September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, this is SOOOO exciting!! I just found this thread, and won't be able to be active on it until after the 8/20 Repo cruise, as I still haven't packed for that one. It is so exciting to know that we will sailing with so many familar faces!!! We were booked on the 8/19/06 doupble dip cruise, and had a great rate, but this cruise is IR-resisitable. And, I was able to book the same cabin. It will be me, celebrating(huh?) 47th b-day on the cruise, Chelsea age 15, and Emilie will 2-1/2 by then---eeeks!!! (hopefully by then she'll back to sitting down to eat her dinner, but at least Renee will be on board with her glue!!!) My only two dilemnas....... I feel like a trader to the Magic (didn't think I'd ever sail the Wonder) and how/ what/when to tell Chelsea's school..... ~Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer and family! I bet you are getting really excited about your repo cruise? I can't believe ours is over already.....you are in for one special cruise! Enjoy every possible minute of it that you can. The first week goes by really slow, and you think this is great! But watch out for that second week, make use of every minute and enjoy to the fullest! I hear you on the Wonder/Magic conflict, I too have never been on the Wonder. I am really excited about this 11 day and being on the Wonder.

Enjoy your repo! It is an experience to remember for ever and ever!

Robin

jweiss said:
Oh, this is SOOOO exciting!! I just found this thread, and won't be able to be active on it until after the 8/20 Repo cruise, as I still haven't packed for that one. It is so exciting to know that we will sailing with so many familar faces!!! We were booked on the 8/19/06 doupble dip cruise, and had a great rate, but this cruise is IR-resisitable. And, I was able to book the same cabin. It will be me, celebrating(huh?) 47th b-day on the cruise, Chelsea age 15, and Emilie will 2-1/2 by then---eeeks!!! (hopefully by then she'll back to sitting down to eat her dinner, but at least Renee will be on board with her glue!!!) My only two dilemnas....... I feel like a trader to the Magic (didn't think I'd ever sail the Wonder) and how/ what/when to tell Chelsea's school..... ~Jennifer

Hey Jennifer,

A familiar name and a close neighboor. I'm glad to see that you will be joining us. I have one suitcase packed so far. Two more weeks to go.

Glad you're sailing with us again!

Deb

moocow35 said:
Thanks Amy! Let me know and we can see what we can come up with. Once someone shows me how to do it, I can work in the time. My DD is very computer smart, so I'm sure we can figure something. The cruise lists are so helpful and fun to have. Just like the boards, you get to know everyone before you cruise!

You got it Robin!!! He's pretty quick about things, so I'll send it to you as soon as he sends it to me. At least that might give you a jumping off point.

jweiss said:
Hey Jennifer - Welcome aboard. My little girl, Madison, will also be 2 1/2 on this cruise. We'll have to get them together. We might confuse her in the beginning though, because her older sister's name is Emily. :rotfl:

I also thought that I would probably never cruise on the Wonder. Our first cruise was 7-nights, and I couldn't imagine going on anything shorter. But, then DVC came out with this member cruise, and I couldn't pass it up. So, I'm going on a 4-night, but I know that it's going to be WAY too short. But, at least I have this 11-night to look forward to.

Have fun to all of those going on the repo cruise. I'm so jealous!! Last year, when those were coming out, we didn't book because things with my job were VERY unstable. So, we passed on it. Boy, I'm kicking myself now. I did end up losing my job in December, but we still probably could have done the Repo. Oh well, live & learn. That's why I booked this one when I had the chance. I figure, I always have until 90 days out to cancel, so why not book, at least you have your spot, probably as cheap as you can get it. :cool1:

Well, I'm going back to bed. My baby was up teething & crying, but it looks like she's out again. So, back to sleep for me.

For anyone interested in seeing the newsletters that I did for the repo cruise, send me a PM and I'll give you the link. I can't post the link until after the repo cruise because there are events listed that the parents we are cruising with do not want public before the events. We did a lot of articles on ports of call, excursions, packing, tours at DL, transportation, etc. Plus we had lots of things people designed (t-shirts, lanyards, picture frame mats, etc.) and events (DIS meet, sailaway party, high tea, wine tasting, singles meet, etc.). We did birthdays and anniversaries in every issue, plus a section for onboard celebrations.

Tracy

good morning everyone - Sunday is here already??. Where is the time going?? We aren't counting yet, but another day has passed.

That is so awesome, Tracy. What a grand time your guys are going to have.

jweiss said:
Chelsea age 15, and Emilie will 2-1/2 by then---eeeks!!! (hopefully by then she'll back to sitting down to eat her dinner, but at least Renee will be on board with her glue!!! ~Jennifer

Hey Jennifer - glad that you're joining us on this one. Wow, we get a 14 night and 11 night back to back! How great is that?

BTW - you know I will definitely be bringing the glue - Haley will be almost 4 by then :earseek: so I'm sure I'll need it.

Reneé

Good morning all. Hope that all are having a great weekend. We have been to St Thomas on 4 cruises and last year Antigua was on the schedule. Looking forward to new ports of call. Renee remember pineapple beach? :rotfl2: Mike

papa said:
Renee remember pineapple beach? :rotfl2: Mike

I'm way ahead of you Mike. I already emailed Myriam to let her know we were invading again and to see if I could do another group trip there. In a previous email from her, she said they are slightly changing the day pass and will let me know what the changes are and when they take effect.

Gotta see those turtles again?

DCL~Dreamer said:
Renee, this will be our third cruise with you...see you soon at HISP :wave:

Yep, and they just keep getting better and better. :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm working on another trip to Pineapple Beach. I'll let you know what I find out.

Reneé

I can't officially plan a newsletter until I return from the repo. But I probably would be willing to do it. Not quite so many this time, maybe once a month until we get about 4 months out or less then 2 times a month.

I know once I remove the current newsletters, I'll have room for the newsletters on my website, and possibly room to put up a list.

I like the way that Eric e-mailed them out, but I couldn't do that too much, it eats up a lot of bandwith when you get alot of people on the list. It's better to have a website to send people to. Also, with the newsletters, when someone new joins, I give them the link and they have access to all the previous issues as well. A list could still be e-mailed out. Would people want the links to the newsletter public or not?

Tracy

winotracy said:
I can't officially plan a newsletter until I return from the repo. But I probably would be willing to do it. Not quite so many this time, maybe once a month until we get about 4 months out or less then 2 times a month.

A list could still be e-mailed out. Would people want the links to the newsletter public or not?

Tracy

I agree with you about not doing anything until we get home from the Repo. I think a newsletter once a month is good and just like you said you can always up it to 2 times a month if you want to.

I like how you have the newsletter links set up right now so that is what I vote for.

Reneé

Someone asked me about this and I possibly would consider doing it for the group. I had shirts made for the DVC S.S. Member Cruise coming up. Nothing fancy but a tee shirt that was very inexpensive. The shirts I have available for this cruise was $10, $11 and $12 plus the shipping. Totally at cost, what the shirts cost me to get from the company. I am actually in the hole with them about $300, but that was my decision at that time. It is behind me now.

First I would like to get a vote from everyone to date and see what your thoughts are on shirts for the group and this cruise. We would have to have a logo of some type and I'm not that good at figuring that one and making one up.

At least I have the know how now and would not have to start fresh with how to keep a list and have my "excel" sheet disappear on me.

Robin and Tracy, maybe you can give some comments on this.

OR IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS to do it, that would be all right also.

Just suggestions only for everyone

Tracy: A newsletter would be great. Sending it to just the cruisers I think would be good also. There has to be pros and cons to that - that I don't know about also. But whatever is fine with everyone else, is OK with me. That's my vote :cool1:

t-shirts are great. For the repo we did 5-6 designs. Some got them all, some just a few. Most we ordered but some we did ourselves (iron ons). For Cruisetoberfest, we were e-mailed the design and made our own or sent them out to be made.

Tracy

krdisneybound said:
Someone asked me about this and I possibly would consider doing it for the group. I had shirts made for the DVC S.S. Member Cruise coming up. Nothing fancy but a tee shirt that was very inexpensive. The shirts I have available for this cruise was $10, $11 and $12 plus the shipping. Totally at cost, what the shirts cost me to get from the company. I am actually in the hole with them about $300, but that was my decision at that time. It is behind me now.

First I would like to get a vote from everyone to date and see what your thoughts are on shirts for the group and this cruise. We would have to have a logo of some type and I'm not that good at figuring that one and making one up.

At least I have the know how now and would not have to start fresh with how to keep a list and have my "excel" sheet disappear on me.

Robin and Tracy, maybe you can give some comments on this.

OR IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS to do it, that would be all right also.

Just suggestions only for everyone

I think a special shirt for this cruise is a great idea. Whatever logo we use, I can put that on the nametags, too.

Reneé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter