the effect “ If I have to meet another Princes I am going to puke”, or was this the percocet making me experience things.

:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: Happy St Patty's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter