• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, by then why make a movie about it. Why make 1/3 of a trilogy about finding that person?

Flash forward 40 years from now. Seriously-Forty Years.

Rian makes part 2 of Harry Potter.

Voldemort's brother or whatever is terrorizing the earth. The entire first movie is dedicating to finding Harry Potter. The young cast had heard of his stories but never really knew if they were true etc. But they run into Hermione who confirms everything and knows how to find him.

Final scene is Harry Standing there. Like FA the crowd cheers and can't wait for the 2nd movie.

Next movie, She hands him the Elder Wand which was somehow recovered and fused to be even more powerful, esp if wielded by it's owner Harry.

He tosses and say good luck.

That actually sounds really interesting to me - i’d Like to see a film with a disillusioned Harry

That actually sounds really interesting to me - i’d Like to see a film with a disillusioned Harry

HaHa, I think it will happen one day, just Harry won't wuss out, and Rian won't be in charge either.

HaHa, I think it will happen one day, just Harry won't wuss out, and Rian won't be in charge either.

I do agree that in the end Luke should have been willing to get back in the fight - but I did like / appreciate the idea of him being “broken” ... just wish he didn’t *just* do the astral projection and then fade away

I do agree that in the end Luke should have been willing to get back in the fight - but I did like / appreciate the idea of him being “broken” ... just wish he didn’t *just* do the astral projection and then fade away

I will say I definitely would have preferred that he not fade away. I'm not sure they needed the projection to cause him to die, in which case they would have more options for Ep IX. With Carrie gone, they may have needed to go this route.

I suppose they still could. Suppose Luke didn't die but rather teleported or something, or entered that sub-universe from Rebels. It's out there I guess, but still.

Agreed.

And why have the pretty much entire FA dedicated to finding this mythical hero. Snoke was even worried about them finding Skywalker. Just makes no sense to me.

The projection really did nothing either. The rebels should have been looking for the back exit regardless. It just finally dawns on them during a 5 minute fake fight scene, they should look for an escape? One that still wasn't there if not for Rey's magical boulder lifting powers anyway.

Just the minutes before they landed on Crait, they lost every ship and sole on board with no help from Luke whatsoever.

I thought George Lucas' vision was for Luke to train Leia on how to be a Jedi for TLJ?

Absolutely, by then why make a movie about it. Why make 1/3 of a trilogy about finding that person?

That is a separate question really. As to the issue I was addressing, which is the widespread shock/horror/rage that Luke was not preserved in amber as the literal embodiment of hope... well, people change, even Jedi people. But in a universe where dead Jedi can come back as spirits to guide their proteges, I'm quite sure we have not seen the last of old Luke.

That is a separate question really. As to the issue I was addressing, which is the widespread shock/horror/rage that Luke was not preserved in amber as the literal embodiment of hope... well, people change, even Jedi people. But in a universe where dead Jedi can come back as spirits to guide their proteges, I'm quite sure we have not seen the last of old Luke.

Yep that was what I was addressing, whimp him out all they want if that's what makes them happy, just still doesn't explain making the FA all about finding him-why do that? Why not just move on with a different story, with maybe like a "wish Luke were here" environment-but he never shows up at all in the movies.

The Avengers might change as well. Just too distraught depressed to help in the next movie. Boy that sounds fun.

Yep that was what I was addressing, whimp him out all they want if that's what makes them happy, just still doesn't explain making the FA all about finding him-why do that? Why not just move on with a different story, with maybe like a "wish Luke were here" environment-but he never shows up at all in the movies.

The Avengers might change as well. Just too distraught depressed to help in the next movie. Boy that sounds fun.

You mean like if the Hulk got his butt kicked and then refused to help in the big finale fight...oh wait...

I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. The Resistance thought (hoped!) Luke would be their magic bullet, that if they could just bring him back from exile, he could be the savior again. But he's not the same guy, so he's not actually the New New Hope after all. So they're going to have to figure it out without him. At least they got him back in touch with the Force, so that raises the possibility for him to be there in spirit for Ep.IX.

So they're going to have to figure it out without him.
If that was the goal then they should've killed Luke off before EP VII. Just start the new trilogy with Luke already dead.

But there was no need to turn him into..... what they turned him into.

You mean like if the Hulk got his butt kicked and then refused to help in the big finale fight...oh wait...

Good point, but Banner hasn't stopped. And we can assume the rest most likely/did got/get kicked as well-so make that the next movie?

And I really don't put Hulk in line with Harry Potter or Luke.

Last edited:
I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. The Resistance thought (hoped!) Luke would be their magic bullet, that if they could just bring him back from exile, he could be the savior again. But he's not the same guy, so he's not actually the New New Hope after all. So they're going to have to figure it out without him. At least they got him back in touch with the Force, so that raises the possibility for him to be there in spirit for Ep.IX.

Oh I understand it, he left a secret map to be found if needed, they did a whole movie pinned to that hope....for nothing.

If that was the goal then they should've killed Luke off before EP VII. Just start the new trilogy with Luke already dead.

But there was no need to turn him into..... what they turned him into.

Agreed. And boy does it really sound fun to have the remaining boy and girl left to figure it out, whatever that even means now. :confused3

The part I really can't wait for is...........I got nothing. :scratchin

The problem with Disney Star Wars is they let JJ create a mystery box movie. Much like Lost the mystery was more intriguing than the answer.

The problem with Disney Star Wars is they let JJ create a mystery box movie. Much like Lost the mystery was more intriguing than the answer.
This is a great comparison! And we all know how happy most people were with the Lost finale. :sad2:

Uh-oh.

The "want to see" number on Rotten Tomatoes is downright abysmal. That's not good considering this film's production budget was 300 million dollars with the re-shoots!

Uh-oh.

The "want to see" number on Rotten Tomatoes is downright abysmal. That's not good considering this film's production budget was 300 million dollars with the re-shoots!

Looking at a lot of the user comments about 99% are “the Last Jedi ruined Star Wars so I am not seeing any other Star Wars movies ever” ... still think that is a vocal minority so we shall see what really happens this coming weekend

Uh-oh.

This was my concern, but not sure I put full credence into it. After all, one of my favorite movies was Lady in the Water, yet is was one of the worse reviewed movies in recent years.

Looking at a lot of the user comments about 99% are “the Last Jedi ruined Star Wars so I am not seeing any other Star Wars movies ever” ... still think that is a vocal minority so we shall see what really happens this coming weekend

It's tracking for 140-170 million dollar weekend, think that includes Memorial day. Which is huge. Interesting to see if this one has any legs and how international does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter